westcliff white

its a tough opening 8 games or so and our run in is a tough one too
Every day is a Fulham day

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

westcliff white

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 21, 2017, 09:06:08 AM
5-0 last time that happened
i thought that was th elast game of the season or was that 6-0. my memory is going these days lol

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: westcliff white on June 21, 2017, 09:07:20 AM
i thought that was th elast game of the season or was that 6-0. my memory is going these days lol

6-0 was on the last day of the season. The last time we opened against Norwich it was 5-0. http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2012_2013/league/home/norwich-city
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Woolly Mammoth

It's a tough 46 match program.
23 teams standing in our way.
That's the challenge, and we must meet it head on.
The club now know the pathway to the promised land, and should be well prepared to overcome all obstacles.
No excuses, just make sure we have a team well prepared.
Canaries are as good as anyone to start with, and I am glad we have The Royals early, it's back to the scene of the crime, revenge will be sweet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Strange how we have fellow promotion candidates in the first month. It doesn't matter when we play them though they all need to be beaten

ffc73

Santa covers some ground at Christmas but we give him a run for his money.  Go west to Cardiff on Boxing Day then east 4 days later to Hull.  Thanks Fixture Computer. 

davew

Really going to be a tough August, 5 very difficult matches and no gimmies! Our season could be defined by how many points we manage from those games.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

westcliff white

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 21, 2017, 09:08:59 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 21, 2017, 09:07:20 AM

6-0 was on the last day of the season. The last time we opened against Norwich it was 5-0. http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2012_2013/league/home/norwich-city
as i said wasnt sur eif that was the 5-0 or 6-0 on last game of the season, we always seem to have games every now and again against Norwich where we score a few

Woolly Mammoth

I don't look at it being one months matches that defines anything. No more than I do regarding the first quarter of an hour of a match.
It's the first 90 mins that are the most important, just as the first 46 League matches are the most important.
Last Season Newcastle lost their first match and won the Championship.
Fulham won their first match and are back to square one.

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

The 1st 4 games are difficult to predict as all teams will have various numbers of new players that will have to bed in. This is why we have to sign new players sooner rather than later.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SP

I was so happy after that performance.  Does my memory serve me correct that we then sold Dembele & Dempsey the following week?

filham

With Reading and Wednesday in the first four fixtures it is looking like a re run of the play offs. A tough start for us.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 21, 2017, 09:21:43 AM
I don't look at it being one months matches that defines anything. No more than I do regarding the first quarter of an hour of a match.
It's the first 90 mins that are the most important, just as the first 46 League matches are the most important.
All true but at the end of the season three points from the first match can be as important as three points from the final match,  So lets hope we have our team sorted well before August, we can't afford to be waiting for that new striker to arrive when we are four or five games into the season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on June 21, 2017, 09:57:18 AM
With Reading and Wednesday in the first four fixtures it is looking like a re run of the play offs. A tough start for us.

and for them, it's not always the obvious teams that need to be wary of, it's the Wolves and the Birmingham City's that lie in wait. Where we may drop points unnecessarily.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Absolutely agree with all those who say it really doesn't matter when you play a game.  Only the result matters and we proved, in the second half of last season, that we are capable of beating anybody in the Championship.   We just need to start every game as we mean to finish, as runaway Championship winners.   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on June 21, 2017, 10:02:45 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 21, 2017, 09:21:43 AM
All true but at the end of the season three points from the first match can be as important as three points from the final match,  So lets hope we have our team sorted well before August, we can't afford to be waiting for that new striker to arrive when we are four or five games into the season.

Exactly 👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

Fulhamfan666

Difficult, but we can do it.

COYW !

Any idea when tickets go on sale?

dannyboi-ffc

Don't underestimate the impact a good start creates. Momentum is everything. So it's vital we get our players in earlier and are ready to hit the ground running.

The fact we were always playing catch up cost us in the end. The players seemed to run out of steam whereas Reading and Huddersfield costed into the playoffs and rested players in April/May.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging