more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (07/06/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 07, 2017, 07:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham Preview

Our 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship preview continues with our West London neighbours

Fulham's 2016/17 season

League Position: 6th – lost to Reading in Play-Off Semi-Finals (2015/16: 20th)

Average league attendance: 18,498 (2015/16: 17,566)

Top league goalscorer: Tom Cairney (12)

A month ago it looked as it Fulham might regain their Premier League status after three years outside the top flight but a surprising Play-Off loss to Reading ensured they would have a fourth successive season in the second tier. The West London side won five of their last six games (only failing to win against Brentford at Craven Cottage in late April) and were on a run of two defeats in 17 as they entered the Play-Offs. They had recorded four wins out of six games against the Play-Off rivals, beating both Reading and Huddersfield Town 5-0 at home, but could not make it over the line and back to the top flight.

The Whites started the season well, winning three of their first five, but dropped to mid-table before starting a fantastic run of form in December. They lost only five more games as they clinched a top six spot and were considered favourites before the Play-Offs started. They drew 1-1 with Reading at Craven Cottage and were beaten at the Madjeski Stadium as Yann Kermorgant scored the only goal for the Berkshire side from the penalty spot, leaving Fulham with nothing to show for their efforts.

It was a season of highlights for Fulham, they beat eventual champions Newcastle United home and away and did likewise against Huddersfield, who won the Play-Offs. No team scored more than the 85 goals The Whites notched despite the sale of Ross McCormack, top scorer for the previous two seasons, before the start of the campaign. Fulham also reached the FA Cup Fifth Round and EFL Cup Third Round.

The Ground

Craven Cottage

Stevenage Road

London

SW6 6HH

The Manager

It could be argued that the main reason for Fulham's success last season was their boss – Slaviša Jokanović. The 48-year-old, who had a stellar playing career – including winning 64 international caps for Yugoslavia and FR Yugoslavia and playing at the 1998 World Cup, is earning himself a reputation as a successful manager. He led Watford to promotion from the Sky Bet Championship in 2015 and nearly repeated the feat at Fulham.

Jokanović won the Spanish and Yugoslav titles during his playing career and also had two seasons in the Premier League with Chelsea when he was in his 30s. He moved in to coaching and was soon appointed Head Coach at Fudbalski klub Partizan, in Belgrade, where he also spent three years as a player. He won two doubles before leaving in 2009 and has had a nomadic career since which has included working in Bulgaria, Spain and Thailand as well as England.

Last Season

Head to Head

Brentford wins: 18

Draws: 15

Fulham wins: 20

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2017/june/fulham-preview/

WhiteJC

AC Milan looking to move to head of queue for Moussa Dembele as they target second meeting over Celtic starlet

The young Frenchman enjoyed a magnificent debut season at Parkhead after arriving from Fulham

Celtic do not want to lose their star hitman (Photo: Ian MacNicol)

Italian giants AC Milan have requested a second meeting with the advisors of Celtic star Moussa Dembele, as they continue their hunt for the 20-year-old.

Dembele enjoyed a breakthrough debut season at Celtic Park after moving north of the border from Fulham and has a host of Europe's big guns on notice - including the Rossoneri, exclusively reports the Daily Record.

Milan chiefs made first contact with the player's representatives last month, and are now looking for a second sit down for the £30million-rated Hoops star.

Celtic are adamant that the French kid will not be sold this summer with manager Brendan Rodgers intent on getting through the qualifiers and having a real crack at the making the last 16 of the competition.

Dembele bagged 32 goals in 49 games for Celtic (Photo: Getty Images)

With this in mind, the Serie A giants are fully aware that there is next to no chance of Parkhead chiefs sanctioning a sale of the attacker before the close of this current transfer window.

However, the shrewd Italians are keen to maintain their links and build relations to ensure they are at the forefront of the race just in case there is any change of heart by Celtic or, most likely, he becomes available either in January or next summer.

Record Sport understands Germans Borussia Dortmund and English champions Chelsea are the clubs most likely to come in with concrete offers this summer to try and tempt the Scottish champions.

