watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else still feeling depressed?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, May 18, 2017, 08:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Disappointed the next day but not depressed. We can look at defeat as an injustice or look at it that we did not put our chances away. Eitherway that was the last game and nothing can be changed. As Joka says one game at a time, so now I'm waiting to see who our first game of the season is! COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Burt

Disappointed - yes.

Depressed - no, there's been too much going on in my life these past 12 months that puts things in their true perspective.

Optimistic - yes, it's been a great season, one that exceeded my expectations, and it's been good to be able to hold your head high after a few mediocre seasons. If Joka sticks around and we are able to retain the better members of the squad and add to them during the window then we will be in good shape for the next season.

SP

Would've been nice to have played the first & last game of the season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Burt on May 19, 2017, 11:09:34 AM
Disappointed - yes.

Depressed - no, there's been too much going on in my life these past 12 months that puts things in their true perspective.

Optimistic - yes, it's been a great season, one that exceeded my expectations, and it's been good to be able to hold your head high after a few mediocre seasons. If Joka sticks around and we are able to retain the better members of the squad and add to them during the window then we will be in good shape for the next season.

Exactly..... the next 12 weeks will reveal to all and sundry what our chances of challenging again for promotion, be it automatic or play off. I have convinced myself to be optimistic, as not only have we progressed a long way since this time last year. Which has seen our Stock grow in terms of our system of play, and our free scoring ability to find the net from all over the team.
The question is, how do we build on this momentum, which players will be released in the coming weeks. Will the vultures circulating our club secure any of our key players, as we know how loud money can talk.
It is plain to see, even by a recluse living in a cave on Mars that we need to recruit quality players to step up our chances of another attempt next season whist we have the good feel factor.
Has the owner learnt anything about what it takes for a club to achieve promotion to the Premier League.
These questions should be answered this summer, as action speaks louder than any words.
Because of the way Fulham have been like a breath of fresh air in the Championship this season, our credibility is higher than any time since the year of relegation.
I hope the Owner gives our Manager the maximum support, and the board listens to our managers aspirations, and match his ambitions, the tail must not wag the dog.
The manager and his coaches are the key to success on the field of play. But they are restricted if the owner and his son, and his sons best mate, do not march to the beat of the managers drum, and not the other way round.
So I am upbeat, as we all should be, until such issues arise that may make us doubt otherwise.
I hope the proffesionals at the club are given the support they deserve after guiding us into a play off position with a small squad to play with, and giving us all a taste as to what it's can be like with the right manager and players who can fit into his system of play which guarantees, entertainment goals and success if the right backing is there for them to achieve success.
We cannot stand still and tread water, otherwise we will be overtaken.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

I was running on empty Tuesday night and Wednesday right up until another Wednesday suffered the same fate as we did even if the way it happened was a little different.  At that moment the perspective of time replayed in my head and I realised how transient life is, that although situations may seem familiar they are, like people, never quite the same.  I also have regard for how others have to cope with the same feelings I have.  Some still seem to cope better than I do.  Others do not.  Some seem to complain on and on, but that is just their way of coping.  I will not to exclude them, or belittle their feelings, because I know better than that.     

We all need to stick together through thick and thin because the whole football change of season process, for us, has just started all over again.  We did well the season just ended.  It was disappointing at the conclusion.  But did we have a right to expect more?  We are a good team, and we need to stay a good team for the season just about to unfold.  Nothing has changed yet everything is about to be different.  It is as exciting or as daunting as you want to make it, but I am looking forward to all the surprises and challenges it'll involve.   Optimism is something I remember from my childhood and how a family friend told me never to let adults take it away from you because they will if you let them.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on May 19, 2017, 12:04:14 PM
I was running on empty Tuesday night and Wednesday right up until another Wednesday suffered the same fate as we did even if the way it happened was a little different.  At that moment the perspective of time replayed in my head and I realised how transient life is, that although situations may seem familiar they are, like people, never quite the same.  I also have regard for how others have to cope with the same feelings I have.  Some still seem to cope better than I do.  Others do not.  Some seem to complain on and on, but that is just their way of coping.  I will not to exclude them, or belittle their feelings, because I know better than that.     

We all need to stick together through thick and thin because the whole football change of season process, for us, has just started all over again.  We did well the season just ended.  It was disappointing at the conclusion.  But did we have a right to expect more?  We are a good team, and we need to stay a good team for the season just about to unfold.  Nothing has changed yet everything is about to be different.  It is as exciting or as daunting as you want to make it, but I am looking forward to all the surprises and challenges it'll involve.   Optimism is something I remember from my childhood and how a family friend told me never to let adults take it away from you because they will if you let them.

Spot on, I agree 100%.

Never forget your Roots.

SP

A dose of Count Arthur Strong tonight on BBC1 will raise my spirits.

Dodgin

All the praise Patrick Roberts is getting today not helping.

Berserker

I wish I could have taken somebody with me to the match at Reading , then I could still chat about the experience with them. I found it very moving but can't express why to anybody that understands. Now no more football for at least another couple of months

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Everybody did his best, but it didn't work on the day. I agree with Joka -- we're the better team, but I've seen the better team lose time and time again.

Disappointed? You bet. Depressed? Nah. Just looking forward to next season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

I've just come on here for the first time since.

It was a penalty; we had the chances to win the game but that's the way it goes sometimes. If football were decided on points like boxing it would have been a different story but hey ho. If we manage to keep all our good players I'll be happy enough. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on May 22, 2017, 09:01:19 AM

If we manage to keep all our good players I'll be happy enough. 

and that is the 64,000 pound question.

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: Holders on May 22, 2017, 09:01:19 AM

It was a penalty; we had the chances to win the game but that's the way it goes sometimes. If football were decided on points like boxing it would have been a different story but hey ho. If we manage to keep all our good players I'll be happy enough. 

I cannot help being myself so i am sorry to say.... a penalty was awarded but the one thing it wasn't was the correct decision. there are endless pictures and alternate angles that prove the reading player handles the ball first and if kalas does touch it with his arm it is as a result of being interfered with. But we all know the ref got it wrong.

Woolly Mammoth

There is no reason to feel depressed, it's just dissapointing, but it's a game of football that did not go our way. That's all, nobody died, nobody had any life changing injuries. We go again in three months. Life is too short to dwell on setbacks.

Never forget your Roots.