more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

People's ability to laugh

Started by Wearethewhites, May 27, 2017, 10:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

When you mention you support Fulham.

The average football fan, with half a brain cell, realises that Fulham aren't the lowly team they once were, and will engage in a decent bit of chat, complimenting Fulham on their achievements over the last 20 years.

The idiot, who doesn't know much beyond Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, will just blurt out with a pathetic laugh, every time the word Fulham is mentioned.

Anyone else have this ironic behaviour from people?

grandad

I just mention that we are a real club in a real ground & are the oldest professional club in London.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Weirdly I always tend to get positive comments and always have done. Even in the days of suffering other fans would always comment on the nice ground even if the team were rubbish.

Told the story before but a builder in Three Bridges once called out to me when I was going to a night shift in the early Eighties and asked if I was THE Fulham supporter. But we chatted about the ground etc. Have no idea how a complete stranger had heard about me supporting Fulham. But clearly unusual enough then.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

If they laugh I don't mind sharing a bit of banter, but deep down I know they will never get the true experience of being a fan supporting a plastic club.

dannyboi-ffc

Not now. Back in the Micky Adams days I remember getting laughed at where ever I went in my Fulham shirt. Bit pathetic thinking about It, I wouldn't dream of laughing at a Barnet fan. Come to think of it I'm most likely to laugh at a Londoner who supports Man Utd or Liverpool just because it sums those types of clubs up.

What I now get instead of laughs is amazement because they've never met a Fulham fan before.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

The remark I get time and again when announcing that I am a Fulham fan is " Well that's amazing I met the other one only last week"
There must be a killing response to this remark but I have yet to think of it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on May 27, 2017, 11:29:03 AM
The remark I get time and again when announcing that I am a Fulham fan is " Well that's amazing I met the other one only last week"
There must be a killing response to this remark but I have yet to think of it.

I had that same remark put to me more than a few times when I divulged my loyalties to FulhamFC.
I just replied.
" I find it difficult to believe that you met the other one last week, as I am to understand that the other one was certified insane years ago, and has been locked away in a Secure Institution ever since. "
If you say it with a straight and serious poker face, they have no answer, I can guarantee that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

Well it seems to me we are everyone's second or third favourite team...

The comment I get the most is about the ground (setting and authenticity) and how it is a fantastic away-day for those supporting the opposition on the day.

FFCFOREVER

Yes this has happened to me with a work colleague.He thinks that Fulham are rubbish and have no relevence.I asked him what he based this warped theory on and he just said because we are a small team.What is worse still is that this same guy supposedly supported Chelsea when they won the league during Mourinho's 2nd spell in charge but switced to Man U when Jose went there instead.I mean how plastic can you be.I remember as a kid going to watch FFC when the likes of Branfoot , Mackay , Alan Dicks were managers so god knows what my buffoon of a work colleague would have thought of FFC back then.But thats the beauty of football and FFC in particular your team is your team and thats it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 27, 2017, 11:41:17 AM
Yes this has happened to me with a work colleague.He thinks that Fulham are rubbish and have no relevence.I asked him what he based this warped theory on and he just said because we are a small team.What is worse still is that this same guy supposedly supported Chelsea when they won the league during Mourinho's 2nd spell in charge but switced to Man U when Jose went there instead.I mean how plastic can you be.I remember as a kid going to watch FFC when the likes of Branfoot , Mackay , Alan Dicks were managers so god knows what my buffoon of a work colleague would have thought of FFC back then.But thats the beauty of football and FFC in particular your team is your team and thats it.

Your buffoon work colleague doesn't know or will ever experience what he is missing. and never will.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southdowns White

I spoke to a Chelsea supporter  recently who didn't know that we were their nearest rivals and also thought i was winding him up when i told him their ground was in Fulham!

terryr

I don't care what they think to be honest

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 27, 2017, 01:46:04 PM
I spoke to a Chelsea supporter  recently who didn't know that we were their nearest rivals and also thought i was winding him up when i told him their ground was in Fulham!
That to me tells you all you need to know about Chelsea fans.Clueless lot that only shout when they are winning.

AlexW132

bog

He is not a fan of football, I have a word for him....twit.

092.gif

bog

Around the local parks playing fields of Thanet I was known as the area's number 1Fulham fan. It was all light hearted banter, when we got promoted in 2001 and got to the final in Hamburg I certainly got my own back! So many have got in touch with me to say how they wanted Fulham to get back this season. I have never really had any nasty jibes.

092.gif

FFCFOREVER

And what was it David Cameron once said ? Too many twits make a tw@t

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: bog on May 28, 2017, 04:05:33 PM

He is not a fan of football, I have a word for him....twit.

092.gif

Agreed

MaidenheadMick

Whenever I go into a sports shop and see all the usual Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd & City shirts, I always say to the missus " see they've sold out of Fulham shirts again"

Bill2

I always make sure that every one knows I am a Fulham fan and am surprised the positive comments I get, I always say I am a season ticket holder. This normally gives me some bragging rights as most fans I meet are not.

Anyway, while they are not Fulham fans they all seem to know our results and especially this season have been very complimentary over our performances. I reckon they all went to be Fulham fans but have just realised too late.