But Dembele is set to stay put and Milan are putting in the vital groundwork now to try and ensure they are amongst the first notified when the time comes for the former Fulham starlet to take the next step in his career.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/celtic-star-moussa-dembele-transfer-10568280

WhiteJC

Column: Fulham need to build on this season or risk Championship football for a long time to come

Guest columnist Chris Bishop looks back on the season and speaks his mind on what Fulham must do in order to achieve Premier League football

I write this from Brussels, in Belgium, the home of the Council of the European Union. I am here to host a European Union debate on investment in Africa.

For the next couple of days I will be one of the few Fulham supporters rubbing shoulders with presidents and diplomats from around the world. You may think this is a strange place to pen a review of Fulham's season, but I disagree.

Belgium is also known as the birthplace of Steed Malbranque that fast, tricky, devil-may-care, midfielder who lit up Fulham's midfield in the first few years of this century. A player I would pay money to watch.

I am sure Steed would have smiled on the football Fulham served up in the latter half of the season. It was a joy to watch the running approach play and flair of Fulham's midfield. This, after three lean years of hesitant, disjointed, football was like a sparkling spring in the desert.

Surely, this season, we have seen some of the most sumptuous passes carpeted at Craven Cottage since the glory days of the Europa League and Jean Tigana.

I would sooner watch Fulham play flair football in the Conference than win the Champions League by stopping others from playing in that manner.

I digress, it was a remarkable season that began with a shock for three people, largely, Rafael Benitez, Matt Smith and me.

Star man: Stefan Johansen (Photo: Paul Burgman/Press-Photos.com)

Probably neither of us expected us to beat eventual champions Newcastle United in the first game of the season. I was happy for Matt; I thought he was a brave player and I always had a soft spot for him. I watched his father, Dr Ian Smith, play at Kidderminster Harriers over 40 years ago. He too was a wholehearted trier that we used to call the flying doctor. Often, in those innocent days, he used to play for Harriers when he was on call and once had to be substituted early so he could tend to a patient in a Birmingham hospital.

Its a pity Matt didn't make it at Fulham, but many other fringe players did: Neeskens Kebano; Floyd Ayite and Ryan Sessegon to name but three.

I am almost resigned to the fact that the latter will go to one of the big Premier league four, for even bigger money, in the close season. You can't blame the young man who wants big time football and the money that goes with it.

It is a shame because he faces a long spell on the bench if he is snapped up. It will be such a waste, when you think what potential Sessegnon has for next season and delightful, deft, touches he could manage on our left flank.

I used to stand next to a postman in the Stevenage Road terraces, in the dark days, who said his father - a lifelong fan - refused to watch Fulham again after the club sold Tony Gale. Imagine how disappointed he would have felt about the loss of a talent like young Ryan?

On the floor: Lucas Piazon (Photo: Lewis Darling)

In the middle, it seems like we might also lose the rock that is Kevin McDonald. Here, I feel Fulham needs another classy, tough, playmaker in this transfer window - the likes of a much-younger Scott Parker. This is the last season of parachute payments and Fulham must spend it wisely.

If we can hold onto Tomas Kalas and Tim Ream in defence, maybe add another nippier defender, all could be well for another couple of seasons.

Even though I enjoyed the midfielders knocking in goals from all angles, last season, I still think we need that 20-goal a season striker who scores for fun instead of taking a malcontent on loan. How often this season did we do all the hard work in midfield to see a simple chance, or a penalty, go begging?

It is hard for me to say this , but I think if Fulham doesn't build for automatic promotion next season the club could still be down in the second tier by the time Sessegnon is due for his testimonial.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/column-fulham-need-build-season-13143223

WhiteJC

17 things Fulham fans can do while waiting for the new season to arrive

We're deep into the summer and the wait for actual football is starting to take its toll - here's what we thought we could do to fill the void

The summer is long and the going harsh.

Saturdays are no longer filled with a trip to Craven Cottage or a journey up north to one of the many outposts, but instead with shopping trips and endless refreshing of Twitter in the vain hope something might happen.

The thought of those pre-season games can't even comfort you, because even those are eluding capture with not a single game having been announced yet.

It's tough being a football fan.

We're struggling the same as you - we find ourselves awake in the depths of night recounting every single pass that led to Lucas Piazon's goal at Bristol, or walking down one of the aisles in the supermarket wanting to curl some cabbage into the top corner of a freezer in order to recreate one of Tom Cairney's screamers.

