watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stockdale

Started by Wearethewhites, May 19, 2017, 09:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Has rejected a new contract at Brighton by all accounts, Tweets of 'Family first' which means he's either back off up to the Midlands, who though? Or, word is, he's going to sit on the bench for Chelsea.

Mince n Tatties

On his way back here?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 19, 2017, 09:07:38 PM
On his way back here?

Doubt we'd offer more money than Brighton now they're in the Prem, few quotes that he's going to sit on a bench somewhere for bigger bucks.

cmg

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 19, 2017, 09:06:42 PM
Has rejected a new contract at Brighton by all accounts, Tweets of 'Family first' which means he's either back off up to the Midlands, who though? Or, word is, he's going to sit on the bench for Chelsea.

Midlands?
He was born in Leeds and came to us from Darlington.

AlexW132

Yep he'll be off up to Leeds most likely. Them or Huddersfield, whose keeper is only on loan

westcliff white

i heard boro and Newcastle were interested

also family first could be to do about money
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

Good GK but towards the end of the season he made a few costly gaffes. Don´t remember Betts making many. I want Betts to be our No.1. He is younger & will only get better.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

Quote from: grandad on May 20, 2017, 08:04:59 AM
Good GK but towards the end of the season he made a few costly gaffes. Don´t remember Betts making many. I want Betts to be our No.1. He is younger & will only get better.
+1

filham

Betts just has to start the season as our number one, he has now almost reached a peak and regular games up to Christmas will see him performing as good as any other Championship keeper.

There are more important adjustments needed over the summer than the keeperposition.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: filham on May 20, 2017, 10:20:43 AM
Betts just has to start the season as our number one, he has now almost reached a peak and regular games up to Christmas will see him performing as good as any other Championship keeper.

There are more important adjustments needed over the summer than the keeperposition.

Really? If we're making an assault on automatic promotion next season, then I'd say a good goalkeeper is up there with the importance of 2 new strikers.

I know everyone has this soft spot for Betts, I kind of do, nice fella, fulham through and through, but he's very average, and would be the difference between winning and losing a title.

Like I keep saying, was very surprised we went for Button, who I feel is on equal with Betts, when we had someone like McCarthy down at Motspur.

Willard

Stockdale could be off to Sunderland. It's extremely unlikely that Sunderland will retain Jordan Pickford because of interest from Premiership clubs.

Berserker

I think he is just trying to get more money out of Brighton. He never left us when we were in the Prem. He definitely wouldn't come back down to the Championship to join another club now he is with a promoted team. Suppose he could go to another mid table Prem club, somewhere in the midlands
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

AlexW132

Quote from: Berserker on May 21, 2017, 11:59:36 AM
I think he is just trying to get more money out of Brighton. He never left us when we were in the Prem. He definitely wouldn't come back down to the Championship to join another club now he is with a promoted team. Suppose he could go to another mid table Prem club, somewhere in the midlands
If Schmeichel leaves Leicester there's always that possibility.

Max Headroom

Bettinelli is not a weakness for us. Yes he can be upgraded but in my mind not a necessity. I'm not sure stockdale is an upgrade. More a like for like swap

AlexW132

In my opinion he's been the most overrated player in the league this season.

PokerMatt

I've maintained all season that if Brighton went up he'd be the first to be replaced.

The number of errors he's made this season is definitely more than Button. They play very stodgy, defensive football so it's no surprise they keep more clean sheets than us. Honestly I'd put him on the same level as both of our keepers and honestly I think it's a key area we need to improve.

I suspect Brighton's offer is saying "you won't be No.1 this season" so he might have to stay as a Championship No.1.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Nero

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 21, 2017, 04:28:16 PM
I've maintained all season that if Brighton went up he'd be the first to be replaced.

The number of errors he's made this season is definitely more than Button. They play very stodgy, defensive football so it's no surprise they keep more clean sheets than us. Honestly I'd put him on the same level as both of our keepers and honestly I think it's a key area we need to improve.

I suspect Brighton's offer is saying "you won't be No.1 this season" so he might have to stay as a Championship No.1.

or sit on Chelsea bench for 3 times the money

dhowells21

Quote from: AlexW132 on May 21, 2017, 03:41:39 PM
In my opinion he's been the most overrated player in the league this season.

Jonjo Shelvey wins this award for me by quite a stretch