watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR: Championship club's Financial Fair Play sanction set for resolution

Started by Wearethewhites, May 18, 2017, 08:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Queens Park Rangers' three-year battle with the English Football League over their Financial Fair Play sanction is due to be resolved next month.

An arbitration panel will determine if the EFL were within their rights to lodge a heavy fine against the London club for exceeding spending limits.

The EFL have never said what fine they planned to impose after QPR's promotion to the Premier League in 2014.

However, it was anticipated at the time it could be as much as £58m.

QPR were limited to making losses of £8m for the season in question. Their actual loss was £9.8m, but owner Tony Fernandes and other shareholders also wrote off £60m in loans as an "exceptional item".

The Loftus Road club were relegated back into the Championship after one season.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39950114

grandad

Whatever the result it will set a precedence. If they get a small fine or just a slap on the wrist it will open the floodgates for all clubs to overspend. This would defeat the object of FFP.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

BedsFFC

I'm  torn.

£56 million fine and rangers disbanded or slap on wrists which basically means ffp is an ass and we can splash the cash.

Big fine it is then

Carborundum

I'm hoping FFP gets undermined by the arbitration panel.  When we beat QPR next season I don't want it attributable to legal bods.  Splashing the cash might be the result for us, though that doesn't necessarily equate to anything.

SP

valdeingruo

Well if it turns into a joke like we all agree it will be, it will set a precedent and like Beds says, I'm torn, because if they get away with it, there isn't any reason not to invest heavily.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cookieg

Quote from: SP on May 18, 2017, 09:35:51 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on May 18, 2017, 08:19:03 PM
I bet they only get fined £1.8 million.

I'll be amazed if it's even £500k fine.

Suspended for 3 years. They will then spend big to get out of the Championship and two fingers to the EFL.

Andy S

Relegation seems appropriate

Its taken 3 years to get this far and most of the teams affected during that time (6 per year relegated or promoted) are not now in this league any longer

The Old Count

Likely outcome is: Fine equivilant to a percentage of the overspend (say 5% = £6 miilion)  plus season transfer embargo.

westcliff white

i dont like or agree with FFP, and do not hink it has ever been enforcable ever since QPR stalle don paying. Glad to see it resolved, but torn which way would like to see the rules ripped up but also QPR smashed to pieces.
Every day is a Fulham day

Keynsham

If they get away with it then there is every opportunity for clubs such as ours to take the league to court.

toshes mate

Quote from: BedsFFC on May 18, 2017, 09:22:39 PM
I'm  torn.

£56 million fine and rangers disbanded or slap on wrists which basically means ffp is an ass and we can splash the cash.

Big fine it is then

+1

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on May 19, 2017, 12:43:28 PM
In an ideal world Shahid Khan would release a statement today saying, "As one of the richest men in the world and owner of another Championship club, if QPR aren't fined at least £50m or docked 12pts, I will driving our team coach through the FFP rules and we'll spend whatever we want this summer."

Well said, Statto, in an ideal world.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on May 19, 2017, 02:11:57 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 19, 2017, 12:43:28 PM
In an ideal world Shahid Khan would release a statement today saying, "As one of the richest men in the world and owner of another Championship club, if QPR aren't fined at least £50m or docked 12pts, I will driving our team coach through the FFP rules and we'll spend whatever we want this summer."

Well said, Statto, in an ideal world.

-and if Mr Khan has not got a PSV Licence to drive the coach, I will volunteer to do it for him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

There will surely be trouble if they don't at least get a transfer embargo, Blackburn Rovers have just been relegated and they received an embargo , along with us and Forest (and possibly others) surely Rovers and Forest wouldn't let it rest if nothing happens to QPR,
I think they will get a transfer ban BUT it won't happen this summer more likely from January, thus giving them all summer to spend to secure their future.