watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (20/06/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 20, 2017, 06:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Former Fulham and Chelsea midfielder Damien Duff slams VAR after Chile goal is disallowed for offside

The former Fulham favourite was speaking as a pundit on RTE and called the decision to disallow the goal "ridiculous"

Former Fulham favourite Damien Duff has slammed the Confederations Cup's video assistant referee (VAR) after Chile were disallowed a goal at the Confederations Cup - a goal which looks to have been wrongly ruled out.

The Irishman, who is now the assistant manager at Shamrock Rovers and works as a pundit for RTE in Ireland, was unimpressed with the VAR after Eduardo Vargas's first half goal was overruled by the men upstairs.

Vargas had latched onto a ball from Arturo Vidal to find himself in behind the Cameroon defence before dinking the ball over the keeper, with it being initially given by referee Damir Skomina.

However, video assistants Clément Turpin, Milovan Ristić and Malang Diedhiou ruled it out for offside, despite TV replays showing he was onside, which lead to Duff ripping into the new tech.

He said: ""Even if I'm sitting up in the office, he's still onside to me.

First goal: Damien Duff celebrates scoring his first goal for Fulham (Photo: Ryan Pierce/Getty Images)

"It's not bulletproof. Looks onside obviously there, great goal, so I don't know what there calling there or what they're seeing up in the office.

"They say hands and arms aren't considered, it's one thing if it was his left-arm but [Adolphe] Teikeu, the left side centre-back, is keeping him onside. Standard.

"Nothing is ever going to change my opinion on that so this is turning into a bit of shambles for me. What are they seeing? It's they're naked eye up in the office.

"They've got replays and for them to go and call that there; it's making me as animated and as angry as Did was at half-time [of the Portugal game].

"This is putting me off. He's onside. It's nonsense. Ridiculous decision. Ridiculous."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-fulham-chelsea-midfielder-damien-13203756

WhiteJC

Ex-Fulham defender Zesh Rehman says it is mission accomplished ahead of Hong Kong return

Zesh Rehman played 10 League One games for Gillingham last term

Zesh Rehman feels he has dispelled the myth that players returning home from far-flung leagues cannot thrive again in England.

Ex-Fulham and QPR defender Rehman, who has won seven trophies over the last six years playing across Asia, helped Gillingham stay in League One last term after joining up with the club in February.

Rehman told Sky Sports: "When I left for Asia, people [in football] told me: 'You can't come back. If you go now that's it for you here'.

"So I think I had a point to prove - not just to other people - but also to myself, that I could come back here and that I wasn't afraid of the challenge [of keeping Gillingham up] because nobody wants to be associated with relegation.

Rehman was the first British Asian to play in the Premier League

"I put everything into it and I played my part, but ultimately it was a team effort. I loved it at Gillingham and I got on really well with the manager, the fans and my team-mates.

"I've been involved in relegation battles before with QPR and Fulham so I really embraced it and being able to use my experience to help the club was the most important thing for me.

"But I'd also like to think if there were any doubts about being able to return that has been put to bed now."

Birmingham-born Rehman - the first British Asian to feature in England's top four divisions - last week announced he is returning to Hong Kong to play for Southern District.

"I had several offers to stay in England and also a number from Asia and other parts of the world," Rehman explained.

"But the offer [from Southern District] was very good and would have been difficult for English clubs interested to match. And as much as I enjoyed helping Gillingham battle against relegation last season, this is a chance for me to play under a coach I know well and to challenge for trophies and help grow the club.

"It's a really exciting project and that was a major factor for me. The crowds in Asia are massive, it's a good lifestyle as well and I've had a lot of success in Hong Kong [winning four trophies while playing for FC Kitchee].

"My family really enjoyed it as well and the level in Asia is also better than people think. Some of the players I played with could easily have played in League One, The Championship and even the Premier League."

Pakistan international Rehman captained Bradford in the 09/10 season

The 33-year-old ex-Bradford captain turned down offers to start his coaching career and is confident that dream will eventually be realised in England, despite the fact there are only two Black and Minority Ethnic managers [Chris Hughton and Keith Curle] amongst England's 92 league clubs.

"There was some interest to remain in England and become a player-coach," Rehman said.

Rehman alongside Chelsea youth coach Tore Andre Flo at the Asian Star event

"I've done my UEFA A licence and am currently doing my Pro Licence. Coaching is something that I am working towards and have one eye on for sure, but I'm in no real hurry just yet.

