more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (24/06/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 24, 2017, 07:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham continue to pursue Chelsea defender, despite interest from Hull City

According to Get West London, Fulham remain hopeful of signing Chelsea's Tomas Kalas, despite the defender edging closer to a move to Sky Bet Championship rivals, Hull City.

Hull have had a bid accepted for the Czech international, with the links between Leonid Slutsky and Chelsea's owner, Roman Abramovich, playing a significant role in the deal.

However, Fulham and Slavisa Jokanovic remain hopeful of securing Kalas' signature this summer, with the defender's preference a move to Craven Cottage.

The 24-year old has been with Chelsea since 2010, but has made just four senior appearances for the Blues in that time, spending time out on-loan with a host of clubs over the last seven seasons – including Fulham.

Jokanovic and Fulham benefitted from Kalas' service last season in the Championship, with the defender making 40 appearances across all competitions for the Cottagers, as they finished sixth in the table and were defeated by Reading in the play-off semi-final.

Fulham are unable to match what Hull are willing to pay for Kalas, but Jokanovic is hopeful that the 24-year old's desire to stay in London with his side, will see him snub a move to the KCOM Stadium and make the switch to Craven Cottage.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-continue-to-pursue-chelsea-defender-despite-interest-from-hull-city/

WhiteJC

FA End Betting Sponsorship

Late yesterday afternoon, the Football Association announced the result of its three month review of their relationship with gambling companies and that association now comes to an end.

With Joey Barton criticising the FA for their ties to betting, the FA insisted the review of the relationships held with various bookmakers was already on the cards, but many were interested in how it would play out in reality.

Well, with chief executive Martin Glenn thanking Ladbrokes for its 'professionalism and understanding' of the FA's change of policy, their long standing deal has now been terminated.

The FA and betting companies will continue to work with each other when it comes to sharing information to identify suspect betting patterns but that now will be as far as it goes and in doing so, it's expected the FA will take a hit of around £4million per year in sponsorship revenue.

There is however, as of yet, no mandate from the FA that member clubs should now address their own individual relationships with gambling companies with 11 Premier League teams last season wearing betting logos on their shirts, and of course the EFL's title sponsor is Sky Bet.

You would expect pressure to increase in that direction though, as there may around the saturation of gambling advertisements via broadcast programming.

The decision was made at May's board meeting and all sponsorship arrangements with gambling companies will now end at Football Association level.

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=495789#ixzz4ktiTkL30

WhiteJC

Former Burton Albion loanees have contrasting fortunes at European U21 Championships

Cauley Woodrow (left) and Lasse Vigen Christensen made big impacts on loan at Burton Albion

Former Burton Albion loan pair Cauley Woodrow and Lasse Vigen Christensen endured contrasting fortunes in their latest European Under-21 Championship matches.

Woodrow's England strolled into the competition's semi-finals for the first time since 2009 by beating hosts Poland 3-0 on Thursday night in their final group game, while Denmark captain Christensen saw his side's exit confirmed after two games with a 3-0 loss to Germany.

Fulham striker Woodrow - who scored five goals in 14 games on loan with Albion last term - had featured as a late substitute in the victory over Slovakia earlier in the week, but he was not called upon against the Poles.

Demarai Gray curled in a fine early opener for Aidy Boothroyd's side, with Jacob Murphy then giving the Young Lions some breathing space after 69 minutes.

A late Lewis Baker penalty - won by Tammy Abraham - made sure of the points and sent England into the semi-finals.

Christensen's Denmark, however, won't be in the last four. They still have one game to play, but back-to-back defeats to Italy and Germany leave them bottom of Group C without a point to their name.

Former Albion loan midfielder Christensen started again for the Danes as captain as they held their own for the first half against the Germans on Thursday.

Lasse Vigen Christensen captained Denmark in their 3-0 defeat to Germany

But Davie Selke opened the scoring just after the break, before Marc-Oliver Kempf and Madiem Amiri then finding the net to secure a comprehensive win for Germany.

