more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (21/05/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 21, 2017, 07:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Rodák: A Great Opportunity

Fulham Academy goalkeeper Marek Rodák joined Accrington Stanley in January of this year on loan, with the aim of helping them remain in the English Football League.

It was a successful loan spell where he aided Accrington in staying up, and also reaching the Fourth Round of the FA Cup, only to be knocked out by Premier League side Middleborough 1-0 at the Riverside.

He is now looking forward to the summer, whilst hoping to be selected for Slovakia's Under-21 side at the European Championships which are just around the corner.

Accrington were languishing in 21st place when he joined the North-West side, two points above the drop zone. In just under four months of being between the sticks, Stanley finished in 13th place, beating relegation with 19 points in-hand.

"We went 15 matches unbeaten," stated Rodák. "Accrington was a bit different to Fulham, it's a completely different league and it was a very good experience for me, especially getting some game time in.

"Away games were particularly good, there were more fans away from home. Accrington Stanley's ground isn't that big, but we would still get around 1,500 fans I would say. I enjoyed playing both home and away."

Fulham's PL2 Goalkeeping Coach Geoff Warne backed Rodák to make an impact at Accrington.

"To experience that kind of football has been good for him, he has shown he can go out there and perform on a weekly basis, which we believed he could do," Warne said.

"When Vic [Bettinelli] told me that Accrington Stanley were interested in Marek we decided he was available to go out on loan until the end of the season in League Two.

"Obviously when he joined them Accrington were near the relegation zone and ended up finishing 13th."

Asked about whether it was a good move for him, Rodák responded: "The loan spell gave me a great opportunity to improve and develop as a player, 100%. I felt much better after the games, especially more confident."

"I always was in contact with Fulham, I spoke to either Geoff or Tim Flowers after every game to talk about how they went. Sometime after the matches I would still come to watch Fulham if I could.

Warne commented: "We sent Marek on loan to play in front of bigger crowds and to get some game understanding in league football, that's part of the parcel with the loan experience. It's also been great that he has been training with Tim Flowers and the First Team as often as possible."

Rodák is eligible for Slovakia and has played for their Under-21 side in cup competitions as well as friendlies, and is hoping to be named in their squad for the Under-21 Euros.

"I'm younger than that age group," he explained. "The players were born in 1994-1995, I'm 1996 but hopefully I have a chance of playing.  I think I've got a good chance after my loan spell but we will see.

"We have England in our group, and also Sweden and Poland, so it's a tough group and we will see what happens. Our first game of the tournament is against Poland, and then we play England and Sweden."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/may/20/rodak-a-great-opportunity

WhiteJC

Liverpool Make This Teen Sensation Their Top Target: The Next Anfield Superstar In The Making?

Liverpool have reportedly still kept Fulham's young sensation Ryan Sessegnon as one of their prime targets for that left back's role. Liverpool's defence has come under immense criticism this season as Jurgen Klopp's summer signings in that role have crumbled one after another.

The biggest failure in the back line was Alberto Moreno. The Spanish international rode on a huge hype and hefty fee of £12m from Sevilla back in 2014. But he has been nowhere near his performances from his time in La Liga and if not for James Milner, Klopp would have been in huge crisis. His first team chances have further reduced this season with the 24-year-old appearing only 11 times and managing two starts.

A move away from Anfield is definitely on the cards for Moreno with La Liga a likely destination, and the German gaffer thinks Sessegnon could be an ideal option in that role. It is sure that Klopp sees Milner as his first choice left-back in the near future and the teenager would be the perfect understudy to the vice-captain.

Liverpool awaits a nervy end to the season as they face Middlesbrough in a must-win game that would guarantee them qualification in the top four over Arsenal. And Klopp knows pretty well that the Reds conceding 42 goals could come back to haunt them if things get wrong.

Liverpool are keeping track of a number of players in that position with Hull City's £8million priced Andrew Robertson being one option. But despite the Tigers getting relegated this season, that deal looks unlikely.