"I'm also completing a distance-learning business management degree with the University of Northern Denmark through FIFPRO [the world players' union] and the PFA.

"But I've played more than 200 games in England at some really good clubs, so I see no reason why I cannot coach here in the future. In this game, anything is possible if you work hard, dedicate yourself and are prepared to do what it takes."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11737/10918895/ex-fulham-defender-zesh-rehman-says-it-is-mission-accomplished-ahead-of-hong-kong-return

WhiteJC

Celta Vigo favourites to land Fulham midfielder Jozabed with Spanish club ready to up offer

Real Betis had hoped to steal a move on Celta Vigo as a result of their unwillingness to meet Fulham's asking price, but the La Liga club have now upped their valuation

Celta Vigo are the favourites to land Fulham midfielder Jozabed.

The 26-year-old had spent the second half of the season on loan at the La Liga club, but returned to Craven Cottage after Celta refused to meet the buy clause agreed with Fulham in the loan deal, which was believed to be €4million.

Celta Vigo remained hopeful that Fulham would drop their asking price, but after strong interest from La Liga rivals Real Betis it seems the club are now willing to up their offer to €3.5million - a price Fulham are likely to accept.

Betis were hopeful that Celta Vigo's unwillingness to meet Fulham's valuation would allow them to swoop in and offer Jozabed a chance to return to the area of Spain he was born in, but it now looks like Celta are back in the driving seat.

Jozabed made 19 appearances while on loan in Spain last season and is keen to return back to his home country having failed to settle in England, and formed team mate Iago Aspas is hopeful he will return to the club ahead of next season .

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/celta-vigo-favourites-land-fulham-13203839

WhiteJC

Fulham's price tag on Nottingham Forest target Kevin McDonald is a warning to other sides that the club mean business this season

Fulham's position on Kevin McDonald is that he's going nowhere - and that is a statement of intent to both rival clubs and Slavisa Jovanovic

Fulham have reportedly slapped a HUGE price tag on Kevin McDonald - but look past the money and you'll see a bigger statement from the club.

£7million would be a club record for Nottingham Forest - and one they won't pay for a 28-year-old - but a price tag like that is so much more, it shows rival clubs that Fulham won't be pressured into selling their best players, while it also shows the players how much they're valued at the club.

They'll be told that in private of course, in meetings in the bowels of Motspur, but this is the closest you'll get to hearing it in the public domain, it's a subliminal message to the player and it lets them know they're prepared to show everyone just how much they value them.

Kevin McDonald and Tom Cairney are no exceptions, but both have been pursued in different manners which have warranted a different response.

Firstly, Newcastle's pursuit of Cairney has been kept out of the public domain as much as the North-East club could manage , which has meant Fulham have not needed to 'slap price tags' on him and have simply just rejected any bid coming their way, while making sure the player knows he is the key ingredient next season.

On the ball: Kevin McDonald: (Photo: PhotoEye.co.uk)

Nottingham Forest's pursuit of McDonald, meanwhile, has been a bit more public, with their interest leaked to the national media as a way of unsettling the Scotsman, but Fulham's response has been perfect and will ward off any more suitors for their midfield anchor.

And it's a big statement.

Sure, every player has their price, and other clubs may have seen a McDonald as 28-year-old with a couple of years left in him and taken the £3million.

But K-Mac is so important to Fulham that selling him just isn't an option, especially if they want to go one better and get automatic promotion this season.

Their unwillingness to sell means only one thing, Slavisa Jokanovic and his side mean business this season, and they're going to do everything they can to ensure they either win the Championship or finish second.

Tom Cairney celebrates his equaliser against Leeds (Photo: Alex Pantling/Getty Images)

Keeping hold of the likes of McDonald, Cairney and Stefan Johansen will go a long way in ensuring Fulham mount a serious title bid - we all know with the right additions they're going to a be force this coming season.

There's also another layer to this - it shows that Tony Khan and the Board back Jokanovic.

They aren't thinking about selling, they're giving the manager the tools needed to get them back to the Premier League, and by keeping the core of last season's team they're well on the way to doing that.

