Author Topic: Divers to be suspended  (Read 675 times)

Offline epsomraver

• Gentleman Jim
Re: Divers to be suspended
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 12:03:29 PM »
There will be a situation where referees won't give the decisions but will wait until the Monday. When malone was booked for diving in the play off game he made the mistake of over elaborating when he threw his arms in the air before going down. In reality nobody does that who is deliberately fouled. I hope it works but I fear it might not
i actually htought he was booked for what happened after that as he got really verbal with the ref

You are correct it was what he said to the ref

Offline ToodlesMcToot

• cebu
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »
I am in the penalty area. I see somebody about lunge at me with no control. I jump and go over. Penalty given. Then a few months later I am done for diving because the contact never happened and I don't belong to a big club. I can see this being problematic to say the least.

And I am absolutely certain you are going to be proven right.

Probably why they are only addressing two "types" of simulation. Diving just outside the penalty area is just as prevalent as in it, it seems. But I guess that was deemed less likely to alter a match.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Offline ToodlesMcToot

• cebu
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 02:39:16 PM »
There will be a situation where referees won't give the decisions but will wait until the Monday. When malone was booked for diving in the play off game he made the mistake of over elaborating when he threw his arms in the air before going down. In reality nobody does that who is deliberately fouled. I hope it works but I fear it might not
i actually htought he was booked for what happened after that as he got really verbal with the ref

You are correct it was what he said to the ref

Yes. Atkinson even motioned with his hand the way that a puppeteer would move a puppets mouth when he explained the card after giving it.

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 05:01:51 PM »
I'll believe this when I see a Manure or Scum player penalized while playing at home to a bottom dweller.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Offline ToodlesMcToot

• cebu
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 07:44:02 PM »
I'll believe this when I see a Manure or Scum player penalized while playing at home to a bottom dweller.

These are details worked out in the fine print my friend. Once per season A player from each of these sides will be penalized....in order to demonstrate how even handed the rules will be. Once.

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »

These are details worked out in the fine print my friend. Once per season A player from each of these sides will be penalized....in order to demonstrate how even handed the rules will be. Once.

More likely, one of the elite teams will be penalized once. Not each team. None the less, your cynicism is well founded.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Offline toshes mate

• Legend
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »

More likely, one of the elite teams will be penalized once. Not each team. None the less, your cynicism is well founded.

Yep, the authorities only ever need one example of fairness to prove their case....