https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Sessegnon

Started by Fulham 442, June 08, 2017, 05:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: cmg on June 20, 2017, 04:49:11 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on June 20, 2017, 04:29:38 PM

Ings was out of contract as his pro contract expired. Sessegnon can't be out of contract as he has never had a pro contract. He leaves without signing a pro deal and we get £50 and a set of tracksuits

As I understand it, IF he has a Scholarship Contract, this is not correct.

Cmg is right, he IS under contract even if it is only a Scholarship contract.
With us being a Cat 1 club, it will take a lot more money to buy him compared to if we were a cat 2 academy.
That's why it's important to be Cat one along with attracting the better players to Fulham.

I've said all along I expect him to be at Fulham next season.

Mince n Tatties

The one player I definitely don't want to see leave is Sess,but if he does go to Spuds I wouldn't want him back on loan, firstly because his mind and heart will be somewhere else,and secondly I don't see why we should make him a better player for Spurs benefit,that's my look on it anyway.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 28, 2017, 12:01:44 AM
I hope Ryan reads this article

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-citys-former-fulham-man-13247740

Manchester City's former Fulham man has unwelcome title when it comes to past three years' Premier League signings

Patrick Roberts cost Manchester City £12 million when they signed him from Fulham in 2015.

He was a highly-rated 18-year-old, but while he has enjoyed success with Celtic, things have not exactly gone according to plan at parent club Manchester City.

And statistics that have come out today have revealed that, for all intents and purposes, Roberts is the most expensive waste of money when it comes to appearances, in the past three years.

Analysis of the signings made by Premier Leauge clubs over the past three seasons has shown that Roberts, at £12 million, is the most expensive player to have made five or fewer appearances for his club.

Roberts was a 55th minute substitute in a 4-1 League Cup win over Sunderland in 2015, before making his Premier League bow in the 86th minute of a 4-1 defeat to Tottenham four days later.

He was then handed 15 minutes in another League Cup tie - a 5-1 triumph over Crystal Palace - but that was the last the City fans saw of the Englishman.

He was shipped out on loan to Scottish giants Celtic, where he has remained ever since. And he has done pretty well in the top tier in Scotland, scoring 17 goals in a season and a half, including one in the Champions League...against Manchester City!

At 20 years old, he still has time on his side, to make it in the Premier League, but perhaps he is a good example of why young players should not make the move to the very top straight away.

Pretty sure the Roberts deal has the potential to be 12m but it's full of incentives and achievement based payments. Furthermore, that money is nothing to City and they've taken a sensible approach by ensuring he gets first team football, he develops at his own pace , while still having to deal with a kicking every week. All of that he wouldn't have got from under 23 football

Finally I'm pretty confident that in his sub appearance for the reported 12m Man City have had more use and will get more sell on value than the use we got out of Mitroglou..

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 28, 2017, 09:15:59 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on June 28, 2017, 12:01:44 AM
I hope Ryan reads this article

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-citys-former-fulham-man-13247740

Manchester City's former Fulham man has unwelcome title when it comes to past three years' Premier League signings

Patrick Roberts cost Manchester City £12 million when they signed him from Fulham in 2015.

He was a highly-rated 18-year-old, but while he has enjoyed success with Celtic, things have not exactly gone according to plan at parent club Manchester City.

And statistics that have come out today have revealed that, for all intents and purposes, Roberts is the most expensive waste of money when it comes to appearances, in the past three years.

Analysis of the signings made by Premier Leauge clubs over the past three seasons has shown that Roberts, at £12 million, is the most expensive player to have made five or fewer appearances for his club.

Roberts was a 55th minute substitute in a 4-1 League Cup win over Sunderland in 2015, before making his Premier League bow in the 86th minute of a 4-1 defeat to Tottenham four days later.

He was then handed 15 minutes in another League Cup tie - a 5-1 triumph over Crystal Palace - but that was the last the City fans saw of the Englishman.

He was shipped out on loan to Scottish giants Celtic, where he has remained ever since. And he has done pretty well in the top tier in Scotland, scoring 17 goals in a season and a half, including one in the Champions League...against Manchester City!

At 20 years old, he still has time on his side, to make it in the Premier League, but perhaps he is a good example of why young players should not make the move to the very top straight away.

Pretty sure the Roberts deal has the potential to be 12m but it's full of incentives and achievement based payments. Furthermore, that money is nothing to City and they've taken a sensible approach by ensuring he gets first team football, he develops at his own pace , while still having to deal with a kicking every week. All of that he wouldn't have got from under 23 football

Finally I'm pretty confident that in his sub appearance for the reported 12m Man City have had more use and will get more sell on value than the use we got out of Mitroglou..