Fulham aren't messing about this season - the transfer business won't be rushed, it'll be calculated with the right players coming in to improve the side and to push the club into the Premier League.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-price-tag-nottingham-forest-13204000

WhiteJC

Ex-Burton Albion loan star Lasse Vigen Christensen suffers Denmark under-21 defeat to Italy

Former Brewer Lasse Vigen Christensen and his Denmark side went down 2-0 to Denmark on Sunday evening...

Former Burton Albion loanee Lasse Vigen Christensen kicked-off his and Denmark's European under-21 Championships on Sunday evening with a 2-0 defeat to Italy.

Christensen spent the latter half of last season on-loan with the Brewers, helping them to Championship survival after making 16 appearances.

The Fulham man captained Denmark's under-21 side to the European Championships, going unbeaten in their qualification stage after being handed the armband in March 2015.

But Christensen was powerless to stop the Italian juggernaut on Sunday, with the five-time winners of the competition cruising to an opening-game win.

Lasse Vigen Christensen spent the latter half of last season on loan at Burton Albion

The 22-year-old started in his natural position of centre-midfield, as part of a four-man midfield.

Denmark made it hard work for the Italian front three of Andrea Patagna, Federico Bernadeschi and Domenico Berardi, and weathered the first-half Azzuri storm.

But Luciano Pellegrini conjured a moment of magic to break the deadlock, sending an expertly-taken overhead kick flying into the top-corner after 54 minutes.

Denmark didn't shirk the challenge, however, with Andrew Hjulsager threatening with a series of decent deliveries from the right.

Marcus Ingvartsen failed to connect with one of Hjulsager's crosses, and then Italy upped their game after Petanga put the tie to bed on the 86 th minute.

Christensen and Denmark's next task to negotiate is the prospect of facing Germany on Wednesday, who beat the Czech Republic 2-0 on Sunday evening.

That result leaves the Czech's and Denmark level in Group C with zero points and a minus-two goal difference, and Germany and Italy level with three points and a plus-two goal difference.

Lasse Vigen Christensen (bottom row, second from right) is current captain of the Denmark under-21 side

Fellow Fulham man and Burton Albion loanee Cauley Woodrow could be action on Monday evening, as England face Slovakia after Friday's 0-0 draw with Sweden.

Woodrow failed to get off the bench in that game, and will be hoping manager Aidy Boothroyd affords him the chance to lead the line in a crucial game for the Young Lions.

Read more at http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/former-burton-albion-loanee-lasse-vigen-christensen-s-suffers-denmark-under-21-defeat-to-italy/story-30397848-detail/story.html#6PrtK3FcAdo2vBZ6.99

WhiteJC

Five of ex-Fulham captain Brian McBride's best moments as the American celebrates his 45th birthday

The American celebrates his birthday today so we take a look back at some of his best moments in a Fulham shirt to celebrate the occasion

Brian McBride celebrates his 45th birthday today, so to celebrate we're taking a look back at some of his most memorable moments at Fulham in the four years he was at the club.

After signing in 2004 from the MLS, McBride went on to make over 140 appearances for the Craven Cottage outfit, scoring 40 goals in all competitions, eventually being handed the captain's armband in 2007.

He left in 2008 to return to America, but his phenomenal work rate and willingness to run his socks off for the cause ensured he has gone down in Fulham lore as a legend, and one that the faithful still look back on with fond memories.

After turning 45 today, we have a look back at some of his best moments to celebrate - happy birthday Brian!

5. McBride scores his first goal for Fulham against Tottenham

It wasn't a bad start to life in west London for McBride as he bagged a debut winner against Tottenham to give his side all three points at Loftus Road.

Robbie Keane had out Spurs in front, but Steed Malbranque coverted his spot kick to pull the side level before McBride won it with a close range tap in after he reacted to Ian Pearce's saved header the quickest.

It was the perfect way to introduce himself to the Fulham fans and it started a love-in that would last and last.

Head first: Brian McBride against Tottenham on his debut (Photo: Ian Walton/Getty Images)

4. Fulham beat Arsenal for the first time in 40 years with a bit of help from McBride

It was a famous night in 2006 as Fulham beat their north London rivals for the first time in 40 years after McBride's early header sent the side on their way.

He headed the side in front after connecting to Claus Jensen's corner before Luis Boa Morte doubled the lead, sending the home fans into raptures.

Robin Van Persie scored a stunning free kick, while Philippe Senderos was sent off in an amazing game - one McBride and the Fulham fans will remember for a long time.

