more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr..Count Arthur Strong.

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 19, 2017, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

SP

Love it & the supporting cast are brilliant.

Lighthouse

Yeah I wish I didn't. But on radio or tv the Count always makes me laugh.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

The opening episode of the new series last night was superb,had me and the wife in stitches.
Its his body movements and head shaking when he is talking gets me.

SP

Was booked to see his stage show at Epsom but couldn't make it, sometimes these shows dont transfer well but my wife said it was superb.

ron

I must be in the minority of one, but he just seems to me like re-visiting Harry Worth......and we stopped laughing at Harry about forty years ago......

Lighthouse

Quote from: ron on May 20, 2017, 11:03:08 AM
I must be in the minority of one, but he just seems to me like re-visiting Harry Worth......and we stopped laughing at Harry about forty years ago......

That is a good point. Some us didn't stop laughing at Harry Worth or Tony Hancock or the music hall stars to go back even further. We stopped laughing when Miranda and many of the modern comedians tried copying the format and calling it original. I haven't laughed at a comedy - the irish, indian, working class, man dressed up as mother, the same old format that people love. Isn't funny for me. But the proper throw backs, the buffoon who is out of place in life but thinks he is the expert etc etc. Can be funny still. If you enjoy the old, dated, Radio 4 extra type comedy then Count Arthur Strong is a delight. If not then it just isn't your thing. Horses for houses. No Horses for stables. No Horses for Courses. Simple old stuff.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SP

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 20, 2017, 11:42:29 AM

That is a good point. Some us didn't stop laughing at Harry Worth or Tony Hancock or the music hall stars to go back even further. We stopped laughing when Miranda and many of the modern comedians tried copying the format and calling it original. I haven't laughed at a comedy - the irish, indian, working class, man dressed up as mother, the same old format that people love. Isn't funny for me. But the proper throw backs, the buffoon who is out of place in life but thinks he is the expert etc etc. Can be funny still. If you enjoy the old, dated, Radio 4 extra type comedy then Count Arthur Strong is a delight. If not then it just isn't your thing. Horses for houses. No Horses for stables. No Horses for Courses. Simple old stuff.

Spot on.  Fortunately there's an off button if its not to your taste.

arnieb

Going to see him at London Palladium next Friday.

bog

:plus one: