watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Sessegnon

Started by Fulham 442, June 08, 2017, 05:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Can't se how we can stop him moving to Spurs.

We could use any money from a transfer fee but I understood that he is not under contract and therefore Spurs can take him for next to nothing, at that price they are certain to have him.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on June 20, 2017, 08:16:33 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 20, 2017, 08:12:51 AM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on June 20, 2017, 08:07:37 AM
What about his brother? Has he signed?
isnt his brother younger and therefore not eligable for a pro contract just yet

They are twins?
i am not sure, I remember everyone saying Stephen was the better player, but Twins or younger brother I just cant remember
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: filham on June 20, 2017, 08:23:48 AM
Can't se how we can stop him moving to Spurs.

We could use any money from a transfer fee but I understood that he is not under contract and therefore Spurs can take him for next to nothing, at that price they are certain to have him.
we cant as he has no contract, its all about what compensation we will get

Andy S

We don't have a clue about anything so no fear and wait and see

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: westcliff white on June 20, 2017, 08:26:57 AM
Quote from: twang on June 20, 2017, 08:16:33 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 20, 2017, 08:12:51 AM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on June 20, 2017, 08:07:37 AM
What about his brother? Has he signed?
isnt his brother younger and therefore not eligable for a pro contract just yet

They are twins?
i am not sure, I remember everyone saying Stephen was the better player, but Twins or younger brother I just cant remember
They are twins.

toshes mate

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on June 20, 2017, 09:16:33 AM
They are twins.

But one is younger than the other which was a relief to Mum....

Chutney

He would have signed by now if he was going to, a shame, but we need to move on.
C O Y W

cmg

The future of Ryan Sessegnon is a big issue for FFC and understandably engenders much comment and speculation. Unfortunately very little is known for sure.
The one thing we can be sure of is that Ryan could have signed a pro contract with FFC but did not do so.
It is generally accepted that he signed a Scholarship Contract although even this has not been officially announced. This would have occurred sometime after his 14th birthday. Under the FA regulations regarding Scholarship Contract the option arises, on the player's 17th birthday or after, to either sign a full pro contract or to extend the Scholarship Contract. Under the terms of the Scholarship Contract a player cannot sign for another club, nor can another Club or individual incite the player to do so (quite how this is enforced is not explained!). Presumably this agreement can be terminated by mutual agreement (and, presumably, a financial settlement!)
We don't know when the Scholarship Contract ends (if it exists at all). When it does the player's registration is still retained by us so some kind of fee would still be appropriate.

One other point that occurs to me is that although a 17 year old cannot sign a contract exceeding 3 years an 18 year old can sign a full 5 year contract.

FFCAli

Quote from: Chutney on June 20, 2017, 12:16:00 PM
He would have signed by now if he was going to, a shame, but we need to move on.
I don't think that's true.  Let's wait a while longer before giving up.

callumc513

Does anyone know what we would be looking at getting as compensation at a tribunal, if it came to that?

westcliff white

not sure we can say what we would be looking to get, as it is down to the 3 man (?) tribunal to decide what he is worth.

My bench mark for these things is always Danny Ings, Burnley got 7.7 million for him, with around half upfront and some add ons etc. Now for me Sess is a better player than INgs but thats just my opinion adnthe play in differet positions. Forwards go for more then defenders dont they? so its finger in the wind time, but I would be surprised if we didnt get at least 5 million, for me the 12 million thats been mentioned is unlikely if it goes to a tribunal (I cant think of a time when a UK transfer tribunal as given that much). It doesnt have to go that far, we could agree a fee with a club before all that happens.

cmg

If he signed at 17 with another club then the question of compensation arises (prob c. £2million depending on where he goes) BUT if he is subject to a Scholarship Contract compensation does not arise. He cannot sign for anybody else unless we (and he) agree to terminate the contract, which is where the quoted (i.e 'guessed at') figures of £12 million fees come into play.

westcliff white

i still thought if he was under 21 and out of contract we still get a tribunal payment, simialr to ings as he left at 21/22 for liverpool and was a free agent. He had played a lot more games than Sess though.