History maker: Brian McBride's goal helps Fulham to their first win in 40 years over Arsenal (Photo: ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP/Getty Images)

3. It's a demolition of Norwich on the final day of 2005

McBride's two goals helped Fulham take Norwich apart on the final day of 2005 as they beat the Canaries 6-0.

It was a fine performance which relegated Norwich, and it was McBride who opened the scoring in the tenth minute when he latched onto a Lee Clark through ball to fire home.

He got his second in the 85th minute when Steed Malbranque feed him on the left, and he made no mistake again as he fired past Green to make it a thrashing for Fulham as they finished 13th in the Premier League.

On target: Luis Boa Morte and Brian McBride celebrate against Norwich (Photo: Ben Radford/Getty Images)

2. It's a long road back from injury, but McBride gets back on the scoresheet

Coming back from a bad injury is a tough ask for anyone, but McBride put that behind him when he bagged the only goal in a cagey affair against Everton in 2008.

He got his head onto Simon Davies' cross in the 68th minute to ensure the club still had hope of surviving relegation that season - and that goal was his first since sustaining an injury against Middlesbrough in the first game of the season.

It was the end of a long road of rehabilitation for the American, and an important goal in Fulham's quest for survival.

Back in the game: Brian McBride celebrates against Everton (Photo: CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images)

1. McBride scores his last goal for Fulham

All good things must come to an end, and that was true for McBride at Fulham.

He scored his last goal for the club against Birmingham in 2008 as they beat the Midlands side 2-0 thanks to his and Erik Nevland's goals, which edged Fulham closer to safety.

It was another headed goal for the American as he latched onto Jimmy Bullard's free kick in the 52nd minute to send them on their way to victory.

It was an important win as Fulham went to Portsmouth the next weekend and won 1-0 thanks to Danny Murphy's goal, ensuring their Premier League status for another season.

Into raptures: Brian McBride scores and sends the Fulham faithful into raptures (Photo: ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP/Getty Images)

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-ex-fulham-captain-brian-13204728

WhiteJC

Chelsea's Tomas Kalas and Tammy Abraham linked with Hull move

Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas and striker Tammy Abraham are wanted by Hull City, according to the Hull Daily Mail.

New Tigers boss Leonid Slutsky has already revealed that he has spoken to his friend and compatriot Roman Abramovich about the possibility of taking Blues players on loan and indicated that he had got a favourable response.

The latest report is that centre-back Kalas is one of the players he wants to bring to the KCOM Stadium. The Czech Republic international, aged 24, spent last season on loan at Fulham and also played the previous season in the Championship with Middlesbrough.

Kalas, who can also operate at right-back, would bolster Hull's defensive ranks after the departures of Harry Maguire and Curtis Davies.

Also on Slutsky's radar is Abraham. The 19-year-old forward impressed on loan at Bristol City last term, scoring 23 goals in 41 Championship appearances.

He is currently on England Under-21 duty at the European Championships, so any deal will have to wait until he returns.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2017/06/chelseas-tomas-kalas-tammy-abraham-linked-hull-move/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

WhiteJC

Fulham target set to leave Spain and secure a move to the Eredivisie with FC Groningen

The 23-year-old had been linked with Fulham, but he looks set to move to Holland from his current side Osasuna

Fulham look set to miss out on Osasuna striker Kenan Kodro who is reportedly on the verge of joining FC Groningen.

The Bosnian striker was on the radar of Fulham, Bolton and Bristol City but he looks set to move to Holland and the Eredivisie instead in a deal worth €750k, according to Spanish newspaper Dario de Navarra.

The 23-year-old only has a year left on his current deal at Osasuna after being relegated, although he scored seven goals in 30 games in La Liga last season.

The Daily Mail had reported he would be available for £1.5million, although it looks like he will be heading to Holland for much less than that as Osasuna look to cash in on the striker.

Fulham are still on the hunt for a striker, while it looks like there will be a two-way battle between Celta Vigo and Real Betis for Jozabed this summer.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-target-set-leave-spain-13206362

WhiteJC

La Liga outfit to up the ante in pursuit of £2.98m-rated Fulham misfit

La Liga outfit Celta Vigo are in prime position to land Fulham midfielder Jozabed this summer, according to Get West London.

The 26-year-old moved to Craven Cottage last year following a short spell at Rayo Vallecano, but struggled in his first season in English football under Slavisa Jovanovic.

