watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow contract extension

Started by Lighthouse, June 23, 2017, 12:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

The Club is pleased to confirm that an option to extend Cauley Woodrow's contract by an additional year has been taken, keeping him at Fulham until the summer of 2019.

Speaking about the extension Woodrow was delighted to be prolonging his stay at the Club.

"It's a nice feeling to be rewarded for going out on loan and doing quite well, then getting called up for the England U21's and coming to the Euros and to then have the Club taking up that option, I am really pleased," said Woodrow.

"I only had a year left on my current contract when I went on loan so it was obviously in my head to do as well as I could to try and get my option taken up so when I found out the Club were going ahead with that I did feel rewarded.

"The plan for me now is to hopefully break into the Fulham team and play more regularly than I have done in the past and really push on."

The striker has been at the Club for some time now and is pleased he can make more memories at a place that means so much to him.

"I had just turned 16 when I first signed for Fulham, so I've been here seven years.

"I love it at the Club, I've been here a long time, I know the Club, I know everyone here. Hopefully I can push on a do as well as I can."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

f321ffc

Fulham Football Club @FulhamFC
·
1m

📝 We are pleased to announce the Club has taken the option to extend Cauley Woodrow's contract. 👏
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Woolly Mammoth

Splendid news 👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Interesting turn of events,glad for cauley and must think in with a chance of prooving himself to joka.

Nero

waiting for the " this means we aren't singing a striker" replies

westcliff white

Quote from: Nero on June 23, 2017, 12:29:46 PM
We dont need a singing striker lol.

Hopefully this means SJ jas seen something in him he likes, he had a year left and then an option, on our side, so it is good it is done early, so hopefully he can push on.

I would hate to think we have done this just because we are light up front
Every day is a Fulham day

Artful Dodger

I would rather have had Woodrow that Martin after Christmas last season. Woodrow is an honest player but needs to prove he can not only hold the ball up but score goals and i for one hope he gets the chance and takes it.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

westcliff white

Quote from: Artful Dodger on June 23, 2017, 12:35:48 PM
I would rather have had Woodrow that Martin after Christmas last season. Woodrow is an honest player but needs to prove he can not only hold the ball up but score goals and i for one hope he gets the chance and takes it.
Think we all echo that. he needs to take the chances given now

f321ffc

Sod the singing striker, let's hope we can sign a goal scoring striker.:)
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Southcoastffc

Fingers crossed for him - and by implication for us - that this season really sees him do the business.  He runs the risk of being a nearly man.  Even now with the England U21s he's in the squad but, unless I've missed it, hasn't yet played and has had only a handful of games at that level.  C'mon Cauley, crack on!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

westcliff white

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 23, 2017, 12:57:41 PM
Fingers crossed for him - and by implication for us - that this season really sees him do the business.  He runs the risk of being a nearly man.  Even now with the England U21s he's in the squad but, unless I've missed it, hasn't yet played and has had only a handful of games at that level.  C'mon Cauley, crack on!
he playe din the 2nd game coming on in the 88th minute, but such a short appearance didnt have time to make an impact.

cmg

Quote from: westcliff white on June 23, 2017, 12:59:25 PM
he playe din the 2nd game coming on in the 88th minute, but such a short appearance didnt have time to make an impact.

He's had 9 outings for the u21s (including the other evening's couple of minutes). Total of 503 minutes. 3 goals at a respectable 1/168 min. (By definition you can't play much more than 'a handful of games' at any age group level!)
Also 3 goals in 5 u20 appearances.

nose

I am pleased and hope he gets his chance properly.

However, and everyone knows I really like woodrow, we still need another 'proper' striker (even two if you know where to find them!). whether it is a name or a lesser known player I do not really mind as long as they can convert the scrappy goals/headed goals. last season we scored a phenomenal number of beautiful goals and that was wonderful, if we can add 'ordinary goals' from a classic striker that will surely be a big bonus!

Woolly Mammoth

Renewing Cauley Woodrows contract is a plus in my book, for the player and the club. I hope he gets his chance, and if he does, I hope he takes it. But he needs a run of games like any player, especially a striker. But whatever happens it's another string to our bow.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

This seems a rational thing to do whether or not we plan to keep him.  Not sure I'm any the wiser on that.  But it gives a hard-trier the certainty of an extra years guaranteed income, so I'm pleased for him.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: cmg on June 23, 2017, 01:17:15 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 23, 2017, 12:59:25 PM

He's had 9 outings for the u21s (including the other evening's couple of minutes). Total of 503 minutes. 3 goals at a respectable 1/168 min. (By definition you can't play much more than 'a handful of games' at any age group level!)
Also 3 goals in 5 u20 appearances.
Well, perhaps it's an unfair comparison but Nathan Redmond and Nathan Chalobah have both played over 30 times for the U21s.
I'm not knocking CW, I really hope he does wel,l but I'm pointing out that he might be one of those many young players whose full potential is never realised.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ToodlesMcToot

Great news! Had it my mind that no one was really ever going to rate him and let him have his chance. Seems, now, that he'll get it.  049:gif
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

Quote from: westcliff white on June 23, 2017, 12:32:38 PM
We dont need a singing striker lol.

I used to be a singing winger, but now I'm just a whinging sinner.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

davew

Quote from: Statto on June 23, 2017, 03:22:04 PM
I both expect and hope he's on the same wages he was aged 17, i.e. Very little, otherwise this is a waste of money. Has shown little or no promise at this level imo, failing even to make burton's team some weeks. We still need 2 strikers and if we want to go up Woodrow cannot be better than 5th choice behind those two, Ayite and Kebano.
Agree with you Statto, this news doesn't inspire me at all, sorry! Seems 1 way of saving spending money on a more talented and badly needed striker.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

@jolslover

Yeah not too happy about this. Although I think it is probably so we can demand a higher fee off Burton and other champ clubs!. Like Woodrow but don't think he will be useful in the short term.
STH H3