watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do we need

Started by Andy S, June 24, 2017, 06:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Over the many years that I have watched it has changed season by season. We didn't go up this season for various reasons but we need to evolve slightly so that teams cannot come down and do a reading on us. If they do we still need to have something else in our locker so that we take the game. What is that something. What do we neeed?

Woolly Mammoth

We have come a long way in a year.
I think we need to be a little more physical, and I say that in the nicest possible way.
We could do with more leaders on the pitch. Plus we need to be a little more street wise maybe, with a plan B, which can only be orchestrated if we have the players to do so.
Hopefully we will not lose any key players, improve our home record, and maintain our excellent away form.
Of course we need to bring in some players that will strengthen our chances.
These positions CB, Strikers, midfield have all been discussed and dissected, and a little more depth in strength.
But overal a little surgery needs to be done to complete the jigsaw.
If all that went according to plan, we would be a hell of a force.
Pace, Power, quality passing movements of the highest calibre, with the ability to score goals from any position, but the pace we had last season was far too much for any team to handle, we need more of that again next season, but with a hard steely edge to our game.
The bonus is, that Jok knows exactly how well we can play in the system he devised.
as opposed to this time last year, plus he has a much better idea of our strengths, as well as any weaknesses.
Therefore, he should be able to address any shortcomings to strengthen the team.
Hopefully with the support of the club, our manager will be in a position to launch the team into the first month of fixtures with the target of achieving first spot in the table by the commencement of September, and achieve a good start which will stand us in good stead from then on by staying top for the remainder of the season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Not to much is needed all of defence midfield main striker but only the centre of the team C.B ideally 2  CM 2 as cover to give the regular guys compitition and some rest.
2 good centre forwards,this position i think getting 1 good one is a hell of a job so am happy cauley been given an extension,and if it doesnt happen (as the quality available is limited)i wont blame the selection chioces of joka and khan jr.
Finally we need to improve the home record and aim to go unbeaton  at home,as we are going into the season with the most talented squads without any additions.coyw

nose

We need to be getting on with securing the players joca wants and needs.

On july 4th/5th it will be a poor start if those that always support our management, no matter what, are having to excuse lack of action with the usual dire tribe of... it is a delicate matter getting transfers agreed, and then be left scramblin round for a few loans in late august.

I do hope our management will cease the moment and make my current unease, evaporate with some early, quality signings

toshes mate

When I was young new seasons were the 'stuff' that made you feel a real buzz only to find, as often as not, that that 'stuff' is not permitted anywhere near Craven Cottage.  It felt like a small price to pay for supporting FFC, and reading through the oldie posts on here I guess we have all felt it.  But there have been markedly different periods when the 'stuff' is really potent and I am hoping that is the case this time around.  What do Fulham FC need to do to improve the chances of justice being done this time around?  The team improved on a game by game basis last time and even in the ill fated Reading matches on a different day there'd have been a different result in both games.  But my real thoughts are that if Fulham could perform second half of the season as they did with 10.5 players then what are we going to be like with eleven?  More to the point who will be the eleventh man?  And even more to the point how do we best cover all eleven in a settled first team?

We can all talk about winning home games after a season when most of our best action was away from home, and it doesn't help if you draw lots a games you should be winning, but most of the damage done last season occurred in the late summer and early autumn.  We didn't start as we meant to go on - we flattered to deceive.  This year we need to be persistent throughout with lofty targets and even loftier performances - that extra ten percent.  We need to play our game and not let any other team dictate to us.  That needs not just discipline but discipline with flair, discipline with the freedom to take risks if that is what will win games.   This team has the potential to be up there with the great Fulham teams of yesteryear and I hope they show that in August.  Come May next year we can be automatically promoted and the Club should be shouting loud and clear failure is not an option.

nose

Quote from: toshes mate on June 25, 2017, 11:42:43 AM
When I was young new seasons were the 'stuff' that made you feel a real buzz only to find, as often as not, that that 'stuff' is not permitted anywhere near Craven Cottage.  It felt like a small price to pay for supporting FFC, and reading through the oldie posts on here I guess we have all felt it.  But there have been markedly different periods when the 'stuff' is really potent and I am hoping that is the case this time around.  What do Fulham FC need to do to improve the chances of justice being done this time around?  The team improved on a game by game basis last time and even in the ill fated Reading matches on a different day there'd have been a different result in both games.  But my real thoughts are that if Fulham could perform second half of the season as they did with 10.5 players then what are we going to be like with eleven?  More to the point who will be the eleventh man?  And even more to the point how do we best cover all eleven in a settled first team?

