Main Menu

Fancy the New Den next year

Started by F(f)CUK, May 20, 2017, 04:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Quote from: ffcne on May 21, 2017, 04:47:17 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on May 21, 2017, 01:59:33 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on May 21, 2017, 12:09:26 AM
Another close away game great.i have never had a problem with there fans.

How about having Dirk Lehmann assaulted on the pitch or was it Rufus Brevitt?
Rufus
Thanks.

fulhamdk

I have been to the den on a couple of occassions and they have allways treated my on

fulhamfan

Is it safe to go there nowadays?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamross on May 22, 2017, 11:25:46 AM

Yes, I can assure you it is very safe, as safe as houses.
Providing you are wearing a Suit of Armour, covered in Barbed Wire, and have in your possession a Bazooka, a 2.36 inch Rocket Launcher, Shoulder Fired.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tonywa

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 11:37:26 AM

Providing you are wearing a Suit of Armour, covered in Barbed Wire, and have in your possession a Bazooka, a 2.36 inch Rocket Launcher, Shoulder Fired.
And don't mind being locked in the ground for ages until the police have locked up the local yobs for the night.

filham

I went to the Old Den many ,many years ago and have never ever thought of a return visit.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tonywa on May 22, 2017, 11:57:50 AM

And don't mind being locked in the ground for ages until the police have locked up the local yobs for the night.

Yes it generally is a bit of a wait whilst the Constabulary herd the Heathens dragging their knuckles away from the ground. Which enevitably ends up arriving home later than intended thanks to these Neandathel Cretins.   
What also makes me shake my head in disbelief, is that a lot of these delinquents are not juveniles either, a lot are adults.
Some are actually reaching pensionable age, and the men are not much better either.

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on May 22, 2017, 11:58:05 AM
I went to the Old Den many ,many years ago and have never ever thought of a return visit.
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

Went to the old one a few times but haven't been to the new one.

Their fans used to be intimidating as a group but I don't have a problem with them as individuals; in fact I used to work with one. A good family man and a real football fan of an unfashionable team. The fact that I was a Fulham fan and in Div 3 (or whatever it's called now) rather than C*****a or similar brought respect.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 12:02:36 PM

Yes it generally is a bit of a wait whilst the Constabulary herd the Heathens dragging their knuckles away from the ground. Which enevitably ends up arriving home later than intended thanks to these Neandathel Cretins.   
What also makes me shake my head in disbelief, is that a lot of these delinquents are not juveniles either, a lot are adults.
Some are actually reaching pensionable age, and the men are not much better either.

Come on, that's a bit rich. As a heathen myself I take exception and I expect a Neanderthal would as well.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on May 22, 2017, 12:51:50 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 12:02:36 PM

Come on, that's a bit rich. As a heathen myself I take exception and I expect a Neanderthal would as well.

My apologies to all Heathens, Neandathels especially the rich ones, and not forgetting the Cretins both male and female including the ones at pensionable age.

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Went to the old den many times.  A characterful place where no two sides of the ground were alike.  My sort of ground.  New Den more uniform, less appealing.

Going there reminded me of Friday / Saturday nights out in any number of towns and cities across the land.  If you aren't looking for trouble, you have to be really quite unlucky to find it.   But if you give any indication that trouble might be welcome, it will find you.

The only bother I've ever experienced was a coming together with the rear end of a skittish police horse at that hotbed of football trouble, the Underhill stadium Barnet twenty five years ago.  Millwall fans are generally fine, but the increased numbers of police horses associated with their arrival worries me still. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Carborundum on May 22, 2017, 01:21:31 PM
Went to the old den many times.  A characterful place where no two sides of the ground were alike.  My sort of ground.  New Den more uniform, less appealing.

Going there reminded me of Friday / Saturday nights out in any number of towns and cities across the land.  If you aren't looking for trouble, you have to be really quite unlucky to find it.   But if you give any indication that trouble might be welcome, it will find you.

The only bother I've ever experienced was a coming together with the rear end of a skittish police horse at that hotbed of football trouble, the Underhill stadium Barnet twenty five years ago.  Millwall fans are generally fine, but the increased numbers of police horses associated with their arrival worries me still. 

Yes, that's why I always carry a shovel and a bucket at times like that.

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

A friend, Millwall fan, lost a testicle to a kick from a riot copper thug because he allegedly wouldn't back down for his dog. When the complaint went to court there was no dog on the video.

HillingdonFFC

Love going to Millwall, been to all our games there since 1981. Personally think its a great away day, superb pubs around London Bridge.
Its a bit edgy but you'll only find trouble if you go looking for it. They've always had a large hoolie element but never had a problem there. Used to work with a few  Millwall boys & when we played there in 98 myself & a mate met them all in a pub off Elephant & Castle & they were brilliant with us.
They've got a lot of decent fans amongst the knuckledraggers. When they came to the Cottage a couple of years ago we were chatting to a load in the pub & they were all good as gold to be fair

Riversider

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 22, 2017, 02:30:09 PM
Love going to Millwall, been to all our games there since 1981. Personally think its a great away day, superb pubs around London Bridge.
Its a bit edgy but you'll only find trouble if you go looking for it. They've always had a large hoolie element but never had a problem there. Used to work with a few  Millwall boys & when we played there in 98 myself & a mate met them all in a pub off Elephant & Castle & they were brilliant with us.
They've got a lot of decent fans amongst the knuckledraggers. When they came to the Cottage a couple of years ago we were chatting to a load in the pub & they were all good as gold to be fair

Some of the bed wetters on this thread should take notice of these comments, far more likely to come across trouble at home to Brentford now days then you ever will with Millwall.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on May 22, 2017, 01:40:03 PM
A friend, Millwall fan, lost a testicle to a kick from a riot copper thug because he allegedly wouldn't back down for his dog. When the complaint went to court there was no dog on the video.

There's a surprise.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on May 22, 2017, 02:43:03 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 22, 2017, 02:30:09 PM

Some of the bed wetters on this thread should take notice of these comments, far more likely to come across trouble at home to Brentford now days then you ever will with Millwall.

I also wear my suit of armour at Brentford as well. I take a Flame Thrower there.

Never forget your Roots.

F(f)CUK

That's my main memory of the New Den being locked in for 30 mins or more.

Southdowns White

Millwall fans were fine when they came to us 2 years ago, I heard they enjoyed the day because the police were not out in huge numbers ready to march them to and from the local station. They were in the pub in Putney and were just like any other fans. Have been to the New Den a few times and seen us win there and still managed to get home with my head intact.