watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kalas and Piazon

Started by Whitesideup, June 20, 2017, 07:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Am I missing something? Haven't been on the site much recently, but Chelski supporter telling me that Kalas and Piazon are going to be loaned to Hull whose Russian owner is a mate of Abramowiz. Please someone tell me we are not losing Kalas. Piazon ok squad player. Kakas is key.

Milo

Papers believe the same.

Find it hard to believe the player would want to move to Hull for a season rather than live at home here but..

westcliff white

not sure it is the players choice either, apparently Kalas liked a post on instagram saying surely Fulham over Hull.

But if Chelsea dont accept any loan or permanent move bid from anyone else not a lot we can do. Also apparently quoting us more than they are Hull
Every day is a Fulham day

Andy S

It's not a disaster but it's not ideal either but money speaks loudest and if we do not own a player that is what it is

AlexW132

May mean little but Kalas has been liking loads of comments on Instagram telling him to stay at Fulham and that Hull's a dump.

Fulham76

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 20, 2017, 09:01:48 AM
May mean little but Kalas has been liking loads of comments on Instagram telling him to stay at Fulham and that Hull's a dump.

That should go down well with Hull fans

grandad

How much would it take for Kalas to buy out of his contract. Players have done this before. It is only his salary for the rest of the contract I think.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

As far as I recall when this became a hot topic quite a while back to be able to buy out a contract the player must be outside the 'protected' period of the contract (first 3 years for a player of Kalas's age).  However the contract holding club must be compensated for the buy-out in view of the inconvenience / damage caused via the player and/or the 'new' club. 

The alternative ways of negotiating would be via a transfer request or the 'new' club making a bid. Both require the consent of the current contract holder to make an impact on matters.  Hence the feeling in some places that Kalas is 'lost' to us.   But, in football, you never know.

Logicalman

Toshe, quite correct. Here is an article on the idea of players 'buying the contract out' .. https://www.theguardian.com/football/charles-russell-sports-law-blog/2014/jan/20/rooney-cabaye-buy-out-contracts-premeier-league

The basis of the CAS ruling was that the protected period is 3 years for players under 28 (when they sign the contract) and 2 years thereafter, thus, a player can effectively unilaterally terminate his contract at the end of a season without just cause though this will attract a financial penalty, dealt with under FIFA Regulations Article 17 ss1 "In all cases, the party in breach shall pay compensation. Subject to the provisions of article 20 and Annexe 4 in relation to training compensation, and unless otherwise provided for in the contract, compensation for the breach shall be calculated with due consideration for the law of the country concerned, the specificity of sport, and any other objective criteria. These criteria shall include, in particular, the remuneration and other benefits due to the player under the existing contract and/or the new contract, the time remaining on the existing contract up to a maximum of five years, the fees and expenses paid or incurred by the former club (amortised over the term of the contract) and whether the contractual breach falls within a protected period."

The interesting part comes in Article 15 though: "An established professional who has, in the course of the season, appeared in fewer than ten per cent of the official matches in which his club has been involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the ground of sporting just cause. Due consideration shall be given to the player's circumstances in the appraisal of such cases. The existence of a sporting just cause shall be established on a caseby-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed, though compensation may be payable. A professional may only terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last official match of the season of the club with which he is registered."

How does that last Article affect On-Loan players then? Is the club taking the loan considered the 'club' being an extension of the actual club that owns his registration?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Does any of this mean we can't put in an offer to buy him ?
If we want him that bad surely that is by far the best action.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ToodlesMcToot

I'm only going off what others have said here....his "liking" of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and whichever posts could mean that a deal with Fulham is in the works or even complete. May be unable to comment until the club feel the time is right for announcing.

