watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do we want from the new season?

Started by Peabody, June 24, 2017, 10:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Apart from the obvious Fulham being promoted, I would like see from the broadcast and paper media, recognition that football exists outside of the Premier League and that more people play and watch football outside of the Premier League. Also football at the lower levels is a lot more entertaining. Finally, I hope that someone sees sense and takes away C hannel 5s pathetic attempt at broadcasting football.

epsomraver

Quote from: Peabody on June 24, 2017, 10:53:37 AM
Apart from the obvious Fulham being promoted, I would like see from the broadcast and paper media, recognition that football exists outside of the Premier League and that more people play and watch football outside of the Premier League. Also football at the lower levels is a lot more entertaining. Finally, I hope that someone sees sense and takes away C hannel 5s pathetic attempt at broadcasting football.
0001.jpeg

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I agree with what you say from start to finish, and there is not much more I can add to that statement.
Nevertheless I shall give it a try as I don't want to dissapointed you.
It's almost criminal the way the football pyramid is treated compared to the Premier League. With these self appointment condescending experts in general preaching holy than thou lectures.
Like when is the ball upside down, and polishing the egos of managers who only survive in the Premier because of a fat cheque book they can lean on.
I always remember a number of years ago, when I bumped into a Dagenham & Redbidge supporter at Euston RS, who was on his way to an away match somewhere in the North West.
After a quick pint in a bar together, just as we shook hands and went our separate ways.
I wished him good luck and said I admired his loyalty and enthusiasm, and said hopefully one day we can both be playing in the Premier together.
He replied, with a grin on his face, that he is happy anywhere in the Football League, as this is where the real football and genuine football supporters are.
It's the same when England play away, the club names on the England Flags of St George are generally from the Championship down to the Ryman League. That is where the heart beat is.
Very rarely do you see a Premier Club name on a flag.
So your right Peabody, whether it's the channel 5 amateurs or Talk Crap on 1089, or Sky whose presenters in general could not tell you the height of a crossbar.
They all need educating to where the real football is, and give it the proper coverage, as opposed to the Premier League where all the real money is, and that's what it all boils down to money.
But they are all good reasons why I support Mighty Fulham.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

I want to see more love for the owner from the fans.

Sgt Fulham

Our midfield trio to stay, that's all I care about. For me TC brings more to Fulham than his glaring class and Johansen and McDonald are brilliant players in their own regard that complement him perfectly. Hard to have a bad season with these 3.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes we nust keep those three midfielders and build on that by dotting the eyes, and crossing the tees.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes better and more consistent refereeing is a must, as the standard of referring has dramatically declined.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

More of the same from last season team wise,keeping all of our own players whilst adding somemore quality to ad more depth to the squad.
A song for our owner who is doing his best.
Not to many games moved for TV,travel from brighton more reliable.
Oh i forgot the transfer comitee ,khan kline & joka a new STRIKER or even 2 would be nice!

love4ffc

In the states BeIN Sports owns the rights to broadcast the EFL Championship.  I would like to see them broadcast more Fulham games.  I know they are only allowed to broadcast what games Sky Sports tells them, but it would still be nice to see Fulham.  Instead they seem to show either the big names like New Castle or teams like Blackburn. 

Perhaps Fulham will get their act together this season and add live coverage of home games via streaming FulhamTv. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: love4ffc on June 24, 2017, 05:06:27 PM
In the states BeIN Sports owns the rights to broadcast the EFL Championship.  I would like to see them broadcast more Fulham games.  I know they are only allowed to broadcast what games Sky Sports tells them, but it would still be nice to see Fulham.  Instead they seem to show either the big names like New Castle or teams like Blackburn. 

Perhaps Fulham will get their act together this season and add live coverage of home games via streaming FulhamTv.

This is from the notes of the most recent meeting between Fulham Supporters Trust and the club.

FULHAM FC TV
In response to a question from the Trust, CM stated that the Club was happy with the number of sign-ups they received for Fulham FC TV last season, having introduced the service in response to EFL rules last October. The Club had recruited several new members of their media and communications team to deliver greater content for the service over the coming months and two members of the team are currently in Norway filming a segment with former Fulham favourites Brede Hangeland and Erik Nevland. The Club is developing several potential pre-season features and are hoping to offer live streaming of this season's league fixtures for international subscribers
(CM is Carmelo Mifsud, Interim Communications and Media Director)

hovewhite

The EFL is so much more friendly for saturday football and when we are back in the PL will have to find a local team to watch on saturdays,when fulhams games are moved,and i for one was glad we were ignored a lot last season by murdochs mob!
Long may it continue.
Streaming to fulham tv i have no problems with for supporters outside of the uk.

love4ffc

Quote from: EastEndWhite on June 24, 2017, 05:15:07 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on June 24, 2017, 05:06:27 PM

This is from the notes of the most recent meeting between Fulham Supporters Trust and the club.

FULHAM FC TV
In response to a question from the Trust, CM stated that the Club was happy with the number of sign-ups they received for Fulham FC TV last season, having introduced the service in response to EFL rules last October. The Club had recruited several new members of their media and communications team to deliver greater content for the service over the coming months and two members of the team are currently in Norway filming a segment with former Fulham favourites Brede Hangeland and Erik Nevland. The Club is developing several potential pre-season features and are hoping to offer live streaming of this season's league fixtures for international subscribers
(CM is Carmelo Mifsud, Interim Communications and Media Director)

0001.jpeg love it!
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 24, 2017, 11:58:08 AM
Our midfield trio to stay, that's all I care about. For me TC brings more to Fulham than his glaring class and Johansen and McDonald are brilliant players in their own regard that complement him perfectly. Hard to have a bad season with these 3.
Yes, keeping those three players really has to be a club priority but with this silly window system and the premier club vultures circulating we will be biting our nails until August 31st on this one.

jarv

Agree with Mr. Peabody.  Would hope we hold on to ALL our good players, add one or two where necessary and more of the same. International streaming would be great.

FulhamStu

I want to see Craven Cottage full and a continued increase in our away following plus the ground development published, committed and planned to start soon.

Asotosyios

I would like to see another young player "forcing" his way into the first team similar to Sessegnon last year.

toshes mate

Agree with most of what has gone before, even a song for our owner - Khan it be true.....  Lyrics and poetry are not my strong points so I have been told (many times).

On the media front I'd like to see Sky being much more even handed over games selected as live.  There are some figures I have been shown for Fulham's coverage during ten years of their PL slot which show they were the least well covered by Sky by a ratio of more than 1:10.  That ratio seems to have declined even further in latter years.  I do hope all overseas supporters get well catered for under any new proposals, as it is only fair they should be offered the opportunity to watch the Club.

My one strong wish (apart from auto-promo) is for refereeing to be increasingly better in all football, encouraging good officials, regardless of gender, to take charge of games and show the numbskulls how it should be done. 

aaronmcguigan

Could do with the youth stepping it up a notch. Would be great to see the likes of De la Torre, Humphrys, Kwietniewski, Kait, Thorsteinsson, Edun , Adebayo,Williams (if they stay) push to try to get into math day squads on merit and show that we have some substance to go with the flair players we have produced in the past few years. Obviously they all develop at their own pace but if even one of those gets into the first team it will be a success.