Sessegnon is labelled in the region of £10million and given his attacking attributes, the England Under-19 could be an ideal fit. The player has enjoyed a breakthrough season with Fulham and now with the Cottagers losing out in the playoffs to Reading FC, his chances of staying at Craven Cottage has diminished.

The 17-year-old has managed to score seven goals in 30 appearances for Fulham and despite not having the biggest of frames, his raw pace makes him a dangerous player.  His professional contract with Fulham that was agreed previously in the season gets activated on July 1. As soon as it gets activated, his price tag hikes.

Sessegnon has turned heads with his smooth technique at a tender age and his future would mould the exact way his next manager chooses to, which makes his next move all the more crucial. His pace on the ball and close control can also make him a winger and his comparison to Real Madrid's Gareth Bale has already started doing the rounds.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/05/liverpool-make-teen-sensation-top-target-next-anfield-superstar-making/

WhiteJC

Fulham captain Scott Parker to use the summer to decide his future with a career in coaching on the horizon

The 36-year-old is out of contract in the summer at the Cottage and has been interested in a coaching role in some shape for a while

Scott Parker will use the summer to decide where his next move takes him as the former England international ponders a career in coaching.

The 36-year-old is out of contract at Fulham in the summer having been at the club since 2013 having joined from Tottenham Hotspur after two years there.

He made 31 appearances in all competitions for Slavisa Jokanovic's side, and while it looks unlikely he will be offered a new deal at Craven Cottage a career in coaching beckons for the experienced midfielder.

Parker has previously coached in the academy at Fulham and sat amongst the backroom staff during Peter Grant's caretaker reign of the club, all while completing his UEFA A and B licenses while still playing.

He's embarked on a FA UEFA Pro Licence course, which is mandatory to manage in the Premier League, and was in the same class as Mark Warburton, Jummy Floyd Hasselbaink, Brad Friedel and Phil Neville, graduating in June 2016.

It's something he is interested in, but at the moment Parker wants to take the summer to plot his next move after a bitterly disappointing end to the season thanks to that Play-off semi final loss to Reading.

He said: "Maybe yeah, at this present moment in time I'm disappointed with the way it has gone so we'll regroup and have a think about things, I'll speak to my family and decide what we're going to do from there.

Manager Slavisa Jokanovic and Scott Parker share a moment against Hull City (Photo: Dan Istitene/Getty Images)

"I try to help but when you get this far though the back end of the season everyone goes off on their way and I think the most important thing is to come back next year and learn from this experience and try and go again.

"It's disappointing as you can imagine, you come this far and to fall at the final hurdle is obviously disappointing so it isn't a happy changing room.

"We're a little bit down but that's sport isn't it, sport you win and you lose and this time we're on the losing side, but we'll go again next year, regroup and see what happens."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-captain-scott-parker-use-13060984

WhiteJC

Defender delivers a passionate message to Wolves following his departure

Richard Stearman has delivered a heartfelt message to Wolverhampton Wanderers on his personal Twitter account, after it was announced he would be leaving the club this summer.

Wolves confirmed on their end of season retained list, that Stearman would be returning to Fulham after his loan deal at Molineux expired and the club wouldn't be pursuing a deal to sign the defender permanently.

Stearman is a popular figure at Molineux having made over 250 appearances for the club during two spells, and he took to Twitter to deliver a message to Wolves following his departure, which read: "Been an honour to wear the old gold again.. thanks to all associated with the club for the love & support.. forever a wolf."

Wolves brought Stearman back to Molineux in August on a season-long loan, and the 29-year old has made 19 appearances in old gold this season.

The central defender scored one goal during his second-spell with Wolves, which came in January's FA cup victory over Liverpool.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/defender-delivers-a-passionate-message-to-wolves-following-his-departure/

WhiteJC

Transfer News: Ten out, four in at Villa.

We all knew that this summer would arguably be more important than last season and after Keith Wyness spoke to some media outlets this week we are starting to see how our transfer window could take shape.

