watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR john terry today

Started by bobbo, May 21, 2017, 11:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Have patience keynsham.........."If you wait by the banks of the river long enough. you will watch the bodies of your enemies float by".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Snibbo on May 22, 2017, 01:18:49 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 01:05:00 PM
Quote from: Snibbo on May 22, 2017, 12:47:28 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 10:56:31 AM
... those famous words by Sir Winstone Churchill, when having a debate in the Houses of Parliament late one night. It was alleged that when he was accused of being intoxicated, by a female member of the opposition.
It was alledged that she was reported as saying " you sir are drunk ". He replied, " and you madam are ugly, but in the morning I will be sober ".

I always thought that was brendan behan

Perhaps it was, the memory fades.

No,  Google says it was Churchill

Thank you snibbo, there is a crate of Stout in the post.

Never forget your Roots.

Snibbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 01:20:27 PM

Thank you snibbo, there is a crate of Stout in the post.
Brendan would approve

Keynsham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 01:18:56 PM
Have patience keynsham.........."If you wait by the banks of the river long enough. you will watch the bodies of your enemies float by".

Oh I do hope so in this case!

I always thought that was attributed to Churchill too.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Keynsham on May 22, 2017, 02:37:57 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 01:18:56 PM

Oh I do hope so in this case!

I always thought that was attributed to Churchill too.

👍🍺

Never forget your Roots.

nose

I didn't like it and it made no difference to me who he was, the fact he is disreputable certainly  had no influence in that respect.

It strikes me presentations are for before, after or at half time. this is going to start an unmpleasant plethora of other nonsense. for instance  one of the players will have a child born at 11 am the day before a game so we will stop the game on the 11th minute to award him a bag on nappies.

I do not really like the endless applauding for people that have passed away during the match. It is good people want to pay their respects but most of us have no connection with the person so why interrupt the game. there is more than adequate opportunity, before, during or after if you want a memorandum moment or two.

this all strikes me as something that has crept in and is creeping in to our game and I don't like it, it was better before! I want a BREXIT for football, I want to take back control and stop the twee nonsense, the overloud tannoys, the daft matchday presenters, i want diving stopped and the players to show a level of sportsmanship. I want video evidence to stamp hard on the villians so we return the game to being decent again.  I want managers to be banned when they lie through their teeth in press conferences, justifying the unjustifyable (STAM re his center half would be a good start), I want wenger and the special one in particular to be metaphorically strung up for having so little integrity (I didn't see it).  I want referees to be at least be honest, I doubt mr halsey, mr oliver, mr probate, mr d'urso etc.   I want the big teams for making it up as they go along and so creating new rules that just benifit them, one substitute is all that is needed!

And no, I do not like the behaviour of John Terry, I do not want him held up, or anyone like him, as role model.  Cantona was a villian but also clever and funny... terry is just a villain, albeit a very good center half,  but I would hate him to join us for just that reason.

Good day, and remeber I was the first to say a BREXIT for football.

grandad

I will never forget when he dived & handballed in the pen area. The ref said that as he was from the Blue Poo & was against us he would deny what everyone saw was a clear pen.

Dislike all he is.
Where there's a will there's a wife

aaronmcguigan

When he woke up this morning He will be an EX Chelsea player....

Surely he's still contracted til June 30th and will be preparing for the cup final? Can't they just have given him a testimonial and they can do all sorts of stupid stuff at that game? I heard there's been bets on that 26th minute thing happening..

SG

Typical everyone pandering to his ego. Sunderland kicking the ball out, the referee joining in the applause. They should be ashamed of themselves. Sadly I would expect nothing less of him and the dog track club

bobbo

Well said nose, I want all that too but alas I reckon we are peeing into the wind , so to speak
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Mince n Tatties

Investigation... Thousands won on him being subbed on 26th minute.

bobbo

Yeah I just seen that it now stinks
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

The stench just goes on and on, shame on them.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

The incident blatantly breaks the FA rules but what effect has that ever had on clubs with disreputable owners or players?  It is time football was given a clean up.

alfie

As much as everyone is throwing mud at it you can bet your bottom dollar if that had been a 22 year player at Fulham making his last league appearance we would all have joined in the occasion.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

The usual way it was done was via a testimonial match and not via a competitive game.  It is yet more evidence of how far the game has slipped from its own stated codes.

ron

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 01:05:00 PM
Quote from: Snibbo on May 22, 2017, 12:47:28 PM
... those famous words by Sir Winstone Churchill, when having a debate in the Houses of Parliament late one night. It was alleged that when he was accused of being intoxicated, by a female member of the opposition.
It was alledged that she was reported as saying " you sir are drunk ". He replied, " and you madam are ugly, but in the morning I will be sober ".

I always thought that was brendan behan

Perhaps it was, the memory fades.

I believe it was indeed Winston, answering the Labour MP Bessie Braddock.

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on May 23, 2017, 08:29:34 AM
As much as everyone is throwing mud at it you can bet your bottom dollar if that had been a 22 year player at Fulham making his last league appearance we would all have joined in the occasion.

I also think there would be plenty calling it embarrassing and out of place. Plenty of ways to applaud and thank great club players without turning into a pantomime.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Neil D

The i has a good piece pointing out the chasm which exists between the likes of Terry and Kante (football writers' Player of the Year).  As the writer, Ian Herbert, indicates- Terry's long goodbye was 'another example of excruciating lack of judgement'.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it was a pantomime, orchestrated by an egotistic cretin with no shame, and morally bankrupt. The whole circus was embarrassing for all that were involved, especially the individuals who were instrumental in being complicit in this farce.

Never forget your Roots.