more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR - FFP Info

Started by RickyFulham, May 22, 2017, 01:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyFulham

First time poster but long time lurker.

I have heard from my brother who works at a sports management company that the impending news on HAHA's FFP flouting is great news for us and the rest of the EFL but terrible news for them.

The widely held belief is that due to the EFL's concerns of legal action from Chairman of clubs who have already been punished with sanctions that the large fine will be upheld to its full amount (circa £50 mill). Their case wasn't helped by a Directors loan that was put into "hidden" a different part of their accounts. If the fine isn't paid in full then they will be refused entry into next seasons (17/18) Championship and be forced into the conference.  :clap_hands:

P.S He also has had dealings with Tom Cairney's management team and they have confirmed he is going NOWHERE. Good news all round. COYW

mullers

That QPR should be punished is right, but I'm not sure they deserves relegation to the Conference. It may be impossible to demote them at this late stage so it may we'll be a points deduction.
Hope you're right about Cairney though!

Chesh

Quote from: mullers on May 22, 2017, 01:51:39 PM
That QPR should be punished is right, but I'm not sure they deserves relegation to the Conference. It may be impossible to demote them at this late stage so it may we'll be a points deduction.
If they refuse to pay whatever fine is dished out, then why should they stay in the football league?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

RickyFulham

General consensus within his industry is that they will pay the fine sadly!

Cairney loves Slav and wants to push us on next season

bog

Great news about TC!   :clap_hands:

092.gif

aaronmcguigan

Hi, sorry to hijack this, but is there ANY news on an embargo for Wolves? The money they spent last season was absurd, at least the other teams sold to buy

SG

Rubbish - they deserve demotion to the Isthmian League or whatever it's now called

filham

Sorry Ricky Fulham but I wont believe your Cairney news until the end of August.

I would love to but those Premiership big boys with big money can change any players mind.

toshes mate

Agree with filham about Cairney.

The EFL v QPR sorry saga has gone on far too long already with one side determined to wreck FFP and the other determined to protect it.  Heaven knows how much money has already been spent on legal opinion.  Arbitration is always the likely way out since the decision is not necessarily precedent setting and so may not influence future differences of opinion over FFP.  Although the arbitration hearing may be relatively short I have no idea when a judgment and decision will be made.  It is just a plain messy way of trying to keep order and just clarifies what a mess professional football is in.

mullers

If the EFL take strong action against QPR it sets a precedent. They're no different to any other club: if an owner wants to throw money around they will and won't give a toss when silverware is missed or they lose interest. The real issue that clubs face is the financial gap between the top two divisions because there is such a discrepancy and the amounts involved are enough to ruin most clubs.
To think Spurs nearly went out of business over £6m in the nineties, even allowing for inflation it highlights the problem we have now.

Logicalman

Sorry to disagree, but if a club cheats and when found out refuses to pay the fine (which, I believe, is in line with the guidelines) then why should they be permitted to remain in the FL? It's not a right, it's a privilege to play in the FL based on adhering to the conditions.  QPR made some dosh out of it, and personally I believe they should pay, in fines, all the extra dosh they earned due to flouting the rules of the time. 50M seems quite a small sum by comparison I would imagine.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It would be a shame if they get demoted, the 2 games add a bit of spice to our season.
Hopefully only for one more season and then they can go down to the Wormwood Scrubs
and District Midweek League
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Sgt Fulham

Hopefully they don't get kicked out of the league because that is (usually) an easy 6 points gone.

millsy

Think we only got 1 point this season

HillingdonFFC

They're that worried I cant find one single post on all their messageboards about it. Tells me nowts happening

SP

Quote from: filham on May 22, 2017, 07:48:28 PM
Sorry Ricky Fulham but I wont believe your Cairney news until the end of August.

I would love to but those Premiership big boys with big money can change any players mind.

IMO, it's more likely he'll sign for newly promoted Huddersfield or Reading than stay with us.

If the former win, rumours Alex Smithies will return from his Shepherds Bush exile.

Skatzoffc

Let's face it.
If QPR get away with FFP is a dead duck.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

westcliff white

Announcement was due this week I believe, as yet nothing, are the league up the creek or will there be an announcement today. Ooh it's so exciting when there are no games lol
Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

BBC are saying a resolution is due "sometime next month" (June)...