The Spanish midfielder could only manage eight appearances in the first few months of the campaign for the Cottagers, failing to contribute a goal or an assist, and was unsurprisingly shipped out on loan to Celta for the second half of the season.

And there he made 30 appearances for the Spanish outfit to help them reach the semi-finals of the Europa League and to 13th place in La Liga, but they didn't originally meet Jozabed's buyout clause to trigger a permanent deal for the 26-year-old.

However, recent reports suggest that the La Liga club will up their offer for the Fulham man to €3.5 million amid interest from fellow Spanish side Real Betis.

Betis finished six points and two places below Celta Vigo in last term's La Liga and will likely need reinforcements to pull away from the relegation zone next time round, given they only finished eight points clear of third-bottom Sporting Gijon.

Nonetheless, it appears that their interest in Jozabed has forced the issue at Celta, who are now reportedly willing to offer €3.5 million for the Spaniard's services which, although below the €4 million figure believed to be the original buyout clause, is a fee Fulham are likely to accept.

And that looks set to bring the curtain down on a disappointing time in England for the £2.98 million-rated star (as per Transfermarkt), who rarely showed his true potential while at Craven Cottage, and thus is unlikely to be missed too much by the Fulham faithful.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/la-liga-outfit-to-up-the-ante-in-pursuit-of-2-98m-rated-fulham-misfit/

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Arsenal starlet Daniel Crowley set for European move despite Fulham interest

The Arsenal youngster spent the second half of last season on loan in Holland with Go Ahead Eagles

Daniel Crowley has a host of European clubs chasing his signature this summer.

The Arsenal youngster spent the second half of last season on loan in Holland with Go Ahead Eagles.

And despite the campaign ending in relegation from the Eredivisie, Crowley made a good impression, scoring twice during 16 appearances.

He is due to return to Arsenal this summer for pre-season training but the 19-year-old is not expected to form part of Arsene Wenger's plans next season.

He will instead head out on loan again, with several clubs having already registered an interest in taking the playmaker.

Fulham lead the queue of English sides, but football.london understands the former Aston Villa starlet is more interested in securing another move abroad as he feels it suits his playing style.

Hannover, who play in Bundesliga 2, are interested - as are a handful of other German sides. But a return to Holland is also a strong possibility, with a number of Dutch clubs having also expressed a desire to take him.

Crowley arrived at Arsenal in 2014 amid much publicity but so far has struggled to find his feet at the Emirates.

Speaking to the Mail earlier this year about his future, he said: "I believe in myself.

"I know I'll be a Premier League footballer and if that's at Arsenal then great but if the manager doesn't think he can give me that chance then I'll have to go elsewhere.

"I'm fine with that and I'll still respect the boss. But I don't want to stay for the sake of it."

Crowley's Arsenal contract expires in the summer of 2018.

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/exclusive-arsenal-starlet-daniel-crowley-13204894

WhiteJC

Press Box Opinion

The Fulham press team debate their favourite moments from a season full of positives at the Club.

Jamie Reid, Co-Commentator: "Ryan Sessegnon's brilliant display up at Newcastle United. I don't think anyone is in any doubt that Ryan is going to be a top player but to do what he did at St James' Park and to completely silence the home crowd was a moment of pure genius. Ryan was 16-years-old at the time. It is almost impossible to believe. While other youngsters of his age are thinking of their Maths homework or when to start their paper round, Ryan is delighting the Fulham faithful. What a player he is and it's a further indication, if it's needed, of just how successful the club's Academy actually is."

James Wyatt, Communications Manager: "Floyd Ayité rounding the keeper and walking the ball into the net v Norwich. Holding out with 10 men against a strong opposition and being able to release all that anxiety after a tense 45 minutes was a special moment."

Ed Hutson, Video & Content Executive: "For me the game against Leeds at Craven Cottage was a huge night for the club. The noise generated by both sets of supporters added to the magic of the football being played under the lights by the river. Fulham battered Leeds but things didn't seem to be going our way, especially after Neeskens Kebano's goal wasn't given in the first half. It looked to be one of those sporting injustices that we would fall on the wrong side of, but up stepped TC and the goal was one of a kind. In the 95th minute of the game, the calmness and technique was top drawer and seeing the celebrations in the Hammersmith End will stick with me for a long time."