Like you, we just want to be back at the Cottage, watching Fulham kick a ball about.

But to keep us going and stop us from going mad, we've come up with a list of things you can do to keep yourself going until normality resumes in a few weeks time.

Organise Fulham's entire pre-season schedule
    Re-watch all 85 league goals scored by Fulham, then recreate them in your back garden using friends, children and dogs as defenders
    Create your own transfer saga and watch panic ensue as everyone on Twitter believes you're an 'ITK' after you've linked Messi to Fulham
    Design and stitch together your very own home strip for the coming season while you wait for Fulham to announce their official one
    Hide in the bushes at Motspur Park and religiously tick off your check list of cars that go in everyday, just in case a new signing pops up in his Bentley

Compose a poem for Tom Cairney, listing every single reason why he should stay at Fulham, including but not limited to your love for his left foot

Like that bloke who made the Will Grigg song, lock yourself in your room and create new terrace songs for every single member of the playing squad

Annoy every single one of your friends down the pub by constantly telling them that Scott Malone is wonderful after every pint

Pretend to your partner that you're taking them on a nice romantic walk, but instead recreate the walk through Bishop's Park in preparation for the first game of the season, just to make sure remember the way

Take to the games console and recreate the entire season on FIFA, except this time ensure the side get promoted.

Religiously study all the missed penalties for last season and come up with a list of reasons why they missed them - these can be both reasonable and spiritual

Sit down and create your Fantasy Football lineup for the coming season so you won't finish last again

Go to the barbers and get your hair cut like Neeskens Kebano so that no matter where you go, you'll be reminded of the DR Congo international

Learn Serbian in honour of Slavisa Jokanovic

Map put the entire season where you, of course, have Fulham down to win every single game and go up as record breaking Champions

Buy a cottage in Cornwall just so you can say you're going to a place that at least sounds a bit like Craven Cottage

Create a list like this one because the wait is excruciating and there's nothing really else to write about

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/17-things-fulham-fans-can-13143478

WhiteJC

QPR to take on rivals Fulham and play-off finalists Reading in pre-season friendlies

The matches will be behind-closed-doors and will take place at Fulham's training ground, Motspur Park, and Reading's training ground, Hogwood Park.

QPR have announced an additional two friendlies to take place during pre-season.

The fixtures will see Ian Holloway's men take on local rivals Fulham and beaten play-off finalists Reading.

The match against the Whites will take place at Fulham's training ground, Motspur Park, while the match with the Royals will take place at Reading's training ground, Hogwood Park.

Both fixtures will be behind closed doors.

Speaking of the friendlies, QPR Director of Football Les Ferdinand said: "The manager and his coaching staff were keen to play a couple of fixtures against teams from our division and when the opportunity came up to play Reading and Fulham, two clubs local to ourselves, it ticked the boxes they were looking for.

"Needless to say, with stadiums being prepared for the new season, both fixtures have to be held at training grounds, and therefore it makes sense to play both these fixtures behind-closed-doors.

"Pre-season is all about fine-tuning the players and making sure the squad, as a whole, are ready for the big kick-off in early August - and these two fixtures will be important in terms of our overall preparations."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-take-rivals-fulham-play-13144532

WhiteJC

Meet the man making Fulham's Craven Cottage entirely out of Lego

We met the man who has built Fulham's home entirely out of Lego, from the Hammersmith End right through to the Cottage itself

Lego was an obsession most of us had as kids, whether it was creating random things out of spare bricks or building the latest kit from Star Wars.

Nowadays, most of us have swapped that obsession to football, but one man has combined both of those loves and has set about creating the 92 league stadiums, completely out of Lego.

Meet Jules Richards, a Cardiff City fan who has created numerous stadiums entirely out of Lego - including Fulham's Craven Cottage.

The detail is remarkable, from the name in the stand right down to the Cottage sitting on the corner of the Johnny Haynes Stand.

We caught up with Jules to ask him how he became a Lego stadium builder and why he decided to build Craven Cottage out of Lego.