Read more at http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/former-burton-albion-loanees-have-contrasting-fortunes-at-european-u21-championships/story-30406055-detail/story.html#fkFIQEWEjuMwKAH4.99

WhiteJC

Woodrow Extension

The Club is pleased to confirm that an option to extend Cauley Woodrow's contract by an additional year has been taken, keeping him at Fulham until the summer of 2019.

Speaking about the extension Woodrow was delighted to be prolonging his stay at the Club.

"It's a nice feeling to be rewarded for going out on loan and doing quite well, then getting called up for the England U21's and coming to the Euros and to then have the Club taking up that option, I am really pleased," said Woodrow.

"I only had a year left on my current contract when I went on loan so it was obviously in my head to do as well as I could to try and get my option taken up so when I found out the Club were going ahead with that I did feel rewarded.

"The plan for me now is to hopefully break into the Fulham team and play more regularly than I have done in the past and really push on."

The striker has been at the Club for some time now and is pleased he can make more memories at a place that means so much to him.

"I had just turned 16 when I first signed for Fulham, so I've been here seven years.

"I love it at the Club, I've been here a long time, I know the Club, I know everyone here. Hopefully I can push on a do as well as I can."

Currently Woodrow is part of the England U21 squad that progressed to the semi-finals of the European Championships with a 3-0 win over the hosts Poland on Thursday night.

"Everyone is really pleased with making the semi-finals, we are moving hotels today and moving to Krakow because that is where the semi-finals will take place", he said.

"All the boys are really, really pleased and looking forward to the semi-finals. We aren't sure who we will get yet but it might be Germany so that would be a massive game.

"A lot of us have played in the England set-up for four years and at the last campaign, which was the Euros two years ago, most of the lads were involved in the build-up so we all know each other really well and when we do meet up it feels like we haven't really been away from each other so all the boys are really good and just looking forward to the semis."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/23/woodrow-extension

WhiteJC

Hull to rival Fulham to signing of Chelsea's international centre back

The Hull Daily Mail understands that Hull City are to told talks with Tomas Kalas over a possible deal to bring the player to the club. The Chelsea centre back impressed out on loan in the Championship with Fulham last season, who also remain keen on re-signing him.

The 24-year-old Czech Republic international played a major role at Craven Cottage last season as he helped guide Fulham to the Sky Bet Championship play-offs. New Tigers manager Leonid Slutsky understands the important of adding more quality defensive options to his squad, especially on the back of Curtis Davies and Harry Maguire signing for Derby County and Leicester City respectively.

Andrea Ranocchia has also left the club after his loan deal expired, meaning Hull are desperately short at the back. Slutsky is hoping that his relationship with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich could lead to a few of Chelsea's players making their way to the KCOM Stadium on loan, which is the preferred type of deal Hull are looking for right now. It is unclear if Fulham want to push for a permanent move after he impressed in a temporary stint on a season-long loan.

Michael Dawson is the only actual senior central defender on the books at Hull right now, and even he has also been linked with a move away. Slutsky knows the qualities of Kalas, who himself may want to play under the former CSKA Moscow and Russia national team manager. On the flip side, he seemed very comfortable at Fulham last season, which geographically is obviously much closer to Chelsea, meaning he hasn't had to relocate.

http://the72.co.uk/84729/hull-fulham-chase-chelsea-defender/

WhiteJC

Fulham set to rival Newcastle United in the race to sign exciting forward

According to Get West London, Fulham have tabled a bid to sign Braga's Rui Fonte this summer, and are set to rival Premier League-bound Newcastle United for his signature.

Slavisa Jokanovic is looking to bolster his Fulham squad this summer, with hope he can lead the club back to the Premier League, having fallen agonisingly short of a top-flight return last season, when they lost in the play-off semi-final.

Fonte has been identified as a target for the Cottagers, who have now made a bid for the Braga forward.

