News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FOF's Vote for your Player of the season 16/17 WINNER is.....

Started by dannyboi-ffc, May 18, 2017, 11:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bobby01 on May 24, 2017, 09:48:11 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 23, 2017, 08:43:35 PM
I've plumped for a Johansen McDonald final but don't think that will be the outcome.

How strange, so did I. I just thought they were consistently good all season
Agreed but I think TC is likely to be the eventual winner.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ScalleysDad

I've plumped for a Johansen McDonald final but don't think that will be the outcome.

Tripley strange as I did too. Johansen was not as easily cut out of a game as Cairney was but equally needed to be more robust at times. McD fits into the Parker category. If there is another one around about ten years younger sign him now!

FulhamStu

ffc73

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 24, 2017, 04:17:48 PM

I did to.... if enough people do this we could have a BREXIT reaction...

"Never thought that would happen, actually wanted TC".

Agreed but I think TC is likely to be the eventual winner.

dannyboi-ffc

113 votes so far. Voting closes tonight and then it gets interesting!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Voting has closed 6 mins early. To be honest it's been over since the first few hours anyway. The results are on the op.

Now onto the FINAL.

CAIRNEY OR MCDONALD?

https://surveyplanet.com/5925d2b882ff3077db05561b

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

e4b

Been Mcdonald for me since before Christmas. He allows everyone else to do what they do.

bobby01

Quote from: e4b on May 25, 2017, 08:27:26 PM
Been Mcdonald for me since before Christmas. He allows everyone else to do what they do.

, :plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Scrumpy

Very straight forward survey. Well done.

Be interesting to see who wins. Have a sneaky feeling (and hope) it will be the most consistent performer of the season. Someone who was probably our best, or second best player in every single game.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Forever Fulham

I voted for Ream, and if I could, I'd take it back.  Not because he didn't end up a fine player who really played well from February on.  No, if I could take back my vote, I'd have to give it to one of our goal scorers, because, let's face it, our ability to score was our bread and butter this season.  We were known as the team that scored goals.  One way or another. Problem is: Goals came from so many offensive players it was hard for me to pick just one.  Even our fullbacks got in on the act.  It was such a breath of fresh air to support a Fulham side that scored in buckets.  Even if for a time we were leaking goals ourselves.  A weird season.  A season of two halves.   When we finally got our back sorted out, we were truly dangerous.  If only that had happened a little sooner, Won't forget this season any time soon. 

dannyboi-ffc

85 votes so far guys and it is very close! Possibly a lot closer than some expected. Voting is open until 8pm Saturday.

https://surveyplanet.com/5925d2b882ff3077db05561b

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

westcliff white

such a hard call, Cairney has been magnificent, but he cant play like he does without a solid man behind him and that was KMac. Interesting to see a fair few players mentioned KMac too.
Every day is a Fulham day

Wolf

Slightly surprised by this as I thought Johansen would win the overall vote. MacDonald would be about 7th on my ranking list.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Wolf on May 26, 2017, 11:02:15 AM
Slightly surprised by this as I thought Johansen would win the overall vote. MacDonald would be about 7th on my ranking list.

He's so important to the way we play. It's such an unselfish disciplined role that allows the others to bomb forward. It wouldn't work without him. He's not in your face obvious but he's the unsung hero

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 26, 2017, 11:11:59 AM

He's so important to the way we play. It's such an unselfish disciplined role that allows the others to bomb forward. It wouldn't work without him. He's not in your face obvious but he's the unsung hero
Without KMac both SJ and TC would have different roles to play in this side as we have no one else who can do the job KMac does.

It's such a good midfield, for this squad, as they dovetail fantastically
Every day is a Fulham day

Wolf

DM is an important position for sure. My perception is that KM has filled the DM solidly and unremarkably (hence ranked 7th for me). I dont think his passing is top notch and can recall a few midseason matches where stray passes were intercepted to provide big chances for the opposition.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Wolf on May 26, 2017, 11:45:37 AM

DM is an important position for sure. My perception is that KM has filled the DM solidly and unremarkably (hence ranked 7th for me). I dont think his passing is top notch and can recall a few midseason matches where stray passes were intercepted to provide big chances for the opposition.

He's more than defensive midfield. Makelele was a great defensive midfielder but he couldn't pass the ball. McD is a deep lying playmaker.

And I tell ya what, he's been a passenger in less games than everyone. There's been many games where Johansen and Cairney have been frozen out of games. McDonald imo has been the most consistent.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Wolf

How would a DM be frozen out? Perhaps by putting another midfielder on him all game. But MacDonald's range of passing is limited, therefore he doesn't need that level of attention.

rweller86

Quote from: Wolf on May 26, 2017, 02:08:40 PM
How would a DM be frozen out? Perhaps by putting another midfielder on him all game. But MacDonald's range of passing is limited, therefore he doesn't need that level of attention.
His passing has surprised me. When he played against us for Wolves, he was pinging the ball 60/70yds to their winger's feet. Not seen much of that for us.
@rweller

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Wolf on May 26, 2017, 02:08:40 PM

I'm not sure limited is the right word. It's just more specific than the other 2. He starts the attacks and dictates the tempo of the game. The conductor of the orchestra whilst the other two play the fancy instruments. I'm sure if McDonald wanted to he could play the 50 yard passes etc but then you risk losing the ball before the attack has begun.

The way we play it would be very noticeable if McDonald became exposed or looked vulnerable as the others are caught out high up the pitch. But his positioning is spot on and he also allows Ream and Kalas to cover our full Backs as a third centre back. He's like 3 players in one for this Team.

If I had to criticise I would say he should score more goals and lacks pace but that's being very picky. The latter will probably be the reason he doesn't become a premier league player

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]