"I started about 18 months ago, I dug out the Lego I had from when I was younger and thought I'd build something," he said, "so I built the Cardiff City stadium and it wasn't brilliant, and I posted it on Twitter and Facebook and Cardiff retweeted it and it was in their programme and it took off from there.

Lego Craven Cottage

"I dabbled with a few other grounds but a guy from Nottingham got in touch and asked for a Sheffield Wednesday one, he asked if I sold them and I said no because I didn't at the time and it took off from there.

"That was 18 months ago now and I've been selling them ever since, one or two month, but I did build a load of grounds for the fun of it, I'd dismantle it and and since I've been doing ones that people have ordered."

You'd think building something of that magnitude with that level of detail would take at least a week, but Jules has a knack for producing them extremely quickly.

He adds: "On average, depending on the size of the ground of course, some are bigger than others, but between six and 12 hours - I did Huddersfield recently and finished that yesterday and that was a bit fiddly so that took ten hours in total.

"It's just squeezing them in on evenings and days off, but the average is eight-nine hours.

"I Google a lot of aerial shots and get on the iPad, some street views I've looked at around the grounds that you can get access to and that's quite handy.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/meet-man-making-fulhams-craven-13144496

WhiteJC

The real cost of Roberts

Among the obstacles towards Celtic signing Patrick Roberts from Manchester City is the regular claim that they paid £12m to Fulham for the 18-year-old.

That figure is regularly wheeled out to explain why the winger is out of Celtic's price range but a look at Fulham's accounts for the year 2015/16 reveal that the up front fee was £5.3m.

It's unlikely that any bonus payments have been made with Roberts moving on loan to Celtic halfway through his first season at City.

What else could be involved in negotiations is anyone's guess with only Celtic and Manchester City knowing the precise details.

City probably have upto a dozen clubs interested in taking the 20-year-old on loan for next season but it's doubtful if any are as appropriate as Celtic.

As an attacking player being at Celtic is perfect. Brendan Rodgers side enjoy 60% plus of possession in most matches that they play giving Roberts the chance to hone his skills in a way he'll never know at a mid-table Premier League or Bundesliga side.

One look at the career of Jason Denayer shows how the value of a player on the loan circuit can slip.

Hopefully an offer from Celtic that gives City a profit, the right to buy the player back in two years time and a 20% slice of any profit would be in everyone's interest?

https://videocelts.com/2017/06/blogs/the-real-cost-of-roberts/

WhiteJC

Revealed: The reason Fulham and QPR are playing one another in a pre-season friendly

The two Championship rivals will face each other in a behind-closed-doors friendly, but the reasons make a lot of sense

Fulham and QPR will play one another in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Motspur Park as both sides prepare for the upcoming Championship season.

It has caused a bit of a stir with many people wondering why two clubs in the same division have chosen to face one another weeks before the season kicks off, especially two west London rivals.

There is a reasoning behind it, however, with both clubs eager to tests themselves in a controlled environment against teams in their own division.

It mostly comes down to what QPR wanted from their pre-season, with Ian Holloway extremely keen to play a couple of fixtures against Championship sides, despite it being a bit unorthodox.

Crossing paths again: Slavisa Jokanovic and Ian Holloway (Photo: Lewis Darling)

The venue of the game, which will be the training ground at Motspur, has been chosen with two things in mind - firstly, it removes the crowd from the equation so the players will feel no added incentive of it being a west London derby, even if it is in pre-season.

Secondly, playing the game at Motpsur will allow Fulham to have access to all their sports science equipment at the site, meaning they can monitor players before, during and after the game, which will aid them as they look to ensure the squad are in peak physical condition ahead of the season opener.

It's a win-win for Fulham - they get an extra game in pre-season and they don't need to travel to play it, it's essentially an extra training session against players they will be facing later in the season.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-reason-fulham-qpr-playing-13145774

WhiteJC

Odds tumble on former Liverpool and Fulham boss becoming next Crystal Palace manager

Roy Hodgson, who has been out of football management since leaving England last summer, is now the favourite to be the next Crystal Palace manager with several bookmakers

There has been a significant fall in the odds on former Liverpool and England manager Roy Hodgson becoming the next Crystal Palace manager.