It is all gobbledegook to me though

Chutney

The issue is, Sess became a very useful squad player as the season went on, so if he wants to stay or not, he needs to hurry up and make a decision, because we'll need to find a replacement if he leaves.

C O Y W

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: westcliff white on June 20, 2017, 03:10:55 PM
i still thought if he was under 21 and out of contract we still get a tribunal payment, simialr to ings as he left at 21/22 for liverpool and was a free agent. He had played a lot more games than Sess though.

It is all gobbledegook to me though

Ings was out of contract as his pro contract expired. Sessegnon can't be out of contract as he has never had a pro contract. He leaves without signing a pro deal and we get £50 and a set of tracksuits

cmg

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 20, 2017, 04:29:38 PM

Ings was out of contract as his pro contract expired. Sessegnon can't be out of contract as he has never had a pro contract. He leaves without signing a pro deal and we get £50 and a set of tracksuits

As I understand it, IF he has a Scholarship Contract, this is not correct.

alfie

I see no reason to worry about a player, if you want to play for Fulham then sign the contract, if not then just go. By not signing a contract shows me that his agent/parents and of course himself are weighing up options, and if this is the case then it's clear that he is not too fussed about staying at Fulham.
I do hope he signs though.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on June 20, 2017, 05:19:33 PM
I see no reason to worry about a player, if you want to play for Fulham then sign the contract, if not then just go. By not signing a contract shows me that his agent/parents and of course himself are weighing up options, and if this is the case then it's clear that he is not too fussed about staying at Fulham.
I do not see it that way at all.  If he is being advised by Fulham FC to take his time and weigh up all the options then he is being given sensible space, particularly so as SJ has already intimated a likely situation will be a loan back transfer if that is the player's best outcome right now.  That means he is being treated fairly by the Club and he is returning the respect.   He is a young guy who has had an exciting season, has an exciting future, and is in the media spotlight.   Perhaps he wants all that interest and speculation to calm down a little so that he can make the best decisions for all concerned.   I really do not know how it will pan out.

cmg

Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2017, 06:43:14 PM
Quote from: alfie on June 20, 2017, 05:19:33 PM
I do not see it that way at all.  If he is being advised by Fulham FC to take his time and weigh up all the options then he is being given sensible space, particularly so as SJ has already intimated a likely situation will be a loan back transfer if that is the player's best outcome right now.  That means he is being treated fairly by the Club and he is returning the respect.   He is a young guy who has had an exciting season, has an exciting future, and is in the media spotlight.   Perhaps he wants all that interest and speculation to calm down a little so that he can make the best decisions for all concerned.   I really do not know how it will pan out.

0001.jpeg
Excellent and thoughtful comment.
0001.jpeg

Barrett487

I hope Ryan reads this article

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-citys-former-fulham-man-13247740

Manchester City's former Fulham man has unwelcome title when it comes to past three years' Premier League signings

Patrick Roberts cost Manchester City £12 million when they signed him from Fulham in 2015.

He was a highly-rated 18-year-old, but while he has enjoyed success with Celtic, things have not exactly gone according to plan at parent club Manchester City.

And statistics that have come out today have revealed that, for all intents and purposes, Roberts is the most expensive waste of money when it comes to appearances, in the past three years.

Analysis of the signings made by Premier Leauge clubs over the past three seasons has shown that Roberts, at £12 million, is the most expensive player to have made five or fewer appearances for his club.

Roberts was a 55th minute substitute in a 4-1 League Cup win over Sunderland in 2015, before making his Premier League bow in the 86th minute of a 4-1 defeat to Tottenham four days later.

He was then handed 15 minutes in another League Cup tie - a 5-1 triumph over Crystal Palace - but that was the last the City fans saw of the Englishman.

He was shipped out on loan to Scottish giants Celtic, where he has remained ever since. And he has done pretty well in the top tier in Scotland, scoring 17 goals in a season and a half, including one in the Champions League...against Manchester City!

At 20 years old, he still has time on his side, to make it in the Premier League, but perhaps he is a good example of why young players should not make the move to the very top straight away.