The 27-year old only joined Braga permanently ahead of the 2016/17 season, but he has impressed over the last 12-months, scoring 11 league goals from 26 appearances in the Primeira Liga, as Braga finished fifth.

Fulham are not the only English club in the race to sign Fonte, with Rafa Benitez keen to take the forward to St James' Park this summer.

Newcastle are preparing for their Premier League return, after just one season back in the Championship, and Benitez will likely add to his attacking options over the course of the summer.

Dwight Gayle was first choice last season, supported by Aleksandar Mitrovic and Daryl Murphy. However, the latter is expected to leave St James' Park this summer, leaving the Magpies short in attack.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-set-to-rival-newcastle-united-in-the-race-to-sign-exciting-forward/

WhiteJC

Report: Hull set to sign £5m Chelsea man as Fulham look to miss out

Hull to start talks with Chelsea defender and Fulham target, Tomas Kalas.

Hull City are confident of making Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas their first summer signing as they prepare for talks with the 24-year-old, reports the Hull Daily Mail.

New Tigers head coach Leonid Slutsky is keen to tie up a deal for Kalas as soon as possible, after so many defensive departures from the KCOM Stadium since the end of the 2016/17 season.

Harry Maguire has joined Leicester City in a fee the BBC reported to be £17m, while Curtis Davies has left for Derby County and Andrea Ranocchia will return to Inter Milan when his loan finishes at the end of this month.

Fulham were keen to bring Kalas back to Craven Cottage after the centre-back impressed while on loan over the past 12 months, but look set to be disappointed.

That is largely attributed to the fact that Slutsky is a friend of Blues owner Roman Abramovich and made no hesitation in contacting his fellow Russian for help in the transfer market.

While a £5m fee has been quoted for Kalas, it seems that Hull are leaning more towards favouring a season-long loan for the Czech Republic international.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/23/report-hull-set-to-sign-5m-chelsea-man-as-fulham-look-to-miss-ou/

WhiteJC

From Portugal: Fulham have offer for Fonte rejected, player hard to get

Fulham have reportedly had an offer for the Braga striker Rui Fonte turned down. According to O Jogo today, the Portuguese club have rejected several approaches for the player, and Fulham were the latest to make an attempt.

The newspaper claims that Fulham are working to build a strong team in order to get promotion next season, and Fonte was one of the main names on the list.

But Braga are pretty much focused on not selling the striker in this transfer window, and haven't even responded with a bigger price for the move to be completed.

The 27-year-old has scored 15 goals this season, and has been gaining much respect in the dressing room. After club legend Allan retired, Fonte is now being considered to be the  next captain.

That's why Braga will only sell the player for an offer they really can't refuse, although O Jogo doesn't seem to know how big this figure would have to be.

Fulham's Europe wide striker search continues.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/portugal-fulham-offer-fonte-rejected-player-hard-get/

WhiteJC

Former Fulham, Leicester City and Brighton & Hove Albion boss takes non-league role

Micky Adams 'will be an inspiration to both the players and the clubs' coaches' at Harborough Town.

Micky Adams at Fulham's Craven Cottage in 1996 (Photo: Daily Mirror)

Former Leicester City, Brighton & Hove Albion, Coventry City and Fulham boss Micky Adams has found a new job in non-league football -as the manager of ninth-tier club Harborough Town's U18s side.

The 55-year-old, who was born in Sheffield, will run the youth team for the Leicestershire-based United Counties League Premier Division club.

The ex-Southampton full-back's most recent Football League role ended in April 2015, when he parted company with Tranmere Rovers by mutual consent with the club then at the bottom of League Two.

A statement on the Market Harborough club's website said Adams "will be an inspiration to both the players and the club's coaches."

The statement reads: The club are delighted to announce that Micky Adams has joined the Bees. After a very successful career in football both as a player and as a manager, Micky has agreed to support Harborough Town develop its U18s youth players.