The odds on the Croydon-born 69-year-old taking charge at Selhurst Park have been cut to evens by several bookmakers this afternoon (Tuesday), putting him ahead of previous favourite, Burnley boss Sean Dyche, with a number of different betting companies, although Dyche still remains the favourite with others, according to www.oddschecker.com

Hodgson, who has been out of football management since leaving England last summer, has been linked with the role since Sam Allardyce's resignation two days after the end of the Premier League season, although the former Fulham and West Brom boss has not at any stage been the favourite for the role – until now.

Palace chairman Steve Parish has recently said that the Eagles are looking at a "long list" of candidates and reports in several national media outlets suggest that they are moving towards making an appointment.

Read more at http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/odds-tumble-on-former-liverpool-and-fulham-boss-becoming-next-crystal-palace-manager/story-30374511-detail/story.html#8DXuiEYv3D8bWuk1.99

WhiteJC

Transfer Talk: Fulham, QPR, Nottingham Forest and Norwich tracking Dijon forward Mamadou Thiam

The 22-year-old, who has scored nine goals while on loan at Clermont Foot Auvergne 63 is entering the final year of his contract, with parent club Dijon looking to cash in on him this summer.

Fulham and QPR are rumoured to be interested in making a move for Dijon forward Mamadou Thiam.

The 22-year-old, who has scored nine goals while on loan at Clermont Foot Auvergne 63 is entering the final year of his contract, with parent club Dijon looking to cash in on him this summer.

Fulham were thought to have expressed an interest in the Senegalese front-man in January, and are thought to be keen on making a move for him again this summer.

As well as the two West London sides, Nottingham Forest and Norwich are thought to be looking at him, as well as a number of other teams in the league.

It's thought that a fee of £800k would be enough to tempt Dijon into selling, a relatively modest fee for a player who looks set for big things.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-talk-fulham-qpr-among-13145309

WhiteJC

Iron sign Burgess from Fulham

Scunthorpe United have completed the signing of Fulham defender Cameron Burgess on a three year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Burgess, who was out of contract at Craven Cottage this summer, enjoyed loan spells at Bury and Oldham last season.

The 21 year old made four Championship starts for the Cottagers.

http://www.iron-bru.co.uk/iron-sign-burgess-from-fulham/

WhiteJC

Burgess Departs

The Club can confirm that Cameron Burgess has joined Scunthorpe United on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old was a key member of the Fulham Under-18 side that made history by reaching the Final of the FA Youth Cup in 2014, and he made his professional debut for the First Team at the start of the following season.

Burgess made four senior appearances for the Whites, but now has 70 matches under his belt following productive loan spells at Cheltenham Town – where he won the Conference title – Oldham Athletic, and Bury.

We would like to thank Cameron for his efforts during his six years at the Club, and we wish him all the best at Scunthorpe.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/06/cameron-burgess-departs

WhiteJC

Who is Cameron Burgess? Lowdown on Scunthorpe United's new signing

Cameron Burgess in action for Fulham

Scunthorpe United have confirmed their first signing of the summer after landing Fulham defender Cameron Burgess on a three-year deal

The 21-year-old heads to Glanford Park after an undisclosed fee was agreed between the two clubs.

He spent time in League One on loan with Oldham Athletic and Bury last season.

Here's all you need to know about the newest defender at Glanford Park

In FA Youth Cup action for Fulham

Early days

The central defender started his career in Western Australian with ECU Joondalup SC before joining up with Fulham's Academy in 2011.

He signed professional terms with the Craven Cottage club in July 2013 after impressing throughout the Academy.

Burgess was then a key member of the Whites' under-18s side that made history by reaching the final of the FA Youth Cup in 2014.

Making his professional Fulham debut in August 2014, Burgess was deployed in defensive midfield during their 2-1 defeat at Ipswich.

He would appear three further times for the Whites during the 2014/15 campaign.

Versatile

Burgess arrives at Glanford Park as a left-footed centre-back who also possess the ability to play at left-back and in defensive midfield.

He is known as a tall, mobile defender who is good in the air and comfortable on the ball.

From Scotland to Australia

Burgess was born in Aberdeen and has represented Scotland on three occasions at under-19s level.