Carmelo Mifsud, Media Relations Manager: "Many great moments to choose from. Let's go with the opening day in front of a packed out Craven Cottage v Newcastle when Denis Odoi, on his debut, controlled the ball off his back, span and carried on running past the defending with the ball. This description doesn't do it any justice and it's fitting that live cameras were there to show it from different angles. It was an outrageous piece of skill directly in front of the Johnny Haynes Stand, from where we were watching the match. Although I had a good view of the action in real time, I checked on TV replays at the ground and again when I reached home, several times. More important was securing the win, the first of many."

Geoff Pruce, Web Content Manager: "The moment Tom Cairney's shot found the net in the fifth minute of stoppage time against Leeds. It looked as though we were set for a travesty as, having battered our opponents from start to finish, the Yorkshiremen had held on to their slender lead following a jammy early own goal. Add in Neeskens Kebano's shot which was about six yards over the line, and the Fulham Faithful were rightly feeling aggrieved as it looked like we would leave empty handed. TC's equaliser may have only won us a point, but it was the catalyst for so much more. Leeds fell apart thereafter, whereas we went on to claim a further 23 points which saw us steal their Play-Off place, which they were so convinced would see them gain promotion. (On a more narcissistic note, hitting the crossbar at half-time against Ipswich Town to secure £1,500 for Prostate Cancer UK was also a fairly special feeling!)"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/17/press-box-opinion

WhiteJC

Hull, Middlesbrough and Sunderland - what can QPR, Fulham and Brentford expect from the relegated sides?

We take a look at the three sides who faced the drop from the Premier League, and what we can expect from them this season.

With the English Football League fixtures set to be unveiled on Wednesday morning, we take a look at those sides who have been joined QPR, Fulham and Brentford in the Championship.

We take a look at the three teams who've been relegated from the Premier League; Hull City, Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

Hull City

The Tigers could be a different looking team by the time the league kicks off in August. Having already lost their manager Marco Silva to Watford, and with a number of their highest profile stars linked with moves away this summer, it could be a tricky season for Leonid Slutsky's new side.

Hull have already lost Harry Maguire to Leicester, and with talks of moves for Andrew Robertson, Tom Huddlestone and goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic, the new boss could have a job on his hands to get them ready for next season.

Verdict: Could see them getting off to an inconsistent start, but i'd certainly expect them to be in the top six come May next year.

Middlesbrough

The wheels came off for the Teessiders at the end of last season, meaning they were relegated with little more than a whimper. However the appointment of Garry Monk as manager seems to have rejuventated the feeling at the Riverside Stadium.

Boro are expecting to lose a number of their squad this summer, most notably captain Ben Gibson who is attracting the attention of a number of Premier League sides, but it's thought that the side will boast enough quality to mount a real promotion challenge next season, as long as they make some smart additions over the summer.

Verdict: Everything is in place for a successful campaign at the Riverside Stadium, and as long as the side can retain the core of their squad and make the right additions, Boro will be right up there next season.

Sunderland

It could be a difficult year for Sunderland. Having lost Jordan Pickford to Everton, and with Jermain Defoe seemingly on the brink of a move to Bournemouth, their squad look painfully frail. Without a manager in place, and with the long-term ownership of the club up in the air, it looks like it could be a difficult season for the Black Cats unless things take a big turn for the better.

Verdict: The club will need to move swiftly to get matters on the field in order. With an extremely thin squad, and distinctly lacking in Championship experience, i wouldn't be surprised to see Sunderland floating just above the relegation zone next season, that is, unless they can make some crucial signings before the end of August.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-middlesbrough-sunderland-what-can-13206532

WhiteJC

Arsenal man Dan Crowley preferring loan move to Europe despite interest from Fulham

Fulham lead the queue for the Arsenal starlet but he looks set to make a move to Europe ahead of next season

Arsenal starlet Dan Crowley would prefer a loan move to Europe over Fulham , according to our sister site Football.London .

They understand that the former Aston Villa youngster would prefer a move to the continent as it suits his playing style more, having spent half of last season with Go Ahead Eagles in Holland.

Fulham lead the queue of English clubs in the race for his signature , although there are a host of European clubs that would like to take him on loan this season.

The 19-year-old is expected to return to Arsenal for pre-season training but won't be part of Arsene Wenger's plans for the first team this season.