"As well as a successful playing career Micky managed Fulham, Brighton & Hove Albion, Leicester City, Coventry City, and Port Vale. He will be an inspiration to both the players and the clubs' coaches.
"In preparation to run the U18s mid week youth team for the coming season, Micky will be running three trials at Harborough Town. The trials are open to 15-17 years old."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-fulham-leicester-city-brighton-13229622

WhiteJC

Reports: Fulham have bid for former Arsenal and Crystal Palace striker rejected

Reports suggest Fulham have hit a set-back in their chase of striker Rui Fonte

Fulham have had a bid rejected by Portuguese club Braga for former Arsenal and Crystal Palace striker Rui Fonte, according to reports.

According to Portugal based newspaper O Jogo, Braga have rejected several approaches for the player, and Fulham were the latest to make an attempt.

Fonte, who can play at a forward or a winger, started his senior career at Arsenal, spending three years at the north London Premier League club, during which time he spent a spell on loan at Crystal Palace.

However, after leaving the Gunners in 2009, the Portuguese footballer returned to mainland Europe and has played for Sporting CP, Espanyol and Benfica before joining Braga in 2016 after a successful loan spell.

After scoring 11 goals in 30 appearances for Braga in the 2016-17 season, it is thought that Braga are not keen on parting with the 27-year-old.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reports-fulham-bid-former-arsenal-13230014

WhiteJC

Grenfell Tower fire: EFL clubs band together to donate £175,000 to victims

EFL clubs have been asked to contribute their share of the proceeds from the FA Community Shield alongside a significant donation from the themselves as well

EFL clubs have banded together to make a donation of £175,000 to show support to those affected by the tragic Grenfell Tower fire earlier this month

The football community has shown unity towards the cause and earlier today the FA announced their plans to raise £1.25 million for the victims by using the proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield between Arsenal and Chelsea at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 6th August.

EFL clubs have been asked to contribute their share of the proceeds from the FA Community Shield alongside a significant donation from the themselves as well.

EFL Chief Executive Shaun Harvey added: "First and foremost, loved ones have been lost and homes destroyed so our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected.

"Tributes must also be made to the emergency services who bravely risked their lives to save others.

"In donating funds from the 2017 FA Community Shield, the football family is coming together to make a significant commitment to the cause.

"Such compassion and commitment is testament to the good will within football and the values it maintains in supporting communities in their times of need."

The tragedy has touched the hearts of the nation including Queens Park Rangers' Director of Football, Les Ferdinand.

Loftus Road is only a mile away from the Grenfell Tower in West London, and the R's responded instantly to the tragedy by using Loftus Road as a collection point for donations, with Fulham also doing the same at Craven Cottage.

Huge fire engulfs the 24 story Grenfell Tower after cladding spreads flames (Photo: Getty Images Europe)

Ferdinand, a former England international, grew up near the tower blocks and he commended EFL clubs and the West London community for pulling together to show their support for those in need.

"It is fantastic to see all EFL clubs showing their support for all those affected," Ferdinand admitted.

"For me it is personal, as the tower is right next to the estate where I grew up. Everyone at QPR was shocked and saddened to see the tragic events unfold at Grenfell Tower, a mile away from Loftus Road.

"QPR, our owners, and everyone connected to the club immediately pulled together to offer our stadium as a collection point for donations, and we were inundated not just with food, clothing, bedding, toys and toiletries, but with dozens of volunteers to sort through it.

"I'm incredibly proud of the West London community response and would particularly like to thank the QPR fans and local residents who gave their time to help at the stadium.

"Earlier this week we sent several van loads of donations to where they are needed, and over the next few months and years we stand ready to help those people affected as they recover from the loss of their homes and their loved ones.

"For me, this is what it means for us to be a community club, and we will do whatever we can to help."

Both Brentford and Southampton have decided to donate any profit from the friendly between the two sides at Griffin Park on the 22 July to the Grenfell Towers Disaster Fund.

Mark Devlin, Brentford CEO, told the club's official website: "Firstly, I would like to add the sincere condolences of the club to those who have lost family and friends, our thoughts and prayers are with them.

"The club is situated relatively close to the site of the disaster, and we wanted to do something to support our community and those affected.

"Brentford is very much a community club and I'm delighted that Southampton have joined with us in donating the profits from the ticket sales of our friendly match.

"We also anticipate there will be other fundraising activities on the day and we hope that as many fans as possible will be able to attend the game, so that we can raise as much as possible."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grenfell-tower-fire-efl-clubs-13230597

WhiteJC

Speaker Says Visit Florida 'Cleaning Up Their Act' Amid Budget Criticism

TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) – Tourism marketing agency Visit Florida is apparently listening to state lawmakers' criticism over their handling of funds, according to House Speaker Richard Corcoran.

The agency has canceled an auto racing sponsorship and is negotiating for a better deal with an English football club.

"It's clear that Visit Florida has heard us loud and clear and are beginning the process of cleaning up their act and ceasing the waste of taxpayer money," Corcoran, R-Land O' Lakes, said in a statement Thursday.

During this year's regular legislative session, Corcoran was highly critical of Visit Florida spending and clashed with Gov. Rick Scott about the agency.

Among the more prominent complaints about Visit Florida was a $1 million deal with Miami rapper Pitbull, along with sponsorships of Fulham Football Club in England and the Visit Florida racing team.

Lawmakers during the regular session moved to cut Visit Florida's budget in 2017-2018 by two-thirds from the current fiscal year. But the funding was bumped up to $76 million — nearly matching the money in the current year — during a special session this month.

The bill (HB 1A) providing the money also will require Visit Florida contracts valued at $500,000 to be posted online. Contracts over $750,000 will have to go before the Joint Legislative Budget Commission and could be voided within 14 days by the House speaker or Senate president. The plan also caps salaries and imposes travel restrictions on Visit Florida employees.

"We are confident with the new oversight provisions that require House and Senate approval and complete transparency, we will be able to protect taxpayers," Corcoran said in the statement.

On June 2, before the bill was completed, the agency gave a 30-day cancellation notice to the team racing the "Visit Florida car."

Visit Florida Chief Financial Officer Nelson Mongiovi wrote in the notice of cancellation that "Visit Florida must make major changes in its strategic direction moving forward."

The $2.875 million contract — about $1 million has yet to be paid — is tied to the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season that concludes in October.

While the racing contract ends July 3, Visit Florida is looking to continue its overseas sponsorship of Fulham FC, a soccer club owned by Shahid "Shad" Khan.

Khan is a Naples resident who also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League and has been a political backer of Scott.

Visit Florida spokesman Stephen Lawson said in an email this week that the tourism agency wants "to receive more deliverables at a lower cost."

Visit Florida has been the main sponsor of Fulham the past two years, with the deal for the recently completed season costing the state agency $1.25 million.

As part of the deal, Visit Florida received signage rights at Fulham's home stadium Craven Cottage, including the agency's name appearing on the Riverside Stand roof that sits under the landing approach to London's Heathrow Airport.

(The News Service of Florida's Jim Turner contributed to this report.)

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/06/23/speaker-visit-florida-cleaning-up-act/

WhiteJC

Wycombe Fixture Confirmation

The Club can confirm that our Carabao Cup first round tie with Wycombe Wanderers will take place at Adams Park on Tuesday 8th August. The match will kick-off at 7:45pm.

Ticket information to follow on Monday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/23/carabao-cup-confirmation

WhiteJC

Fulham cup clash scheduled for Tuesday 8th August

Chairboys to face Fulham at Adams Park in Carabao Cup first round.

Wanderers' Carabao Cup first round tie against Fulham will be played at Adams Park on Tuesday 8th August (k.o. 7.45pm).