In September 2014, the youngster decided to switch allegiances to Australia and he was named in the Socceroos squad for the 2014 AFC Championship.

The defender has since picked up three caps for their under-20s side and seven at under-23s level.

He was one of 12 overseas-based players who was selected to be part of Australian Olympic qualification campaign ahead of Rio 2016.

Promotion and survival

The defender has been out on loan at four different clubs; Ross County, Cheltenham Town, Oldham Athletic and Bury.

Although he failed to feature during his time in Dingwall, his next loan was much more productive.

Signing for Cheltenham in January of 2015, Burgess became a key part of Gary Johnson's side that romped to the National League title.

He made a total of 17 appearances for the Whaddon Road club before heading back to Craven Cottage.

Last season, the youngster started the season on loan with Oldham. He would feature 31 times in all competitions for the Latics - starting in their 2-0 victory over the Iron in October.

Burgess moved to Bury in another loan deal during January and played 18 times as the Shakers avoided relegation from League One.

He now leaves Fulham after six years to join up with the Iron ahead of the 2017/18 League One campaign.

Alexander's thoughts on the new signing

"Cameron ticks a lot of boxes for us, he has great stature and can play. He had a full season last year at Bury and at Oldham, and showed what he's about. He's coming in at a great age and his motivation to come in and do well was there for us when we spoke to him. We're delighted to get him on board.

"When you analyse the opponents before we play them, we look at the team in-depth, and he's someone who stood out when we watched the opposition and we've kept an eye on him.

"We spoke to him at the end of the season and we're delighted he's chosen us because he's a good player and we look forward to working with him.

"He knows he needs to compete to a good level because we have two very good centre-halves here already in Charlie Goode and Murray Wallace. We want a competitive squad."

What Burgess said about joining the Iron

"I'm absolutely delighted. I'm just glad to get it sorted and I'm raring to go for the season already.

"The main goal for the season is promotion. That's my main reason for signing for the club and I'm excited to get started and hopefully achieve that next season.

"I got plenty of experience last season against different teams and different players and hopefully that experience will stand me in good stead playing for Scunthorpe next season.

"At Oldham we had one of the best defensive records in the league and that's something we pride ourselves on as defenders."

Read more at http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/who-is-cameron-burgess-lowdown-on-scunthorpe-united-s-new-signing/story-30374736-detail/story.html#CRfJCFGzAb2PxZiR.99

WhiteJC

Cameron Burgess: Scunthorpe sign Fulham central defender on a three-year contract

Cameron Burgess represented Scotland U19s before switching allegiances to play for Australia U20s and U23s

Scunthorpe United have signed defender Cameron Burgess from Fulham on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Burgess, 21, made a combined 49 appearances in the 2016-17 season while on loan at Oldham and Bury.

The centre-back, who has also had loan spells with Ross County and Cheltenham, has represented both Scotland and Australia at youth level.

He becomes Graham Alexander's first summer signing and replaces David Mirfin, who joined Mansfield on 23 May.

"He's a player who is desperate to kick his career on now. He's been out on loan from Fulham and wants to go out and be his own man, and find the best club to do that," manager Alexander told the club website.

"Cameron ticks a lot of boxes for us, he has great stature and can play."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40176154

WhiteJC

QPR and Fulham linked with striker Thiam

Dijon forward Mamadou Thiam is the latest player Get West London have linked with QPR.

Get West London say Rangers and Fulham are "rumoured to be interested" in the 22-year-old along with Nottingham Forest and Norwich.

They also say it's thought that former Senegal Under-20 international Thiam could be available for £800,000 this summer.

Thiam is among a host of players Get West London have recently linked with QPR.

The club are "rumoured to be interested in making an approach" for winger Denis Bouanga, Get West London claim.

The 22-year-old Gabon international is with French side Lorient and spent last season on loan at Ligue 2 side Tours.

Kosovo defender Benjamin Kololli is another Get West London have linked with Rangers.

They claim the R's "are among a number of Championship clubs who could be interested" in the 25-year-old, who plays for Swiss side Lausanne.

Get West London have also recently linked with R's with Chelsea's Tammy Abraham, who is set to join Newcastle, and 41-year-old keeper Shay Given, and linked Conor Washington with a possible move to Birmingham after fans' website Vital Birmingham City published an article asking whether Washington might be the kind of forward who might succeed at St Andrews.

