watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea v Arsenal

Started by Andy S, May 28, 2017, 12:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I watched the cup final earlier and was surprised that the first goal was given (unlike the panel) The Arsenal player who was off side looked to move towards the ball. Although he didn't touch it he must have been interfering with play. Having said that I was pleased that Arsenal won

bill taylors apprentice

The current offside law and its interpretation is a mess!

It does create goals, talking points, even controversy but there's enough grey area's in the game for the ref's interpretation without adding to it.

The worlds premier sport doesn't need to create artificial drama, its beauty is that its a simple game and it needs simple rules.

Maybe its time to scrap offside now that players are so athletic and can get around the pitch so easily.

Having said all that, I was highly amused when it happened!   

Andy S

I think every Fulham fan watching was

TheDutchCottager

Quote from: Andy S on May 28, 2017, 01:01:34 PM
I think every Fulham fan watching was

Absolutely.

If Roman the crook never saved their asses we would still have local derbies.

Despicable club. Happy for Arsenal.

FFCFOREVER

Yeah justice for football won yesterday and the scum got what they deserved.Sweet FA. Although Chelsea fans seem to disagree somewhat and are blaming the ref and not the fact they were outplayed by a far better team on the day.Funny that.Well done Arsenal

filham

Pleased to see Arsenal win and they had sufficient chances to have had the game sewn up after 20 minutes.
However the first goal was iffy and demonstrates what a mess refs are facing with this " not interfering with play " interpretation and offside decisions.
Over half a century ago when arguments raged on this subject the great and wise Danny Blanchflower said that if a player is not interfering with play his manager should not have him on the pitch.

FFCFOREVER

Twig

Enjoyed the match and the right team won.

grandad

" not interfering with play "

The late Bill Shankley said that if one of his players was not he would not play him again.
Where there's a will there's a wife