Last summer was about rebuilding a squad who's morale was rock bottom and it resulted in creating a virtually new look side.

This summer has to be the total opposite by bringing in 2-3 quality signings to balance quite an unbalanced first eleven out and then look to offload those who are happy for a free ride at Villa Park.

Chief Executive Wyness has stated that there could be as many as ten departures in the summer transfer window providing the club can get the right price for their players.

Micah Richards is being linked with a move to Championship rivals Leeds United but would have to take a wage cut to make the move to Elland Road.

St Etienne is rumoured to want to keep hold of Jordan Veretout but Villa is believed to want around £7million for the midfielder. This could be a problem for Les Verts so could see other French clubs show an interest which could ultimately create a bidding war if Villa gets lucky.

Rumours surfaced yesterday that Jordan Amavi is being linked with a move to Atletico Madrid of Spain but it is unclear how much you can read into this one at the moment.

Tommy Elphick and Aaron Tshibola have also been told they can leave the club while the future is still undecided on Ross McCormack who was told by Steve Bruce that he would be allowed a second chance at Aston Villa if he wants it.

I have seen some fans already mocking the club on getting rid of some players they rate. Can I just say that just because a player shines in another league across the world doesn't mean they can cut it in England? Savo Milosevic was the perfect example of that surely?

Every time a player succeeds somewhere once he leaves Aston Villa whether it be in a poor league or a lower league than we currently play you see supporters of Villa saying that we made a mistake in selling them. Scott Sinclair and Karim El Ahmadi come to mind most recently. Both who were distinctively average in a Villa shirt.

Four In
oth Steve Bruce and Wyness have made it clear for the past 3-4 months in supporter meetings and again to the media outlets that we will only look to bring in 3-4 quality signings in this transfer window.

A goalkeeper is a must and if rumours are to be believed Sam Johnstone will join Villa on another loan spell this season. Apparently, this is just waiting for the players signature who is currently on holiday with his family.

Villa is also said to be looking to strengthen in defence, a winger and an attacking midfielder. A striker may also be required depending on the future of Ross McCormack.

The return of the very versatile Richie De Laet will also be like having a new signing.

I know some supporters are worried but I must say I am not worried in the slightest. I have not heard anything that I didn't expect to happen this summer so far and although I find Bruce's style of football boring (which we all knew before we got him) I still believe he is the man to take us back to the Premiership.

http://www.avillafan.com/25742/transfer-news-ten-four-villa/

WhiteJC

Fulham star Scott Malone reflects on his fine season for the Whites

The Whites were beaten by Reading 2-1 on aggregate in the play-off semi finals to end their promotion dreams

Scott Malone was bitterly disappointed that Fulham fell at the penultimate hurdle but has every right to be proud of his season.

The Whites were beaten by Reading 2-1 on aggregate in the play-off semi finals to end their promotion dreams.

Malone, though, has been wonderful for Fulham for much of the season, with his pace described as fast as lightning, despite the presence of wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon and is delighted with how his performances have been.

He said: "I'm very happy with my season. It's been great. It's a downer that the team hasn't got to Wembley and got promoted.

(Photo: Justin Setterfield/GettyImages)

"This will make us stronger. We'll go again in the summer when everyone reports back at the end of June."

Malone felt Fulham were the better side over the two legs and was almost lost for words after the Royals progressed to Wembley.

He added: "I don't really know. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. We should have won that four or five one. They had chances but we had to go for the game.

"I think the handball was a bit soft for the penalty. We had the chances to progress and didn't take them and it's cost us.

"I think we played the better football over the two ties. They've won and I wish them all the best at Wembley."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-star-scott-malone-reflects-13065642

WhiteJC

"I'm always ready!" - Fulham boss insists Whites are prepared for summer window

The Whites are expected to resist offers for their leading players such as Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon, although the Serbian has insisted they will remain with the club

Slavisa Jokanovic is already prepared to work to improve the Fulham squad in the summer after their play-off defeat.

The Whites are expected to resist offers for their leading players such as Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon, although the Serbian has insisted they will remain with the club.

