watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fixtures...when are they published?

Started by jarv, June 19, 2017, 09:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Want to plan my next trip over, hope to find a cluster of games in or close to London. (not those dirty sods in Reading though).

Asotosyios

Andy S

Reading were not dirty they merely pushed the rules to the brink

filham

Quote from: Andy S on June 20, 2017, 08:36:04 AM
Just hope our 1st match is not against Reading , lets have a low profile match to get us off the ground.

Woolly Mammoth

I am not bothered who we play, when and where, whether it's our first or last match.
Fear is in the eye of the beholder. Take our first match, in our opening day Newcastle game, last season, anyone can be beaten at anytime, and every year on the first day always brings startling results.
We shouldn't rely on whether there is a Full Moon passing through Uranus, to rely on results favouring us.
I also feel that there has been an over reaction to Reading so called dirty tricks way of playing.
I agree they may have had a thou shalt not pass attitude, but there have been plenty of clubs who have had a reputation for roughing up opponents, but Reading isn't one of them.
I am more vexed about the refereeing decisions in both play off matches than Reading, who on both those days, nullified us and outmanoeuvred us.
There will be tougher and more physical matches next season, and we will have to cope and overcome these challenges on the pitch, and stop whinging about it.
If you behave like a door mat, you will be treated like one.
So we need to be a little tougher and more physical ourselves, rather than let some teams bully us. We certainly need more leaders out on the pitch if we are to improve on last season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: filham on June 20, 2017, 09:45:36 AM
Just hope our 1st match is not against Reading , lets have a low profile match to get us off the ground.

Quote from: EastEndWhite on May 17, 2017, 10:51:05 PM
Well done Huddersfield.  Good luck for the final. Would like us to be playing Reading in the first game of the new season.

I still feel the same.

jarv

Woolly, I agree with you. I was feeling emotional about the loss to Reading. Correct, the key referee decisions in both legs were appalling. However, the first leg, Reading 4 yellows and a red said a lot about their approach to the game. In both legs, there was only one team trying to play football.

bobbo

JARV,
     you'll have to get up at 03.55 to be first to know,😴
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Darkside

"Pushed" being the correct word, especially in the second match in our penalty area

toshes mate

Either that or the referee played a great assist in scrubbing the rules, instead of the dirt, out completely

westcliff white

Tough start and tough run in, but seem to be no easy games htis season thats on paper
Every day is a Fulham day

SP

Happy enough with Norwich home.

Sunderland will be lucky to get a point from their first 6 games.

Fulham76

Probably couldn't have made the start to the season more difficult if you tried!

Woolly Mammoth

Every match is difficult in their own way, no home game is a dead cert to win, neither is an away match any more difficult, it's on the day. Bring them all on and play without fear.
Fulham have approximately 50 days to prepare, organise and recruit and hang on to the Jewels in the Crown.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.