Get West London have also linked the R's left-back Jake Bidwell with Nottingham Forest.

They say there are "reports on social media" that Forest boss Mark Warburton wants to sign Bidwell, who previously played under him at Brentford.

It has led Get West London to declare that Bidwell is "seen as the ideal candidate" to move to the City Ground this summer.

Meanwhile, Josh Bowler has rejected a new contract at QPR, West London Sport reports.

Bowler now looks likely to leave, with Everton having shown an interest in signing him this summer.

West London Sport reports that Bowler has snubbed an offer from Rangers, who are keen for him to stay.

West London Sport reported last week that Rangers had offered Bowler a new three-year contract and rejected Everton's latest bid for him.

Everton made an improved offer for the 18-year-old winger after having an initial bid rejected.

West London Sport reported that Rangers believe they are likely to lose Bowler, 18, if his head is turned by Premier League interest and that they are ready to sell him if he is unwilling to commit his future to the club.

He is under contract at Loftus Road until the summer of 2018, having signed an 18-month deal in February this year.

Get West London on the other hand, claim it is "merely speculation" that a contract has been offered to Bowler and reckon no decision has been taken by Rangers regarding Everton's bid.

And the Mail say QPR are interested in Real Zaragoza striker Angel.<

Rangers scouts watched Real Zaragoza's game against Girona on Sunday, leading to speculation the club are looking to sign Angel, whose contract expires this summer.

The Mail say Rangers are keen sign the 30-year-old, whose full name is Ángel Luis Rodríguez Díaz.

http://londonfootballnews.co.uk/transfer-gossip/qpr-fulham-nottingham-forest-norwich-city-thiam-linked/

WhiteJC

Fulham suffer significant blow in quest to land 22-year-old goal machine

Championship side Fulham have been dealt a significant blow in their pursuit of Montpellier striker Steve Mounie, according to GetWestLondon.

The 22-year-old forward has been one of the most prolific goal-scorers in the French leagues in recent seasons, with his loan spell at Ligue 2 outfit Nimes in 2015/16 yielding 11 goals in 33 games, and then he backed that up with 15 goals in 38 matches for Montpellier last time out.

And it was form that attracted interest from Slavisa Jokanovic's Cottagers last week, with them reportedly launching a bid for the Benin international, although recent reports suggest that Mounie will not be moving to Craven Cottage this summer.

And that's because Fulham are reportedly unwilling to meet the 22-year-old's price-tag, which is believed to be £13 million.

This news will likely come as a big blow to Jokanovic and his team, who would have been eyeing up transfer targets as they seek a return to the Premier League next season.

The West London outfit finished sixth last season and lost to Reading in the Championship play-off semi-finals, yet it was clear in the latter stages of the campaign just how good a side Fulham were, they just needed greater consistency over the course of the season.

And bringing in a player like Mounie, proven in one of Europe's top leagues, would surely have helped them in their quest to achieve promotion, yet it's a move which is now very unlikely to happen.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-suffer-significant-blow-in-quest-to-land-22-year-old-goal-machine/

WhiteJC

#Fulham2Amsterdam

Sean Davis and the rest of the #Fulham2Amsterdam team will be setting off on their 145-mile cycle on Friday morning.

The journey begins at the Lee Valley VeloPark in the Olympic Park, with riders then setting off in a north-easterly direction towards Harwich, some 85 miles away. There they will board a ferry which takes them overnight to the Hook of Holland.

Saturday begins with a cycle up the west coast of the Netherlands, past The Hague, before heading in-land towards Amsterdam. 60 more miles will have been clocked up by the time the team reach Ajax's stadium in the nation's capital.

"It has come around so quickly," Sean told fulhamfc.com. "It's going to be a real challenge but we've got a good group in the Fulham team and I'm sure we'll all help each other out at different stages.

"We've got 15 of us signed up and between us we've already raised over £23,000 for Prostate Cancer UK, which is absolutely fantastic.

"I think I might be nearer the back of the cyclists, but as long as I cross that finish line I don't mind! It's all for a brilliant cause and it should be a great atmosphere over the two days."