Jokanovic is fully aware of where his side were lacking this season and will be taking the right steps to address it in the off-season.

When asked after their play-off loss at Reading whether the club were ready for the transfer window, Jokanovic replied: "I am always ready. The football department has to make the right steps this summer if we want to show ambition and desire and bring what the team needs.

The boss: Slavisa Jokanovic (Photo: PA)

"We've spoken all season about what we miss and where we can improve in our spot. If somebody leaves or not, or for another side

"I'm talking with the people in the club I don't expect our more important players to leave."

Fulham will have plans and targets in mind for the summer as they bid to bridge the gap between themselves and the top two.

He added: "It's like all the teams. We try and show ambition and desire and try and be stronger than what we made this season and that's it."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/im-always-ready-fulham-boss-13066094

WhiteJC

Millwall beat Bradford to set up London derbies with Brentford, QPR and Fulham

Bees, Hoops and Whites find out 23rd opponent for the 2017/18 season

Tony Craig battles Timothee Dieng (Photo: PA)

Steve Morison fired a late Wembley winner to clinch Millwall a 1-0 win against Bradford in the Sky Bet League One play-off final and earn promotion to the Championship.

Veteran striker Morison stole in at the far post as the tie appeared destined for extra-time to grab an 85th-minute winner and end the Londoners' two-year absence from the second tier, setting up London derbies against west London trio Brentford, QPR and Fulham

It was the evergreen Morison's 19th goal of the season and in a stroke expunged the memory of last season's play-off final defeat to Barnsley.

Bradford, beaten by Millwall in the semi-finals last season, had looked the more likely to break the deadlock, but Neil Harris' side were rewarded for another never-say-die performance.

Both sides made their intentions clear from the start. Bradford withstood a succession of early corners, while defender Tony McMahon fired wide and Millwall counterpart Shaun Hutchinson headed another set-piece from Shaun Williams over the crossbar.

Bradford were denied a golden chance to take a 13th-minute lead when Millwall goalkeeper Jordan Archer displayed lightning reflexes to get his fingertips to a goalbound shot from Billy Clarke, who had raced clear on to Mark Marshall's defence-splitting pass.

James Meredith then tested Archer with a well-struck drive from inside the penalty area and Hutchinson got his head in the way of McMahon's curling free-kick that appeared destined for the top corner.

Bradford began to build momentum and threatened again when Rory McArdle headed McMahon's corner straight at Archer.

But Millwall, making their fifth Wembley appearance in eight years, always carried a threat.

City skipper Romain Vincelot was forced to make telling tackles to prevent both Morison and Hutchinson getting shots away in the box towards the end of the first half.

Meredith's low shot following good work from Josh Cullen and Nicky Law was blocked at the start of the second period and at the other end Morison fired Lee Gregory's knockdown off target.

Bradford applauded en masse in the 56th minute in tribute to those who lost their lives in the Valley Parade fire disaster and that was warmly reciprocated by Millwall supporters.

Millwall then spurned their best chance of the match. Gregory's fine throughball set Jed Wallace free, but the winger dragged his low effort wide as an absorbing final hung in the balance.

McArdle headed over again following McMahon's free-kick and as the clock ticked down towards extra time, the City centre-half's timely lunge denied Gregory from close-range after Morison's effort had been blocked.

Bradford's football was still easier on the eye and Meredith headed McMahon's cross over following another slick move.

But Millwall were still full of running and after a swift counter-attack with five minutes remaining, Williams' cross from the left was flicked on by the diving Gregory and Morison got in front of his marker at the far post to turn the ball home.

