https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Martin

Started by ealex40, May 23, 2017, 11:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e4b

HatterDon

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 25, 2017, 12:32:09 PM
The OP says that CM is shown as a Fulham player on the list of those in the Scotland squad.  Interestingly, there is no mention of him on the Derby FC site, not even as a player out on loan.

Players out on loan who are selected for internationals ALWAYS are listed as members of the club they're loaned to.

guess the end of his loan hasn't arrived yet.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bill taylors apprentice

What exactly do we know about all this?

We know his loan period included the Play off period so he's still "our" player until then.

We have been told we signed him on loan just before the window closed and it was agreed we had the option to sign him permanently at the end of the loan.

An increased salary and contract details had been agreed between ALL parties and WE alone had the final decision on taking up the option at the end of the season.

We know he then signed a new contract with Derby during his time with us that extended his employment with them and would increase his salary on his return.

We know what Maclaren said and we know Martin refused to play!

Frankly even taking in to account what we don't know (i.e. possible family issues) the player let us down and is unreliable therefore wash our hands of him and look elsewhere!

Sorted!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 26, 2017, 12:38:17 PM

We know his loan period included the Play off period so he's still "our" player until then.

We have been told we signed him on loan just before the window closed and it was agreed we had the option to sign him permanently at the end of the loan.

An increased salary and contract details had been agreed between ALL parties and WE alone had the final decision on taking up the option at the end of the season.

We know he then signed a new contract with Derby during his time with us that extended his employment with them and would increase his salary on his return.

Frankly even taking in to account what we don't know (i.e. possible family issues) the player let us down and is unreliable therefore wash our hands of him and look elsewhere!

Sorted!

It is simpler than this. Martin hasn't been good enough.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 26, 2017, 01:19:30 PM

Sorted!

Very true.
Ten goals (including 2 pens) is a poor return.

ealex40

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 26, 2017, 01:36:04 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 26, 2017, 01:19:30 PM

Sorted!

Very true.
Ten goals (including 2 pens) is a poor return.

Actually, based on the season's success ratio, scoring 2 pens for our lot has to be classed as brilliant!

toshes mate

CM was the best the Club could do in last summer's window, better than average as a Championship striker at times earlier in his employment but ultimately found out on several counts including lacking commitment.  The Club didn't want to, or couldn't, correct its earlier window failure, and CM's second half of the season's contribution was still a part of a side running on automatic promotion form i.e. much, much better than its first half of season form.  What I am saying is that it is hard to fathom what the guy really contributed over the season.  Statistically it is his goals and assists but is there more to all this than what we see and hear and SJ's logic about not giving competitors a helping hand? 

We should know by the end of next week whether he is here next season or not.  Sure the Club should be able to do lot better but will it even try?

Woolly Mammoth

Not only is Martin not good enough, as well as not committed enough. But he is nowhere near fit enough, and never will be, it's just not in his DNA.
He makes McCormack look athletic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

All above are very valid points, but just think without his goals earlier in his spell, we would not have had a shot at the play off's
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

We were never a bad side last season, even at the time Matt Smith was our striker of choice.  Inconsistency within a competent team still learning to live with each other means you will get results and goals, no matter who plays.  It's also more likely there'll be the big wins when it all comes together and players can't miss the opportunities presented.  It's also more likely there'll be the embarrassing defeats or draws when it seemed easier to win.  That is why it is called 'inconsistency'.  We were unbeaten in August home and away and so what difference did CM make come September? I am just puzzled about what CM bought to the table and still wonder what we could have been without him.  Yes we needed to replace McCormack and Dembele but with Martin?  I have come to realise there are so many things people know about football on here that I don't, and so I defer.   

aaronmcguigan

Not sure if anyone's aware but there's a big social media push at the moment for Derby county fans voting for Chris Martin as our player of the season!!!

Holders

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 27, 2017, 02:32:59 PM
Not sure if anyone's aware but there's a big social media push at the moment for Derby county fans voting for Chris Martin as our player of the season!!!

Well, at least they've got a sense of humour - maybe they fixed the US election as well!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cmg

Quote from: Holders on May 27, 2017, 02:40:20 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on May 27, 2017, 02:32:59 PM

Well, at least they've got a sense of humour - maybe they fixed the US election as well!

I thought it was already arranged to go to John Terry.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: alfie on May 27, 2017, 09:53:29 AM
All above are very valid points, but just think without his goals earlier in his spell, we would not have had a shot at the play off's

His goals were not quite as significant  as the headline number appears.

Firstly he didn't score in our poor September when we needed goals.

Then five his goals came in high scoring matches: two each in our 5-0 wins and one in our 4-1 cup win.

So not so many of the match winning goals that you would hope for from your primary goalscorer.

Andy S

Derby can remind themselves how good he is next season