Fulham's total raised is currently the highest of any of the southern teams taking part, with just two of the northern groups having accumulated more.

Amongst the many generous contributors were the Jacksonville Jaguars whose donations included matching funds raised at the Official Prostate Cancer UK match, and two tickets to the NFL London Games on 24th September - a raffle prize which help raised more than £900 in just four hours.

Fans who wish to donate to the #Fulham2Amsterdam team can do so at this link.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/07/fulham-2-amsterdam

WhiteJC

Scotland striker Chris Martin determined to finish rollercoaster season on a high by grabbing winner against England

Martin is looking to cap a tough year with a goal that would delight nobody more so than his dad on his 60th birthday

Chris Martin is hoping for a dream finish to a nightmare campaign. The Scotland striker admits he's had a crazy 12 months but grabbing a winning goal against England on his dad's 60th birthday this Saturday would draw a line under the silly season in spectacular fashion.

It's been a tough old year for the hitman. Punted by Derby County on loan to Fulham, he tried to cut his stay short after Rams boss Nigel Pearson got the boot.

He ended up on strike and then frozen out and, while be battled back at Craven Cottage, he even got booed by the Tartan Army when he came off the bench at Hampden against Slovenia in March.

But the rollercoaster ride took an upward swing with his last minute winner to save Scotland's skin and he'd love to end the wild spell on a high point against the Auld Enemy this weekend.

Martin said: "It's been very tumultuous, shall I say. It's probably the strangest season of my career, especially off the field.

"Hopefully there is a real positive twist to end an up and down season.

"Football is like that at times. It can be a rollercoaster, but not all in the one season.

"Sometimes you need to ride the wave and hopefully I can top it off with a real high against England.

"It's been crazy. I don't want to go in to too much detail but if I told people what happened they wouldn't believe me.

"I've seen a lot in my career and I'd like to think I'm fairly mature. I tried to deal with it the best way I could but that contributed to what happened on the pitch.

"I'll put it down to experience and go against next season.

"It's gone now and I'm just looking forward to Saturday and hopefully playing my part in a win."

A hero's role would be extra sweet for the Martin clan - especially Glaswegian dad Gerry who is son Chris' biggest fan.

The front man said: "Another last minute winner wouldn't be bad this time. My dad actually mentioned it. It's his birthday on Saturday so I'll be buzzing if can play any kind of part and recreate what happened last time.

"He was obviously delighted. It wasn't about me though, it was about the result for the country.

"My dad will be up for the game on Saturday. He was delighted the last time, as were the rest of my family. There was about 15 last time and there will be a fair few this time as well.

"He moved away to England when he was maybe 20 or 21 but he's from Glasgow and he's the reason I am here. He's been a big part in the Scottish bandwagon and the family are all up here.

"Hopefully I can score the winner for them.

"My dad was always strong on our Scottish heritage so I never had the choice. You don't mess with your dad."

Martin admitted the Slovenia goal was a turning point. He signed a new deal at Derby and will return for pre-season but his focus is on getting Scotland a step back on the road to Russia.

The 28-year-old insisted there was no hard feelings about the boo boys and he'd love to be the Hampden hero again.

Martin said: "I am still on a high from it now. The memories are still fresh. It was pretty special as it got us back on track. As much as we tried to play it down at the time, it was a vital win for us.

"I was really happy with it and hopefully we can take the confidence from that game in to Saturday.

"I've not had too many Scotland fans saying sorry. They don't need to apologise to me. They can voice their opinion all they like. Hopefully I can change their minds if they don't have a high opinion in the first place.

"I am a professional and my job is to get out on the pitch and get the winner. I was lucky enough for that to happen.

"Can I do it again? Obviously every lad can dream.

"Everyone will be hoping they are the one who can step up, score the winner or contribute in a big way.

"Obviously I'd be delighted if it was me, but, first and foremost, getting the three points would be massive and it doesn't really matter who puts the goal in. Everyone would be delighted.

"We need the points. It was a big one last time and it got us back in to contention for second place. Another win would bring England closer to us and it would be huge for the country. It's been a long time since we beat England at Hampden so hopefully we are a squad that's able to do that."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-striker-chris-martin-determined-10573294