McMahon lashed a shot into the side-netting in the closing moments as Bradford hurled themselves forward, but Millwall held on and it was all too much for some Lions' fans at the final whistle as they swarmed on to the pitch to celebrate.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/millwall-beat-bradford-set-up-13066345

WhiteJC

Don't be devastated. Be proud.
by Dan on May 19, 2017

The overriding emotion after the final whistle at the Madjeski Stadium was one of bitter disappointment. Fulham had fallen agonisingly short of reaching Wembley after a remarkable season – and the pain was etched on the players' faces. For this correspondent, that despair quickly gave way to panic as Reading supporters invaded the pitch. some rushed towards the away end goading the travelling support and a few Fulham fans sprinted down the gangways to give them a piece of their mind. It wasn't the nicest of ways to end an evening that had began with such promise.

Losing a tight game hurts, especially when so much was riding on the outcome of the tie. If you are anything like me, the same questions have been spinning around in your mind since Tuesday. Did Slavisa Jokanovic get his team selection right? Perhaps not. Was it a penalty? That depends who you ask. Could Marcus Bettinelli have saved the spot-kick? Quite possibly. Should Fulham have created more chances given the amount of pressure they applied as the clock ticked down? Yes. Would anything have beaten a clearly inspired Ali Al-Habsi? I doubt it. But once the agony of defeat subsided a little, it is worth reflecting on what has made you proud to follow the oldest professional team in London.

For a start, the way the travelling fans responded to the pathetic stewarding, policing and incitement after the final whistle by some of the pitch invaders, with a rousing chorus of Fulham songs. The way Tom Cairney insisted on bypassing a police line to commiserate with the away fans. How the likes of Tomas Kalas, Tim Ream – who was magnificent throughout the ninety minutes – Kevin McDonald and Bettinelli, who took his opportunity splendidly after spending most of the season on the substitutes' bench, also braved their way through a raucous pitch invasion to reach the away end when it would have been easier and safer to sprint towards the dressing rooms.

Then there's how the season itself panned out. Forget for a second that Fulham failed to reach the play-off final. The idea the Whites would make the top six at all appeared preposterous at Christmas and laughable after a frustrating defeat at Birmingham. Slavisa Jokanovic's side made up eleven points on Leeds – and were the best side in the Championship in the calendar year of 2017 – during an extraordinary second half of the season run to gatecrash the play-off positions in the first place.

To be competing at the top end of the table was a refreshing change after two seasons of scrapping for lives at the other end of the Championship. How Jokanovic, a man who is now fully committed to the Fulham project, managed to fashion a competitive side from the off having made fourteen signings in the summer remains something of a mystery. To lose the club's two top scorers in Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack during pre-season, completely reshape the side's style of play, and finish the season as the league's top-joint scorers was a remarkable achievement.

The football was a joy to watch. Yes, Fulham had to win ugly on occasions – as every team does – but there was a confidence about the way Jokanovic's side embraced his adventurous, possession-based philosophy. Astonishingly, given the club's historically woeful on the road, it proved most successful away from home. That fantastic win at St. James' Park will live long in the memory. More than once, I bumped into longstanding Fulham fans who purred that this football was as good as the Jean Tigana days. Given the way the Frenchman had his team playing, that's high praise indeed.

Then there's the characters we have been introduced to this season. Kalas was a revelation at centre back – such a reassuring presence at the heart of a previously creaky defence – and looked every inch a Premier League performer. The emergence of Scott Malone as a marauding full-back to compliment the pacey Ryan Fredericks on the other side established the former Cardiff defender as one of the captures of the campaign, especially as Fulham had swapped him for Jazz Richards. Kevin McDonald added ballast to the midfield with a bravery that was second to none, whilst Stefan Johansen's boundless energy introduced a balance to the centre of park that arguably proved to be the turning point in Fulham's campaign. The willing running of Sone Aluko bamboozled many a defender, while the goals provided by Floyd Ayite and Neeskens Kebano were critical.

Jokanovic's decision to elevate Cairney to the captaincy and restore him to a position from where he could dictate proceedings was a masterstroke. The playmaker might not be the most traditional of captains, but he leads by example – and his knack of grabbing vital goals sustained Fulham's promotion push. Nothing illustrates that better than the two strikes against his former clubs – Blackburn Rovers and Leeds United – in stoppage time. Cairney's influence on the field was clear, but he has also been a wonderful ambassador for the club and their foundation in their charity work too.