He seems a fairly smart person, why insult Hull when there's even a chance he'd be going there? I think he'll sign for us.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

bobbo

It's not actually a question of losing him ---- we don't have him ---- he's a Chelsea player.
BUT  it would be nice to get him.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Chutney

I'm sure the club have other options, if Kalas and Piazon are going to cost over the odds we will look elsewhere, we shouldn't let that lot down the road hold us to ransom.
C O Y W

aaronmcguigan

there are countless amounts of youngsters within Chelsea, united, city , arsenal etc, even the like of West Brom and Everton have promising youth. Kalas was fantastic but if he's not coming , there's plenty of even short term deals we can do. Look at the u21 tournament on now and the u20 one just finished. Many of them aren't regulars and big clubs would jump at sending their youth out to develop with our brand.

Obviously the preference is to develop our own but we've always made use of the loan market forstop gaps or short term youth players , from Inamoto to Montella, Kalas to Okaka, we need to be smart about who we bring in. Those tournament players will be in demand so we need to make a move

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: grandad on June 20, 2017, 10:53:21 AM
How much would it take for Kalas to buy out of his contract. Players have done this before. It is only his salary for the rest of the contract I think.

Now there are twitter "reports" of Kalas refusing Hull transfer and preparing to buy out his contract. I think you need a royalty.

Curtis‏
@curtis_heard4
Follow
More
Kalas refuses to go to Hull. He is even prepared to buy himself out of contract to stay at Fulham. #FulhamFC #FFC
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 20, 2017, 04:23:18 PM
there are countless amounts of youngsters within Chelsea, united, city , arsenal etc, even the like of West Brom and Everton have promising youth. Kalas was fantastic but if he's not coming , there's plenty of even short term deals we can do. Look at the u21 tournament on now and the u20 one just finished. Many of them aren't regulars and big clubs would jump at sending their youth out to develop with our brand.

Obviously the preference is to develop our own but we've always made use of the loan market forstop gaps or short term youth players , from Inamoto to Montella, Kalas to Okaka, we need to be smart about who we bring in. Those tournament players will be in demand so we need to make a move

Ah yeah but and imho only. A reliance on loan players in key positions puts us in the position we may find ourselves in if Kalas is not available. The other signings for his role became the disappeared ones such was his consistency and lets face it being on the Chelsea books he would be expected to be a better player than some of the 'disappeared'. The key positions need to be proper signings with everything to gain from promotion, top six or even simply just excelling for their own benefit. If we become a nursery club we could be rebuilding every year we don't make promotion. I would like to think that over the summer our first team squad of fourteen comes from permanent signings or from within the Club.

Yeah okay it is a bit hot................

Fulham76

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 20, 2017, 05:02:38 PM

Now there are twitter "reports" of Kalas refusing Hull transfer and preparing to buy out his contract. I think you need a royalty.

Curtis‏
@curtis_heard4
Follow
More
Kalas refuses to go to Hull. He is even prepared to buy himself out of contract to stay at Fulham. #FulhamFC #FFC

Now that's loyalty & commitment to Fulham, if true. Almost unheard of.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Fulham76 on June 20, 2017, 06:28:49 PM

Curtis‏
@curtis_heard4
Follow
More

Now that's loyalty & commitment to Fulham, if true. Almost unheard of.

Yes - good point. I think it's half Fulham (and the players), half Jokanovic. You can see he's building this unit to win not just here, but to be competitive in the Premiership as well.
I hope to see Kalas in a Fulham shirt next year. I hope they still sign another CB to compete with Ream for starting partner.

toshes mate

Quote from: bobbo on June 20, 2017, 03:24:01 PM
It's not actually a question of losing him ---- we don't have him ---- he's a Chelsea player.
You make the one crucial point.  One would hope that whatever Chelsea do with Kalas it will be for footballing reasons and not for any other reason.  Chelsea can determine to loan him out again, sell him, or put him in one of their squads.  It is possible that SJ may have some leverage with Chelsea from his history there. 

cmg

Curtis‏
@curtis_heard4
Follow
More

That would be an impressively bold move...getting on the wrong side of Abramovich.

"Hello, Tomas."
"Hello, Mr A. Is that a Kalashnikov in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?....Oh, you're not pleased to see me...Sooo, I guess that would be another Kalashnikov in your other pocket?"