watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Away games with children

Started by flyingfish, June 23, 2017, 03:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingfish

My 7 year old would like me to take her to an away game this season for some quality daddy daughter time. Does anyone have any views on where would be a good ground to take her that would not be unfriendly to an innocent kid and without having to sit on a train for too long. Or would club coach be a good bet with a kid? Wednesday?  Forest? Any ideas? Would be my first away trip as well.

AlexW132

Quote from: flyingfish on June 23, 2017, 03:51:40 PM
My 7 year old would like me to take her to an away game this season for some quality daddy daughter time. Does anyone have any views on where would be a good ground to take her that would not be unfriendly to an innocent kid and without having to sit on a train for too long. Or would club coach be a good bet with a kid? Wednesday?  Forest? Any ideas? Would be my first away trip as well.
Ipswich would be good, given that there isn't usually any antics.

Harry Bayles

one of the first away games I took my 2 was Aston Villa, been there several times never had any problems

cmg

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 23, 2017, 04:07:08 PM
Quote from: flyingfish on June 23, 2017, 03:51:40 PM
Ipswich would be good, given that there isn't usually any antics.

Ipswich would seem ideal. Direct train journey just over the hour, ground near station, reasonably friendly.
In fact, looking at the fixture list, there's not much else. Derby is easy to get to - but we don't like them, do we?

dannyboi-ffc

Wycombe in the cup was a good starter for my daughter a couple of seasons ago, just before her 8th birthday. Not a massive crowd and in the school holidays so not sure if the evening kick-off is still a problem? We drove and parked 10mins from the ground. Parking is a bit of an issue though.

Norwich or Ipswich would be do-able. It's a shame we lost Brighton really.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ffc73

I took my 3x boys, all under 10 at the time, to Wycombe in the Micky Adams days. Blistering hot day and the stewards confiscated their juice / water bottles. Would not even allow the drinks to be taken in without lids on. Still annoys me now. Need to move on.

To answer your question. Villa. Premiership ground, big crowd & atmosphere & friendly natives.

Or the other extreme. Small ground with a terrace to stand on. Burton Albion

Go far it & do both for the comparison

flyingfish

Thanks all. Her grandad is a villa supporter and joins us at the cottage so she'd enjoy that. Cheers.

Carborundum

I was impressed with the family-friendly approach of the helpful stewards at Brentford.  Good view from the top deck too.  But navigating to the loos at half time was a battle - nothing to do with our fans, just the layout of the ground itself, which in lots of other respects is very good

AlexW132

Quote from: Carborundum on June 23, 2017, 07:05:16 PM
I was impressed with the family-friendly approach of the helpful stewards at Brentford.  Good view from the top deck too.  But navigating to the loos at half time was a battle - nothing to do with our fans, just the layout of the ground itself, which in lots of other respects is very good
Also worth mentioning that if she ever wants to go to Griffin Park then she'd better sooner rather than later

Burt

Burt Jr's first away game was v. Pompey, great escape game!! Some introduction.

glenhodgso

Agree about Villa - although you can be some way from the action.

Burton is a lovely place with 7,200 capacity and great fans - you'd be ok with sitting in the 'main stand' too if the idea of standing at the away end didn't appeal.

Bolton will be fun also....