Perhaps the most pleasing part of the season was Jokanovic's progressive attitude to giving young players their head. The most obvious example of this came in the shape of Ryan Sessegnon, who made his debut at Leyton Orient in the EFL Cup and never looked back. The teenager belied his tender years with a succession of mature performers and, as his head coach's trust increased, Sessegnon weighed in with a number of memorable goals. While the England youth international is the clearest example of the success of the work of Steve Wigley, Huw Jennings and Malcolm Elias in the academy, the memories of Dennis Adeniran scoring at Brisbane Road and celebrating with his father behind the goal remind us that there are many more.

Fulham might have fallen short at Reading at Tuesday night and, yes, it was a horribly painful blow – but thanks to the guidance of Jokanovic, his coaching staff and a number of key men behind the scenes, the club is moving in the right direction again. The planning for the next campaign has already began and I'm excited for what the next season might bring.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/05/dont-be-devastated-be-proud/

WhiteJC

Academy Holland Tourament

Fulham's Under-18 boys travelled to the south of Holland this weekend to take part in the Esad Osmanovski Memorial Cup. Having finished second in their group with two wins and a draw, they face Werder Bremen on Sunday in the Semi-Final.

They opened the day with a 1-0 win over Belgian side KAA Gent, followed with the same result over Dutch outfit sc Heerenveen. Their final group match the Whites couldn't finish the day with a full house, losing to Ghana's Attram de Visser Soccer Academy.

With the first kick off at midday they boys were out warming up early to face Gent.

With the tournament consisting of 25 minutes halves, both teams were out on the attack quickly. Fulham got ont the front foot and applied pressure on the Belgian side. Dan Martin struck a ball towards goal from tight to the left touchline, and the Gent keeper was needed to push it over the bar.

Joe Felix was the next person to create a good chance, whipping in a free kick towards an unmarked Aron Davies at the back post. The Welshman headed on target, however was a too far from goal to trouble the keeper.

The breakthrough goal came in the 18th minute, the ball fell to Elijah Adebayo inside the box and he slotted it straight past the keeper who guessed the wrong way. It was a deserved lead from the Whites.

The second half kicked off and Adebayo was looking to set a goal up this time. He chested a ball down into the box to Mikolaj Kwietniewski, who shot first time. He could not have gone closer as his effort ricocheted off the right up-right, across the line and the Belgian keeper collected it.

Fulham sat back towards the end with Gent applying more pressure looking to get something from the game, however the clock ran out and the Whites walked off the pitch with the first three points of the day.

Next up Fulham played sc Heerenveen. It started in a similar fashion to the first game. Two minutes into the match a cross flew in from the left and Adebayo slammed it into the back of the net, the linesman however was quick to raise his flag and disallowed the goal calling for offside.

Five minutes later Jayden Harris looked to open his account, only to be denied by a fingertip save. The resulting corner Moritz Jenz rose above the markers and headed just over the bar, the Whites were getting close to breaking the deadlock.

The breakthrough came early in the second half. A curling free kick from Tyreese Francois rattled off the cross bar from 20 yards out, Jose Garrido headed the rebound down towards one of Fulham's travelling trialists, and he squeezed it past the keeper to put Fulham in the lead.

Ten minutes before the end Heerenveen took a corner, a header looked sure to go in but Magnus Norman palmed the ball onto the post and out of danger, preserving the lead for the Whites.

The final game of the day was against Ghana's Attram de Visser Soccer Academy, a point would have been enough to secure top spot.

The Ghanaians looked dangerous from the off, Felix Norman was called into action early as he collected a difficult ball in the box.

Joe Felix then set the Whites off with a mosey run, twisting and turning and almost scoring the goal of the tournament before he blasted his effort over the bar.

Attram de Visser stepped it up a gear and put real pressure on the Fulham goal, and the corners started to mount. Felix Norman was called into action several times to keep the score level.

