watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why Has Transfer Thread Been Locked?

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 22, 2017, 04:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Jolslover,Alex,Statto and myself were discussing whether a certain player was good enough for Fulham.
That is transfer news people debate whether he or whatever other player is mentioned with us.
Don't think there any need to lock it,nobody was offensive to one another,just had different views that's all,I respect all peoples views regardless whether the same as mine.
Open up please or I start another one?

f321ffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 22, 2017, 04:57:34 AM
Jolslover,Alex,Statto and myself were discussing whether a certain player was good enough for Fulham.
That is transfer news people debate whether he or whatever other player is mentioned with us.
Don't think there any need to lock it,nobody was offensive to one another,just had different views that's all,I respect all peoples views regardless whether the same as mine.
Open up please or I start another one?
:plus one: No point locking  the silly season tranfer thread, if it goes a bit off subject why not just remove the posts that have wandered of subject. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

I never bother to read it anyway. It is just lazy jouno gossip & has little or no substance. It is a bit like twitter. Anyone can post a story & some will believe it is true.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

hi guys, ive not been on much this weekened, but I believe it has been locked due to going off topic, however those posts will be rmeoved and the thread reopened
Every day is a Fulham day

toshes mate

Ah, moderators.  Are they the people who never see the first handball but always see the penalty offence?  Bless 'em.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: westcliff white on May 22, 2017, 07:53:20 AM
hi guys, ive not been on much this weekened, but I believe it has been locked due to going off topic, however those posts will be rmeoved and the thread reopened

OK it might have drifted a bitWW,but we were still discussing a potential signing..
It is the SILLY season transfer thread,I don't know why someone has to moan that they have yo skip pages(,that must have been tiring for them).
They should be like Grandad if no interest to them don't read..Coyw.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 22, 2017, 08:35:45 AM

OK it might have drifted a bitWW,but we were still discussing a potential signing..
It is the SILLY season transfer thread,I don't know why someone has to moan that they have yo skip pages(,that must have been tiring for them).

Mince, I think it was something to do with you mentioning Sir Francis Drake finishing his game of Bowls, at Plymouth Hoe, and sailing off to beat the Spanish Armada on 29th July 1588. Michael Fish of the Metrological Office was also to blame as he failed to mention the storms around the English Channel and Coast Line at the time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 08:44:50 AM

Mince, I think it was something to do with you mentioning Sir Francis Drake finishing his game of Bowls, at Plymouth Hoe, and sailing off to beat the Spanish Armada on 29th July 1588. Michael Fish of the Metrological Office was also to blame as he failed to mention the storms around the English Channel and Coast Line at the time.

Never trusted that Fish guy ever since all the trees in
our street got blown down in 1987....

cmg

I was amazed to see it had been locked. The discussion had become a bit unwieldy because all the replies were repeated without editing but the thing was politely conducted, fairly wide ranging and generally well informed (apart from the bits I disagreed with!). It certainly had more relevance than many of the replies to threads commonly seen these days. It might have benefited from being a separate thread, but that was not known when it started.

Of its nature this topic becomes rather long and rambling because of its nature on its biannual outing - often going to over 100 pages.

Lighthouse

Yes but the transfer thread always goes on and on with speculation. Having a multi page discussion in the middle of it may be of interest to some but for most we just want to see the transfer speculation. Not a discussion on which is the best league. Have a separate thread for discussions outside of that remit.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

colinwhite

Bit harsh to shut it down but ut did go on a bit Mincey !

cmg

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2017, 09:39:35 AM
Yes but the transfer thread always goes on and on with speculation. Having a multi page discussion in the middle of it may be of interest to some but for most we just want to see the transfer speculation. Not a discussion on which is the best league. Have a separate thread for discussions outside of that remit.

Sure...But the discussion emerged from a piece of transfer speculation. In retrospect the matter was perhaps best dealt with as a separate topic - but that was not known at the time.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 22, 2017, 09:09:15 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 08:44:50 AM

Never trusted that Fish guy ever since all the trees in
our street got blown down in 1987....

Yes 1987, a Conifer came down in my back garden, while I was putting the finishing touches to my new Bomb Shelter. 
Incredible that was 30 years ago. and I am still limping.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

" the last word ".  hmmm I wouldn't look too much into that.
As Guido Fawkes of the Gun Powder Plot also had the last word in 1605, just before he was hung drawn and quartered for treason against Parliament.   075.gif

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

To be honest we did kinda get off topic, but still I don't see where else to debate over rumours other than a new thread, which isn't really ideal.

Woolly Mammoth

The definition of the word rumour as defined in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary.... is....to  circulate gossip or hearsay verbally or otherwise. A combination of truth and untruth.

Never forget your Roots.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2017, 09:39:35 AM
I think the moderators got this one right. It was way off topic and had nothing to do with transfer news for about 3 pages. Let's not complain about the mod's actually doing their "job"

cmg

It just seems strange to me that a thread, somewhat rambling of its nature, is stopped completely because of a meandering discussion that at least had some football relevance.
Meanwhile the infestation of irrelevant, condescending posts that have so diminished this forum is allowed to continue unchecked.

@jolslover

STH H3

Nero

I thought they locked it as we never sign anyone until the last day of the window