https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

new kits 17/18 season

Started by WhiteJC, June 07, 2017, 09:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therealjaybee

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 18, 2017, 10:51:54 AM
Quote from: therealjaybee on July 18, 2017, 10:09:21 AM
It's not overly surprising he new kits are running behind. My understanding is that Visit Florida were due to be our sponsor for at least around season or 2 and they've run into some financial issues.

Makes sense that we held off moving forward with a new sponsor while we still thought we could just renew our existing deal. Sponsorship deals take weeks to finalise so we just need to be patient. Understand it's just around the corner anyway and we're only antsy because some other Almost all teams have theirs.

Looking forward to something new personally, especially without a Visit Florida on them, strongly dislike their logo

Yeh but at the end of the day, it's not like we won't have a kit ready for the start of the season

westcliff white

Quote from: therealjaybee on July 18, 2017, 11:15:23 AM
It's not overly surprising he new kits are running behind. My understanding is that Visit Florida were due to be our sponsor for at least around season or 2 and they've run into some financial issues.

Makes sense that we held off moving forward with a new sponsor while we still thought we could just renew our existing deal. Sponsorship deals take weeks to finalise so we just need to be patient. Understand it's just around the corner anyway and we're only antsy because some other Almost all teams have theirs.

Looking forward to something new personally, especially without a Visit Florida on them, strongly dislike their logo

Yeh but at the end of the day, it's not like we won't have a kit ready for the start of the season
agree
Every day is a Fulham day

First State

Florida lawmakers made a final vote on Monday to cut Visit Florida's budget by 67 percent, knocking the state from the second most well-funded in the U.S. for tourism promotion to the seventh.

Visit Florida, which will receive $25 million (down from $76 million) in funding under a budget bill that heads to the governor's office for a signature, is responsible for helping market destinations in the most visited U.S. state.

https://skift.com/2017/05/08/visit-floridas-67-percent-tourism-funding-cut-is-now-up-to-the-governor/

aaronmcguigan

I'm sure the VF sponsorship is sorted in terms of its gonna be them on our kit, but by all accounts they are cost cutting but still on the front of our kits?
I'm not up to scratch on sponsorships but I would have thought ours should be one of the most lucrative available to a tourist company, having the words VISIT FLORIDA looking at you as you fly over the top of our stadium??

Furthermore can anyone else help explain why FFC don't entertain the idea of a secondary sponsor on the back? In theory it can devalue the front of kit sponsor, but aren't VF trying to do that themselves ? If they want to spend less but still be involved, give them back of shirt sponsor and stadium sponsorship and find a main sponsor willing to pay going rate for the front of kit. Shouldn't we maximise every revenue stream?

Would it be an idea to sell the stadium sponsorship separate to kit sponsor? I'd view the stadium one ( the top of stadium ) as very lucrative for specific companies who might not necessarily want to sponsor a shirt

Asotosyios

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 11:22:30 AM

agree

But what would you like to arrive first or at all.
The new kit........Or a striker or centre back. ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

therealjaybee

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 19, 2017, 08:30:49 AM

agree

I'd take players over a kit without a seconds thought. They could play in anything and I wouldn't care if we went up!

Mitch

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 18, 2017, 09:41:45 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 18, 2017, 09:30:27 AM
We were told the new kit couldn't be revealed until mid July, right?

Is there any positive reason to delay the announcement so long as we always seem to do?

Ah! Its all down to difficulties signing up a shirt sponsor you say!

Really?

So how come in a business where sponsorship and marketing has such an important role this club of ours fails so miserably time and again?

Probably because some of the people running and operating at the club, are clearly not qualified or experienced enough to work in their roles at an English Football Club. This has been clearly evident for quite a while, it's not something new.

Isn't the chap that heads up marketing/income from Manchester United and Barcelona?

westcliff white

Quote from: therealjaybee on July 19, 2017, 08:39:14 AM

agree

I'd take players over a kit without a seconds thought. They could play in anything and I wouldn't care if we went up!
agree again.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2017, 08:59:25 AM
Quote from: therealjaybee on July 19, 2017, 08:39:14 AM

agree

agree again.

I am glad we all agreed, they can wear a Top Hat with Tails as long as the hat does not keep falling off.
I do not miss a minutes sleep about the kit. As the probability is that when the kit arrives it is generally disappointing anyway, as long as the new recruits are not dissapointing.

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on July 19, 2017, 03:49:33 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on July 19, 2017, 03:46:02 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/andy_bradffc/status/887646544580706304

Hopefully not a joke as it looks really smart.
agree my only doubt is the sponsor, Visit Florida had their budget slashed by 75% so not sure they have the budget to sponsor us unless we have reduced our book rate

wheelerdeeler

The badge and sponsor look way too close together on that picture.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 19, 2017, 03:55:47 PM
The badge and sponsor look way too close together on that picture.

Looks decent, will be a shame to lose the red names and numbers on the back

Mince n Tatties

Is that them bleedin grey stripes back again?

rweller86

@rweller

G_Gribby

According to Twitter is this NOT the next season home kit.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Woolly Mammoth

It looks more silver grey than white.

Never forget your Roots.