Author Topic: Brentford 3-1 Fulham Saturday 2 December 2017, 3:00pm  (Read 1529 times)

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
Re: Brentford Vs Fulham Saturday 2 December 2017, 3:00pm
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
What goes through Joks mind to replace Kebano who was having a decent game, with the snow flake Fonte, and to put him on ahead of others. This is Sunday morning stuff, and half the team playing out of position.
That for me is inexcusable.

:plus one:
Where there's a will there's a wife

Offline Plodder

• tjl
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2017, 05:01:41 PM »
Down to 8 men now with Graham - embarrassing

What has Graham done wrong?  According to Jim's commentary, he has done more in a few minutes than most of the rest of the team combined.  He played well v Southampton and deserves a chance in the first team.
Don't believe everything you hear, I watched him in 1 match (can't remember which 1), he was useless!!!!!!
Should we cast a player on the scrapheap on the basis of one match (which you can't remember)?  He has made two fleeting substitute appearances for the first team, coming on when we were 1-2 behind against Burton with 11 minutes to go, and today when we were 1-3 down, four mintes to go and down to ten men. How anyone can come to a final judgement about a player based on that evidence is beyond me.

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »
Points wise we are still nearer 6th than 22nd. LOL
Where there's a will there's a wife

Offline davew

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2017, 05:08:30 PM »
I remember now Plodder, it was the Burton game! Maybe he is or will prove to be a class act, perhaps that is why Joka hasn't been selecting him? The last transfer window has proved a fiasco, not just because of the addition of Graham, he is just 1 of a bad bunch!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Offline JoelH5

• Legend
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2017, 05:20:55 PM »
Maybe the players aren't good enough, but it's inexcusable to just play pin the tail on the donkey with our lineup.

Let’s look at the teams who play wing backs propelrly, Chelsea.. Madrid etc. These are world class teams. We aren’t good enough to do it. It’s not even the players faults, they just aren’t good enough. If they were they wouldn’t play for us.

Slavisa has a good plan and with a better team it would work well but we simply aren’t good enough to play like this. It makes the defence way too fragile.

We need to switch to a proper four at the back. Sure we won’t be as attacking but we will be a lot stronger defensively
I was there, standing in the Putney end