What a load of rubbish , as Newry quite rightly says, most of the 12 mil is add ins.

Citeh bought Pat for one for the future, they were always going to  loan him out.
Pat and his parents saw pound signs which is different to Ryan and his family.

The club and academy have looked after Ryan and Steven really well so this won't be like Pat unless the club gets a silly offer for him,
Every player has his price

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2017, 06:43:14 PM
Quote from: alfie on June 20, 2017, 05:19:33 PM
I see no reason to worry about a player, if you want to play for Fulham then sign the contract, if not then just go. By not signing a contract shows me that his agent/parents and of course himself are weighing up options, and if this is the case then it's clear that he is not too fussed about staying at Fulham.
I do not see it that way at all.  If he is being advised by Fulham FC to take his time and weigh up all the options then he is being given sensible space, particularly so as SJ has already intimated a likely situation will be a loan back transfer if that Isco the player's best outcome right now.  That means he is being treated fairly by the Club and he is returning the respect.   He is a young guy who has had an exciting season, has an exciting future, and is in the media spotlight.   Perhaps he wants all that interest and speculation to calm down a little so that he can make the best decisions for all concerned.   I really do not know how it will pan out.
Yep very good points made, unfortunately that small word IF comes into play, but I think I will go with your view.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

twang

f321ffc

Please let this be true.

Cottage Talk @CottageTalk

Ryan Sessegnon snubs Liverpool and Tottenham to sign new deal at Fulham - Mirror Online
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

John Cross(even though a Gooner is normally on the money.

WhiteJC

SESSEGNON AGREES TO NEW FULHAM DEAL

Fulham starlet Ryan Sessegnon has agreed to a new three-year deal at the Championship club amid interest from several Premier League sides, according to the Mirror.

The news outlet have detailed on their website on Wednesday that the 17-year-old left-back has snubbed a move to the English top-flight as he seeks to continue his development at a club where he is guaranteed match time.

A number of Premier League sides were certainly interested in signing the English Under-19 wonderkid and Tottenham have been the most heavily linked in recent months.

The Mirror report even states that Spurs were leading the chase for the player, who has also been compared to former star Gareth Bale.

However, it now looks like they may have to wait a while longer before he can line-up for the White Hart Lane outfit.

Sessegnon made his senior debut for Fulham last August in an EFL Cup clash against Leyton Orient and he soon became a standout star for the Cottagers, playing 31 times in all competitions while even scoring seven goals and providing five assists from his defensive position.

He was also named in the PFA Championship team of the Year in his debut campaign and it will be a massive boost to the promotion chasing Fulham team if he remains next season.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/06/rumour-mill/sessegnon-agrees-to-new-fulham-deal/

hovewhite

Hopefully this is true,fantastic news if so.

Mince n Tatties

Sky just announced it.

Stillbelieve

HillingdonFFC

Very sensible decision by the lad & his advisors. Only slight concern is how this might affect the budget for new players

SouthfieldWhite

Great news but not surprising, like to see the people who said he hasn't signed so he's defiantly off come on and admit they were talking shite 😉

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

SouthfieldWhite

I should add that this didn't mean we have him for 3 years, he could well be gone at Xmas if  he has a good first half to the season, but at least we will get a lot more money if he does.
Personally I think he will be here all season and nice that Steven has also signed, look out for him in a year or 2 also

G_Gribby

Really looking forward to have this confirmed by the club.
Really so as I sent out the wife for a bottle of Champange as I was reading what John Cross was writing. She now returned to the appartment at Rue de Marechal Joffre her in Nice with the bottle and pointed out the John Cross forget to mention that a rain and thunder storm would pass Nice. I said - Oh dear.

:dft001:
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: G_Gribby on June 28, 2017, 04:16:59 PM
Really so as I sent out the wife for a bottle of Champange as I was reading what John Cross was writing. She now returned to the appartment at Rue de Marechal Joffre her in Nice with the bottle and pointed out the John Cross forget to mention that a rain and thunder storm would pass Nice. I said - Oh dear.

Enjoy your bottle 😉🍾

G_Gribby

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 28, 2017, 04:30:30 PM
Quote from: G_Gribby on June 28, 2017, 04:16:59 PM

Enjoy your bottle 😉🍾

The bottle is now activated. What a absolutely superb afternoon. I never thought this would happen. Well done by the club! Excellent decision by Sess!
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

cmg

SESSEGNON AGREES TO NEW FULHAM DEAL

Yeeeeeha!
Hopefully we make a lot of good signings this pre-season. We won't make a better one than this