Author Topic: FOF's Vote for your Player of the season 16/17 WINNER is.....  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Wolf

• Graham Leggat
Re: FOF's VOTE for your player of the season cup SEMI FINALS
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2017, 10:29:04 AM »
Tough with my top two against one another (Johansen, Cairney) and my next two eliminated (Kalas, Fredericks)

Offline Southcoastffc

• Jimmy Hill
  • Stay panic, don't calm!
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2017, 04:17:48 PM »
I've plumped for a Johansen McDonald final but don't think that will be the outcome.

How strange, so did I. I just thought they were consistently good all season
Agreed but I think TC is likely to be the eventual winner.

Offline ScalleysDad

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »
I've plumped for a Johansen McDonald final but don't think that will be the outcome.

Tripley strange as I did too. Johansen was not as easily cut out of a game as Cairney was but equally needed to be more robust at times. McD fits into the Parker category. If there is another one around about ten years younger sign him now!

Offline FulhamStu

• Legend
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2017, 05:04:38 PM »
McDonald .. easy
Cairney .. difficult

Offline FFC73

• Legend
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »

I did to.... if enough people do this we could have a BREXIT reaction...

"Never thought that would happen, actually wanted TC".

Agreed but I think TC is likely to be the eventual winner.

Offline dannyboi-ffc

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2017, 12:17:15 PM »
113 votes so far. Voting closes tonight and then it gets interesting!

Offline dannyboi-ffc

• Gentleman Jim
Re: FOF's VOTE for your player of the season cup THE FINAL
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2017, 07:55:29 PM »
Voting has closed 6 mins early. To be honest it's been over since the first few hours anyway. The results are on the op.

Now onto the FINAL.

CAIRNEY OR MCDONALD?

https://surveyplanet.com/5925d2b882ff3077db05561b

Offline e4b

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »
Been Mcdonald for me since before Christmas. He allows everyone else to do what they do.

Offline bobby01

• Legend
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2017, 08:34:29 PM »
Been Mcdonald for me since before Christmas. He allows everyone else to do what they do.

, :plus one:

Offline Scrumpy

• MAESTRO
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2017, 10:50:28 PM »
Very straight forward survey. Well done.

Be interesting to see who wins. Have a sneaky feeling (and hope) it will be the most consistent performer of the season. Someone who was probably our best, or second best player in every single game.

Offline Forever Fulham

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2017, 02:34:38 AM »
I voted for Ream, and if I could, I'd take it back.  Not because he didn't end up a fine player who really played well from February on.  No, if I could take back my vote, I'd have to give it to one of our goal scorers, because, let's face it, our ability to score was our bread and butter this season.  We were known as the team that scored goals.  One way or another. Problem is: Goals came from so many offensive players it was hard for me to pick just one.  Even our fullbacks got in on the act.  It was such a breath of fresh air to support a Fulham side that scored in buckets.  Even if for a time we were leaking goals ourselves.  A weird season.  A season of two halves.   When we finally got our back sorted out, we were truly dangerous.  If only that had happened a little sooner, Won't forget this season any time soon. 

Offline dannyboi-ffc

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2017, 08:31:46 AM »
85 votes so far guys and it is very close! Possibly a lot closer than some expected. Voting is open until 8pm Saturday.

https://surveyplanet.com/5925d2b882ff3077db05561b

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2017, 10:17:18 AM »
such a hard call, Cairney has been magnificent, but he cant play like he does without a solid man behind him and that was KMac. Interesting to see a fair few players mentioned KMac too.

Offline Wolf

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2017, 11:02:15 AM »
Slightly surprised by this as I thought Johansen would win the overall vote. MacDonald would be about 7th on my ranking list.

Offline dannyboi-ffc

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »
Slightly surprised by this as I thought Johansen would win the overall vote. MacDonald would be about 7th on my ranking list.

He's so important to the way we play. It's such an unselfish disciplined role that allows the others to bomb forward. It wouldn't work without him. He's not in your face obvious but he's the unsung hero

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2017, 11:42:15 AM »

He's so important to the way we play. It's such an unselfish disciplined role that allows the others to bomb forward. It wouldn't work without him. He's not in your face obvious but he's the unsung hero
Without KMac both SJ and TC would have different roles to play in this side as we have no one else who can do the job KMac does.

It's such a good midfield, for this squad, as they dovetail fantastically

Offline Wolf

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2017, 11:45:37 AM »

DM is an important position for sure. My perception is that KM has filled the DM solidly and unremarkably (hence ranked 7th for me). I dont think his passing is top notch and can recall a few midseason matches where stray passes were intercepted to provide big chances for the opposition.

Offline dannyboi-ffc

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »

DM is an important position for sure. My perception is that KM has filled the DM solidly and unremarkably (hence ranked 7th for me). I dont think his passing is top notch and can recall a few midseason matches where stray passes were intercepted to provide big chances for the opposition.

He's more than defensive midfield. Makelele was a great defensive midfielder but he couldn't pass the ball. McD is a deep lying playmaker.

And I tell ya what, he's been a passenger in less games than everyone. There's been many games where Johansen and Cairney have been frozen out of games. McDonald imo has been the most consistent.

Offline Wolf

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2017, 02:08:40 PM »
How would a DM be frozen out? Perhaps by putting another midfielder on him all game. But MacDonald's range of passing is limited, therefore he doesn't need that level of attention.

Offline rweller86

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2017, 02:16:36 PM »
How would a DM be frozen out? Perhaps by putting another midfielder on him all game. But MacDonald's range of passing is limited, therefore he doesn't need that level of attention.
His passing has surprised me. When he played against us for Wolves, he was pinging the ball 60/70yds to their winger's feet. Not seen much of that for us.