Ticket details will be announced early next week.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2017/june/fulham-cup-clash-scheduled-for-tuesday-8th-august/

WhiteJC

Revealed: The reason why Fulham have not launched their new 2017/18 kit yet

Sponsors Visit Florida are hoping to renew their contract, but want to pay less

Brentford and Queens Park Rangers have both launched their new kits in the last week, which must have left Fulham fans wondering when it would be their turn.

And the wait for the Whites fans could drag on a little further, too.

Get West London understands that the Craven Cottage outfit and current sponsors Visit Florida are haggling over price.

Visit Florida signed up to become the main shirt sponsors in 2015 and that deal was renewed for a second season last year.

However, no announcement has been forthcoming about the tourism company staying involved with the club for a third year.

Visit Florida are understood to have paid 1.25 million US dollars over the course of the year for the right to be the club's main sponsors, but it is Get West London's understanding that they are unwilling to pay the same amount again this year, when, given Fulham's fine season, the club could conceivably expect more.

Visit Florida are having to cut their cloth having agreed to a number of sponsorship deals, but they are keen to continue with Fulham.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-reason-fulham-not-launched-13231231

WhiteJC

The £3.4m-rated Fulham winger who'd be a superb first acquisition for Christiansen at Leeds United

These are changing times down at Leeds United and as Thomas Christiansen takes the reins at Elland Road, there is surely going to be changes afoot.

The former Spanish international has taken over the role as manager from Garry Monk after he left the club at the end of last season. He might have been a slightly left-wing choice of course but moving forward, it's a choice of manager that might pay off, just as it has done for other clubs at this level.

And moving forward, there have been plenty of questions asked by supporters as to what's going to be happening when it comes to potential transfer incomings, and we've not heard much from him just yet.

But there's one man we at the FLW think would be a superb addition to his current squad, and that's £3.4million-rated (as per Transfermarkt) Fulham winger Neeskens Kebano, who showed some superb signs of form last time out.

The Congolese winger made 39 appearances last season, scoring seven goals and assisting on three occasions too.

They might not be the most overwhelming figures in the world but he was a man that really took to Slavisa Jokanovic's style of football last season.

He was direct, impactful and fearless on the flank as the Cottagers shot towards the top six, falling at the final hurdle to eventual finalists Reading.

The Whites have got plenty of talent already in their ranks, but it was quite clear that last season they were just short of that little bit of quality that saw them slip out of the play-off places at the last minute.

Kebano is showing signs of a player that could be seriously effective at this level and there's absolutely no doubting that Fulham will be wanting to keep hold of him over the summer.

But with an ambitious appointment comes an ambitious future, and Christiansen is going to have to spend in order to bring success to Elland Road.

This would be a cracking start.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-3-4m-rated-fulham-winger-whod-be-a-superb-first-acquisition-for-christiansen-at-leeds-united/

WhiteJC

Fulham see bid for former Arsenal striker rejected

Fulham have had a bid for Braga's Rui Fonte rejected according to a report from Portuguese publication O Jogo via Get West London.

Even though the Cottagers did very well last season, reaching the Sky Bet Championship play-offs when not many expected them to do so, they were still lacking several key parts. Their replacement for the big losses of Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack was the loan signing of Chris Martin and he has now returned to the iPro Stadium at the end of his current deal. This means Fulham need a new striker and they have even been looking abroad to find their new goalscorer.

The player they have been linked to recently is Rui Fonte, who is currently playing for Braga and is coming off the back of a good season where he scored 11 goals in 30 appearances. While he has played most of his career in Portugal, he does have some experience of England having come through the Arsenal academy and having a loan spell with Crystal Palace where he made ten appearances though he didn't score during that spell.

And while Fulham were interested enough in signing Fonte that they made a bid for him, it is now believed that this offer has been turned down by Braga. The club seem very happy with what the 24-year-old, who can play on the wing as well as up front, did last season and they are under no pressure to sell him. So if the West London side really want to sign him, they will need to make a bigger bid next time around.

http://the72.co.uk/84786/fulham-see-bid-former-arsenal-striker-rejected/