It took two minutes into the second half before the team from Ghana seized the initiative. A good ball into the box gave the attacker space, and Norman couldn't do much to stop it ending up in the back of his net.

The game finished 1-0, and although the Young Whites ran out of steem in their final game of the day, they qualified for the Semi-Final against Werder Bremen on Sunday morning.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/may/20/academy-holland-tourament

WhiteJC

Fulham star confident of promotion next season but unsure what transfer window will hold

The Whites' promotion dreams were dashed by Reading on Tuesday night after Yann Kermorgant's penalty gave the Royals a 2-1 aggregate win

Scott Malone believes that Fulham can go up next season but doesn't know what will happen in the summer transfer window.

The Whites' promotion dreams were dashed by Reading on Tuesday night after Yann Kermorgant's penalty gave the Royals a 2-1 aggregate win.

Fulham have been the best footballing side in the league over the latter stages of the campaign and, provided they can keep a hold of their leading talent, promotion is well within their reach.

Malone said: "I feel we can go up next season. The football we've played this year has almost warranted a top two finish.

"It's the first year we've been together. We've made mistakes and it's cost us. We should be proud of our efforts."

On his way? Tom Cairney

That said, the vultures are bound to circle over Craven Cottage with the likes of Tom Cairney, Ryan Sessegnon among players tipped to join other clubs.

Malone added: "Everyone has got personal agendas. I don't know what's going to happen in the summer.

"In the ideal scenario everyone comes back. Every club adds in the summer and we'll be the same.

Malone added: "Everyone has got personal agendas. I don't know what's going to happen in the summer.

"In the ideal scenario everyone comes back. Every club adds in the summer and we'll be the same.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-star-confident-promotion-next-13066186

WhiteJC

Not Sessegnon – Liverpool Have Made Ligue 1 Winner As Priority Target To Solve Left-back Woes

Liverpool's hunt for a left-back could shift to a player from possibly the most exciting side in Europe. Monaco were recently crowned as Ligue 1 Champions with Leonardo Jardim leading a young and attacking side to the title ahead of PSG.

There are a number of players who could be moving to bigger clubs in the summer, such as Kylian Mbappe, but Gianluca Di Marzio claims that we are also in the race to sign their 22-year-old defender Benjamin Mendy.

Our struggles in the left-back position are known to all with Alberto Moreno surely set to exit in the summer. That would leave us with just James Milner and Joe Gomez as players who could take up that role in the first team.

The problem being that both players aren't natural left-backs, even though Milner has done incredibly good in that position this season.

The Italian journalist Di Marzio claims that Jurgen Klopp has made Mendy a priority signing as well and wants to solve the issue with the left-backs in defence.

The 22-year-old Mendy has played in 25 Ligue 1 games and has chipped in with five assists. The French youngster can also play as a left midfielder but it is his defensive work that has made Mendy another Monaco player that is highly rated.

It wouldn't be a transfer rumour unless some other clubs were also involved and surprise, surprise, Manchester United and Chelsea want to sign the 22-year-old.

The Kop Times Verdict
Mendy is certainly a good player and will add quality to our team but his price point could be something that might scare us away. Monaco will not let go of their star players on the cheap and a bidding war is the last thing we want to get into.

Plus the fact that we have been linked with a number of other left-backs who have played in England makes Mendy a tough one to expect. The Frenchman is better than Andrew Robertson and Ryan Sessegnon (Liverpool Echo) but given our rather questionable transfer dealings in the past, Mendy would probably end up elsewhere rather than Merseyside.

http://thekoptimes.com/2017/05/21/not-sessegnon-liverpool-have-made-ligue-1-winner-as-priority-target-to-solve-left-back-woes/

WhiteJC

Fulham, Bristol City and Bolton track Osasuna's Bosnian striker Kenan Kodro

Kenan Kodro has emerged as a target for three English clubs this summer
    Fulham, Bristol City and Bolton Wanderers are all following the Osasuna striker
    He can play as a central striker or wide and has scored seven goals this season

Fulham, Bristol City and Bolton Wanderers are following Osasuna striker Kenan Kodro.

