watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

De La Torre saves the US

Started by f5shooter, May 22, 2017, 11:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f5shooter

Anyone else watch the U-20 World Cup match?  Luca scored in the 94th minute to rescue a point for the US after a horrible mistake by Jurgen Klinsmann's son who plays goal for the US.

De La Torre looked very skillful and assisted on another US goal with a great run and pass.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 11:50:08 AM
Did Klinsmans son dive ?

He's a goalkeeper. So, if has a lengthy career, he'll get to dive almost as much as his father did.  :drums:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 22, 2017, 04:59:24 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 22, 2017, 11:50:08 AM
Did Klinsmans son dive ?

He's a goalkeeper. So, if has a lengthy career, he'll get to dive almost as much as his father did.  :drums:

That's a lot of diving he is going to have to do to catch his father.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

as I said on the other thread about this, de la Torre was impressive throughout
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

toshes mate

There was something quite Fulhamish about Ecuador's third goal but de la Torre looked really useful throughout.

cmg

Senegal 0  USA  1   another assist for Luca De La Torre.

cmg

USA 1  Saudi Arabia 1

De La Torre's neat pull-down, turn and shot is parried by the keeper, Lennon puts at away for USA's goal.

filham

So when can we expect a Championship debut from de la Torre, any predictions.

Fulhamerica23

What do we think of a loan move for Carter-Vickers, the center back? Highly rated by Poch at Spurs, but not many minutes available. After seeing him play a few times at the youth level, he's looked a man amongst boys. I think the Championship is the right level for him. Wouldn't be shocked to see him make his full USA debut by the end of the year. Future national team captain. Short loan like Piazon, with the option to make it a 12 month deal would suit me.

HatterDon

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on May 28, 2017, 07:04:29 PM
What do we think of a loan move for Carter-Vickers, the center back? Highly rated by Poch at Spurs, but not many minutes available. After seeing him play a few times at the youth level, he's looked a man amongst boys. I think the Championship is the right level for him. Wouldn't be shocked to see him make his full USA debut by the end of the year. Future national team captain. Short loan like Piazon, with the option to make it a 12 month deal would suit me.

We won't get a shot at him. CC-V will be in the Spurs
game day squad every match next season barring injury. This is the second U-20 WC in two years that he was the classiest American player.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: HatterDon on May 28, 2017, 11:39:44 PM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on May 28, 2017, 07:04:29 PM

We won't get a shot at him. CC-V will be in the Spurs
game day squad every match next season barring injury. This is the second U-20 WC in two years that he was the classiest American player.

Depends on if they get Harry Maguire I'd reckon. Still, with European football and games piling up, you're probably right. Will get a fair bit of time next season. But think he'd be a fan favorite here and more than capable of leading the backline in a Championsip winning squad.

Bill2

Have to say the Ecuadorean forwards look good for the first goal, pacy.

f5shooter

I hate ot sound like I'm looking past New Zealand... but I'm worry about playing Venezuela.  Man, those guys have technical skills our boys (US) can only dream of.  A really talented team they have and while Japan played well and probably deserved a goal, I think Venezuela could take the whole thing.

I hope we get some real De La Torre magic in the next two games.  One to get past NZ and the other to hang with Venezuela.

HatterDon

Quote from: f5shooter on May 30, 2017, 08:47:05 PM
I hate ot sound like I'm looking past New Zealand... but I'm worry about playing Venezuela.  Man, those guys have technical skills our boys (US) can only dream of.  A really talented team they have and while Japan played well and probably deserved a goal, I think Venezuela could take the whole thing.

I hope we get some real De La Torre magic in the next two games.  One to get past NZ and the other to hang with Venezuela.

you're looking past two matches

f5shooter

Quote from: HatterDon on May 30, 2017, 11:11:45 PM

Nope, if we beat New Zealand, we play Venezuela.  At least as I look at the bracket.

HatterDon

Quote from: f5shooter on May 31, 2017, 01:23:58 AM

Nope, if we beat New Zealand, we play Venezuela.  At least as I look at the bracket.

Venezuela has to win in order to get the match you predict -- that's two matches.

f5shooter

Quote from: HatterDon on May 31, 2017, 01:52:02 AM

Venezuela has to win in order to get the match you predict -- that's two matches.

Venezuela already won... they are waiting for the winner of US and NZ.

HatterDon

Quote from: f5shooter on May 31, 2017, 09:02:54 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on May 31, 2017, 01:52:02 AM

Venezuela already won... they are waiting for the winner of US and NZ.

mah bad