watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cauley makes the cut.

Started by cmg, June 05, 2017, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Agree with Woolly and nose.  Even Martin now says he was inconsistent and 'in and out' of the team (the usual humbug excuses for, at times, being pitiful).  Cauley is a youngster with lots to learn from match play at the appropriate level and being a team member who knows how to link with those around him.  He is not going to improve without having the chance to improve and he surely deserves that, at the very least.  Eleven committed Fulham players is always going to be better than ten point five.   

filham

Quote from: snarks on June 07, 2017, 06:22:38 PM
Thing is Cauley is not as good in the air or at holding off defenders as Martin was. However a good series of performances for the England team (if he plays) may make Slav take another look.
Martin good in the air, when was that ?

cmg

England u21 off to Poland today:

First match on Friday, 5pm v Sweden. Should be on Sky.
Possible meeting with old mate Maumer Tankovic who, perhaps surprisingly as he hasn't had a great season (I suppose you could say the same for Cauley), has made the Sweden squad.

cmg

85th min 0-0
Tankovic comes on for Sweden.

No sign of Woodrow.

Plenty of England pressure but Abrahams and Co. getting no change from massed Sweden defence. In fact best chances have been to Sweden. Hit bar, penalty saved by new Everton multi-million pound keeper (rather like Woodman's over the weekend although a softer shot.)

aaronmcguigan

Honestly think there's more chance of Stevie Humphrys getting a chance over Cauley

hovewhite

Dont understand the view of cauley from the coaching staff in the club and believe hes had a raw deal.

toshes mate

What bothers me a little about the assessments of Cauley Woodrow appearing here is that we all know the mental elements of the game - confidence, belief and application - which elude most all of us in whatever we do in life at least some of the time.  In fact most of us use the other people in our lives to compensate for our own lacks, and live for those moments when it clicks and we feel good.  CW is at an age when he should be making progress into a first team somewhere and I guess it is up to him to start performing to the best of his ability if he wants to achieve to his true potential.  I think he should be given a chance via a run of games, either as substitute or starter, to see if he can make the mental switch.  To be perfectly honest he needs to be given the same latitude as was given to a certain Derby player, notwithstanding the difference in 'their histories'.   

VicHalomsLovechild

He was loaned to another Championship club and scored goals against the same teams we played. With, arguably less talented  players around him. So he's good enough. Maybe he isn't the right kind of forward Slab wants.

HatterDon

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on June 17, 2017, 03:44:19 PM
He was loaned to another Championship club and scored goals against the same teams we played. With, arguably less talented  players around him. So he's good enough. Maybe he isn't the right kind of forward Slab wants.

I believe this is the most logical assessment yet.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

toshes mate

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on June 17, 2017, 03:44:19 PM

And Martin was?  What is he doing back at Derby then?  Or, put another way, I hope someone has the contract in their hands and the cheque book ready for signing of the season.

cmg

LVC captains Denmark u21 tonight. 7.45 Sky.

Up against an Italian side that looks obscenely good on paper with an array of top Serie A young talent on view. The match, fortunately, will be played on grass.

cmg

Woodrow and Rodak on respective benches again.

cmg

Cauley actually makes an appearance on 88.40.

Odd game. Out thought and out muscled by Slovakia in the first half.
Made an odd h/t sub with Murphy who was inaffective last time being put in.
But something changed. Ward-Prowse started pulling a few strings, we got a scrappy effort and a brilliant job by Redmond. We then started to pull people back but didn't look too pushed to keep the lead.

Poland on Thursday. Good practice today as it was like playing in front of a home crowd.

vagrant

Maybe it's me, but I don't get the adoration for Tammy Abraham.  Runs a lot, falls over a lot. Stuart Pearce said after the game if you pass the ball to him it sticks......nah....
As I said, maybe it's me...

cmg

I agree.
He has had a highly productive season and has looked good on the few occasions I saw him play for Bristol.
But he has looked poor in the two games so far in Poland - disengaged and a bit clumsy. He has received some 'attention' from defenders but that is to be expected.

toshes mate

Two goals worth watching in the highlights of the Portugal v Spain u21 game last night, both with a 'Fulham' flavour.  Portugal's goal had a Pajtim Kasami (v Crystal Palace flavour), and Spain's second goal had a touch of everything Fulham were last season.   The whole game was wonderful entertainment.  Wish we could nail some of that talent.