Hannover, who play in the Bundesliga 2 are interested, as with a number of other German sides, while several Dutch sides are interested in the youngster whose contract runs out in 2018.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-man-dan-crowley-preferring-13206712

WhiteJC

Fulham make official bid for Montpellier striker Steve Mounie

Montpellier wanted £13million for the Benin international but Fulham have tested their resolve by lodging a bid for the striker

Fulham have made an official bid for Montpellier striker Steve Mounie.

GetWestLondon understands that the Craven Cottage outfit have tested Montpellier's resolve for their 22-year-old striker, who had been linked with West Brom and Huddersfield.

The French side had been looking for a figure of around £13million for their 15 goal striker, but Fulham have submitted a bid lower than that and are using their location in London to tempt Mounie.

Mounie has a contract that runs until 2019 at Montpellier but looks set to leave the Ligue 1 side who finished 15th in France last season.

Meanwhile, it looks like Arsenal's Dan Crowley would prefer a loan move back to Europe over Fulham, who are reported to be leading the queue of English clubs for his signature.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-make-official-bid-montpellier-13207149

WhiteJC

Membership On Sale

Official Fulham FC Membership is now on sale for the 2017/18 season and offers supporters a number of exciting and exclusive benefits.

As an official Club Member, not only will you get priority access to see the Whites in action throughout the 17/18 campaign, but for our adult - Faithful - and junior - Formation and Fulhamites - packages there will also be plenty of additional benefits to enjoy:

Welcome Gift and Membership Card for Faithful Members, and a Welcome Pack for Formation and Fulhamites,
    opportunities to enjoy discounted match tickets at Craven Cottage,
    retail offers and exclusive competitions across the season,
    all the latest Fulham information direct to your inbox.

New for this season, adult Faithful Members will also be able to redeem £5 off all home league match tickets!*

Membership is priced at just £5 for Formation and Fulhamites, with Faithful Membership £30.

There's never been a better time to get behind the team and sign up - Membership is available to buy now online, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (opt. 2) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/19/membership-on-sale

WhiteJC

Glasgow Rangers may regret missing out on signing Kevin McDonald

Ibrox side Glasgow Rangers almost signed Kevin McDonald last summer from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Glasgow Rangers may regret not making a move for Kevin McDonald last summer, as his value has increased hugely over the past season.

Rangers were linked heavily with McDonald last summer, after Wolverhampton Wanderers made him available.

Mark Warburton's side were keen to bring the midfielder to Ibrox, after McDonald was forced to train with Wolves' youngsters.

However, Rangers baulked at Wolves' £1 million asking price - and the midfielder ended up moving to Fulham (Express and Star).

McDonald has re-found his top form since moving to Craven Cottage, and his performances have attracted admiring glances.

The Scottish international is now interesting a range of teams, but Fulham have slapped a £7 million price-tag on the midfielder (Get West London).

With that sort of growth in value, Rangers will almost certainly look back at the potential transfer with some regret that they didn't push it through.

McDonald's quality could have been key for Rangers over the past season, and the profit they may have made on him this summer, could have been put towards bringing in new players for Pedro Caixinha.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/19/glasgow-rangers-may-regret-missing-out-on-signing-kevin-mcdonald/

WhiteJC

Daniel Levy's Imaginary Shortlist: Ryan Sessegnon

He's 17 and is already an established first team player in the Championship. He's a star in waiting and Spurs should sign him.

Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images

We at Cartilage Free Captain do transfer rumors often, and we do them well. But sometimes it's worth doing a deeper dive into Tottenham Hotspur's transfer targets, so we're bringing back a series from a couple of years ago — Daniel Levy's Imaginary Shortlist. These are players that Spurs have either been linked to in the transfer window, or sometimes who they should be linked to as the club tries to improve to challenge for a Premier League title.

Up first: Fulham's teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon.

The Basics

Name: Ryan Sessegnon
Team: Fulham
League: EFL Championship
Primary position: Left Back
Can also play: Left Attacking Midfielder

Ryan Sessegnon is The Next Big Thing™ in English football. He's a teenager who has been exceptional as a contributor for a Championship club that made the promotion playoffs this past season. There's a palpable buzz around him and for very good reason. He was heavily courted by both Tottenham and Liverpool, but the Reds recently backed off their pursuit of him, leaving Spurs ostensibly as the front-runners for his signature.