The 23-year-old Bosnia international is available for around £1.5million and is keen on a move to England.

Born in San Sebastian, Spain, Kodro has dual nationality but made his full debut for Bosnia in March.

Fulham, Bristol City and Bolton Wanderers are following Osasuna striker Kenan Kodro

He can play as a central striker or on the left wing and has scored seven goals in a difficult season for Osasuna which has seen them relegated from La Liga.

He has one year left on contract.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4526224/Fulham-Bristol-City-Bolton-track-striker-Kenan-Kodro.html#ixzz4hh21uuEG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Top 50 Players of the EFL – 6th: Tom Cairney (Fulham)

Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney has been voted by you as the 6th best player in the EFL.

Over the last month, we have been gathering votes from you to find the best managers and players in the EFL. And after counting the votes, we have discovered you think that Cairney is the 6th best player in the Football League.

Cairney had a good first season with Fulham but was unable to show his ability as the club struggled to adjust after once again changing managers during the season and ended up fighting against relegation. But with head coach Slavisa Jokanovic having the time to adjust tactics and prepare his team properly for this season, Cairney was finally able to show everyone why he has been highly rated for a while.

Amazingly, even though Cairney is just a midfielder, he ended up becoming Fulham's joint top scorer, netting 13 times and sharing the honour with Stefan Johansen. But he isn't just a midfielder who can scores, he was incredibly creative for the team and improved the rest of the eleven with his performances. In the end, his assist count topped his goal tally as he was able to create 10 goals,

Unfortunately for Cairney, his season would end badly after they were beating in the Sky Bet Championship play-offs by Reading. His future is now up in the air as his great performances has led to interest from elsewhere with teams from the Premier League planning to swoop for the former Blackburn Rovers man.

http://the72.co.uk/81520/top-50-players-efl-6th-tom-cairney-fulham/

WhiteJC

Bid tabled: Tottenham move for new Gareth Bale, Levy wants deal signed and sealed by next week – report

Tottenham are making a big new push to seal the signing of Fulham sensation Ryan Sessegnon this summer, according to a report.

The Sun claim the Premier League runners-up want to trump top-flight rivals Liverpool and Manchester City to the signature of one of the outstanding young players in English football.

It is said that Spurs made an offer for Sessegnon when he broke into the Fulham team at the start of this season and are now ready to table a fresh bid of £12million.

The Sun report that White Hart Lane chairman Daniel Levy "wants Sessegnon signed and sealed" in the coming weeks.

The long-standing Spurs contract and transfer negotiator is aware that cash-rich Liverpool are also pushing strongly to wrap up the signing of Sessegnon.

Sessegnon, who turned 17 this week, is regarded as the next Gareth Bale given the impact he has made since entering the professional game as a flying left-back, the position where the Real Madrid star began his career.

The teenager is so highly rated among his peers that he was last week named in the PFA Championship team of the season despite his tender age.

Sessegnon, who can play at both left-back and on the left wing, has made elite clubs sit up and take notice with his precocious Championship displays this season.

He has scored seven goals from 30 first-team matches in the campaign and also weighed in with four assists, remarkable tallies for a player who is not only foremost a defender but also one who is so young.

Football Insider verdict:

There is not so much a queue to sign Sessegnon, as a stampede. Ridiculously talented and precocious, he would be a marvellous signing for any club whose manager is willing to put his faith in youth and hone them on the training pitch. Tottenham and Sessegnon appear an ideal fit. Pochettino is renowned for his development of outstanding young players, Spurs have an upwardly mobile young team and there appears no limit to what Sessegnon can achieve. Fulham have known for some time they have a remarkable young player on their hands and the big boys have been beating a path to the Cottage to try and persuade the youngster to up sticks. A huge sum could still pass hands to push the deal through but, for a team crying out for a long-term left-back option, this could be a fabulous signing for Spurs.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-table-12m-bid-move-pole-position-sign-new-gareth-bale/