We can all talk about winning home games after a season when most of our best action was away from home, and it doesn't help if you draw lots a games you should be winning, but most of the damage done last season occurred in the late summer and early autumn.  We didn't start as we meant to go on - we flattered to deceive.  This year we need to be persistent throughout with lofty targets and even loftier performances - that extra ten percent.  We need to play our game and not let any other team dictate to us.  That needs not just discipline but discipline with flair, discipline with the freedom to take risks if that is what will win games.   This team has the potential to be up there with the great Fulham teams of yesteryear and I hope they show that in August.  Come May next year we can be automatically promoted and the Club should be shouting loud and clear failure is not an option.

all you say is true and whimsically correct too IMO (never humble as I think you know).

But we were also mega lucky last season. true we had 10.5 players that made it happen and none of them suffered too much long terminjury or suspension. That is why we need a much better squad with more depth, in case of such events. It also why we need to get a move on, the silence is deafening.

I do anticipate we will keep the bulk of the squad, kalas is the uncertainty obviously, but we need a few more really top quality performers, in a variety of positions. our first 10 + center forward that gives a dam is good enough, but that is not enough.

I really hope in the next week or so we see some proper action.

grandad

I loved the beautiful football we played in many games. However we need to learn how to play nasty when needed. Although nice to have a +20-30 GD. But to fall short by 10 points makes it worthless. Points make prizes.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FulhamStu

We need 2 goal scoring strikers and ideally a leader at the back, tall commanding no5.  We need to keep all our key players, have the team in place early and a bit of luck !

toshes mate

Quote from: nose on June 25, 2017, 12:37:30 PM
It also why we need to get a move on, the silence is deafening.

To quote Lao Tzu, Silence is a source of strength, but then he did live at a time when swords of a certain sharpness spoke volumes and you never heard even a swish....

I do get your point and I'd like to see some positive news about signings and/or retention of loan players etc.  However last season we did do well with what we have and as SJ seems to be staying put at Fulham I am happy to know he can appear to turn water into wine and make the lame mobile with his whip, his sleight of hand and/or his gift of tongue.   Prepare yourself for a miracle even you will believe in, Mr nose.....

HatterDon

cease the moment, Gracie?
fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on June 25, 2017, 07:52:32 PM
Quote from: nose on June 25, 2017, 12:37:30 PM
It also why we need to get a move on, the silence is deafening.

To quote Lao Tzu, Silence is a source of strength, but then he did live at a time when swords of a certain sharpness spoke volumes and you never heard even a swish....

Correct.
and to quote the wide eyed bloke down my local last night who was staring into the horizon wearing a cloak and had a long beard holding a staff and had not eaten for a week, and looked as though he had been sleeping in shop doorways, who said " never give a sucker an even break ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: grandad on June 25, 2017, 12:44:02 PM
I loved the beautiful football we played in many games. However we need to learn how to play nasty when needed. Although nice to have a +20-30 GD. But to fall short by 10 points makes it worthless. Points make prizes.

i think we all loved the football last season. at times it was genuinely breathtaking.
I am not sure I have ever liked the idea of 'nasty' or 'ugly' football. what i prefer to think is that one is able to compete and dig in when the opposition 'disrupts the beauty of our natural game and to a large extent I think we managed that well. But unfortunately the lack of a center forward capable of properly competing, yet still able to play football, was a handicap. Even V reading, we had more than enough chances to win, but at home to sheff wed, when we looked like we were about to lose, the introduction of parker who kicked forisitiere six foot in the air just in front of where i sit (lucky not to get a red card) seemed to do the tricj and we snatched a draw..... no doubt we lacked that once or twice, not that i condone that sort of thing you understand.