The Specifics

Sessegnon's primary characteristic is his blistering pace. The dude is super fast, which makes him a particularly tasty option up the left flank. He wants the ball and isn't afraid to go straight at defenders. He also has the technical ability to dribble past them.

You might remember that Spurs played (and beat) Fulham in the FA Cup this past season, and it was notable that when Sessegnon came on as a substitute it happened to correspond with one of the better periods of play for the Cottagers. He didn't exactly torch Kieran Trippier in the match, but neither did he look especially outmatched.

Here's Sessegnon's radar from Stats Bomb, which looks a little like a manta ray:

Sessegnon isn't an all-around player yet, and his radar reflects that. However, it does touch upon the areas in which he excels, even if those performances came against Championship-caliber clubs. And if you'd rather see him in action, here's a highlight video of his play from last season.

But what makes him particularly exciting as a potential addition to a Mauricio Pochettino side is his willingness to press. Sessegnon has a really good motor and a high work rate, and isn't afraid to close down defenders when asked. Right now he has a pretty slight frame and he's not going to be outmuscling Premier League players anytime soon. Consequently, his defense relies on his football intelligence and good positioning rather than scrapping with bigger, older forwards. That said, he's only 17.

In fact, his play reminds me just a little of a young Welsh fullback that used to play for us, and much like Gareth Bale, Sessegnon's future probably isn't at left back. Sessegnon is already comfortable playing higher up the pitch as a left sided attacking midfielder, and as good as he is as a fullback that's probably where his long term future lies.

However, despite all that promise, Sessegnon should still be considered a player for the future, and not necessarily for the present. Not every player can blitz into the side from the lower leagues like Dele Alli, and it's likely that Ryan would start the season behind both Danny Rose and Ben Davies. Depending on Rose's health, there would even be the possibility of loaning Sessegnon back to Fulham or another club for a year to get an extra season of first team football, much like Spurs did with Alli.

The Verdict

Likely price: ~£300k, but with a huge caveat. Sessegnon hasn't yet signed a professional contract, and Fulham desperately wanted him to do that so they could slap a huge transfer fee on him. That appears unlikely, and according to the Elite Player Performance Plan (which replaced player tribunals), Fulham are now likely to be shafted if he decides to leave. Often in cases like these, the player will wait for a while to see if there are interested clubs that will pay him good wages before making a decision.

Chances that the valuation is wrong: Distinctly possible. There's an argument, espoused here by SB Nation's Fulham blog Cottagers Confidential, that Sessegnon, who may currently be on a schoolboy scholarship contract, might not be available to transfer out of Fulham until he turns 18 thanks to FA regulations. Even if this is the case, there are ways to force the issue, or Spurs and Fulham can come up with their own agreement. It's super confusing and nobody's really sure what it all means. In short, he could either cost peanuts, or substantially more. Right now, we don't know.

Team's willingness to sell: Fulham doesn't WANT to sell Sessegnon, but they know there's no way they can keep a talent like his indefinitely. Since he's refusing to sign a contract at Craven Cottage, it's now virtually certain that he will be sold, and to a very good club.

Fit at Tottenham Hotspur: Very good. He perfectly fits the mold of the fast, attacking fullback that Pochettino has preferred, and his ceiling is ridiculous. Left back is his current position, but it's quite possible that it won't be his permanent one, which makes him a potential multi-positional player, and Pochettino LOVES those.

Possibility he ends up at Spurs: Likely, but not certain. It's thought that Spurs have taken the pole position for his transfer after Liverpool cooled their interest, but the rumors have gone quiet the past few months and there's still rumors that Manchester United want him too. He's probably asking for big wages for a 17 year old, which he also probably deserves. Don't count your chickens, etc. This probably won't be decided until July.

Grade if this transfer goes through: A. This is a no-brainer. While he's untested at the Premier League level, Sessegnon is a future star, and the eventual long term successor to Danny Rose. There's also the chance that as he ages and develops he turns into Gareth Bale 2.0. This is a huge get for Spurs if they can land him, and even if he starts out behind Rose and Davies, the club should do everything it can to make sure he's wearing lilywhite by the start of next season.

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2017/6/19/15828914/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-news-rumors-daniel-levys-imaginary-shortlist-ryan-sessegnon

filham

Happy birthday Brian McBride a real crowd pleaser and one of my all time favourites. You could always rely on  100% effort from Brian, never a bad game.