watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Fulham Goal Ever (POOL 4) VOTE HERE

Started by dannyboi-ffc, June 24, 2017, 08:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I've added an extra pool because I was determined to find a couple of goals from the 70s and one from the Maestro. But again pick the BEST 4 When voting.

There will be 16 goals in the final next week. 049:gif

Pool 4

Gordon 'Ivor' Davies vs Newcastle

5mins 38secs

Inamoto vs Man Utd
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/43047006[/vimeo]

Mike Conroy vs Wycombe.

I can't find any footage. Described as a strike from the half way line, lobbing the keeper.

McCormack vs Bristol City

Bryan Ruiz vs Cardiff

Matt Smith vs Wigan

Johnny Haynes vs Man Utd

4mins 4secs

Alan Slough vs Hereford

Rodney Marsh vs Hereford

Hamaer Bouazza vs Man City

Karagounis vs Blackpool

VOTE HERE
https://surveyplanet.com/594ec1c7e5cb7e3662bb0fbc

Voting closes Sunday 9pm
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

sunburywhite

its great seeing all the old adverts round the ground
Whtever happened to Fremlins beers
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

its great watching Best and his sublime skills
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

In 1967, Fremlin's were bought out by Whitbread, who closed the Maidstone premises to brewing on 15 September 1972.It remained in use as a depot in the 1970s, before closing entirely. In 1978, much of the brewery's infrastructure connecting it to the River Medway was demolished in order to construct St Peter's Bridge and the A229 diversion around Maidstone town centre. The remainder of the Earl Street brewery was demolished in 1980

The Earl Street site is now part of Fremlin Walk, a shopping centre. The Faversham plant remained open for some years afterwards, producing Whitbread Trophy beer. It closed in 1990. A Tesco store now occupies the site. The Wateringbury site closed down in 1981, but has since reopened as a distribution centre for Whitbread

F(f)CUK

Pool 3 was difficult because so many of the goals were excellent whereas this pool is the weakest.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: F(f)CUK on June 25, 2017, 09:48:20 AM
Pool 3 was difficult because so many of the goals were excellent whereas this pool is the weakest.

This one was literally a last minute extra as I felt bad not to have a few old ones in there. Tv footage and time is limited so it's just a bunch that I came across. I agree it's the weakest but I did it randomly. Didn't think about balancing it out at the time

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

F(f)CUK

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 25, 2017, 09:51:11 AM

This one was literally a last minute extra as I felt bad not to have a few old ones in there. Tv footage and time is limited so it's just a bunch that I came across. I agree it's the weakest but I did it randomly. Didn't think about balancing it out at the time
No criticism intended Dannyboi. I have really enjoyed seeing some of the best goals again. I also know that one of my favourite goals is unlikely to make it through. Legwinski vs Newcastle was a major step in our premiership life and I hold it with deep affection.

Oh and Rodney Marsh's goal was the moment that I started calling myself a Fulham supporter.

cmg

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 25, 2017, 09:09:57 AM

Yes it is. isn't it? How dominant he is in both the Hereford and the Oldham clips.
Hereford was pure circus stuff, but the Oldham match showed that a truly great player is inconvenienced neither by conditions nor opposition.
One of my favourite memories is there: him getting hacked down (again!) and Mooro grabbing hold of him before he can retaliate, obviously taking the p1ss. I'd love to know what was said, but, unfortunately, never will.
What joy that little, alcoholic, wastrel, genius brought to the football field. And how lucky we were to share a little bit of it.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: F(f)CUK on June 25, 2017, 10:24:08 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 25, 2017, 09:51:11 AM

No criticism intended Dannyboi. I have really enjoyed seeing some of the best goals again. I also know that one of my favourite goals is unlikely to make it through. Legwinski vs Newcastle was a major step in our premiership life and I hold it with deep affection.

Oh and Rodney Marsh's goal was the moment that I started calling myself a Fulham supporter.

No criticism was taken mate. That's the first time I've ever seen that Marsh goal. I came across it watching old videos on YouTube.

What a player George Best was!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

All voting now closed guys. Thanks for voting.

Results posted tonight hopefully and Final posted later in the week.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

The Rock

Will there be an "honourable mention" thread? If so, this should have been an option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYaROUmMOVU

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: The Rock on June 26, 2017, 02:41:51 PM
Will there be an "honourable mention" thread? If so, this should have been an option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYaROUmMOVU

It is an option and should win it.

This thread is just 1 of 4 semi finals. Overall there were 44 goals included.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

RaySmith

Quote from: cmg on June 25, 2017, 12:34:32 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on June 25, 2017, 09:09:57 AM

Yes it is. isn't it? How dominant he is in both the Hereford and the Oldham clips.
Hereford was pure circus stuff, but the Oldham match showed that a truly great player is inconvenienced neither by conditions nor opposition.
One of my favourite memories is there: him getting hacked down (again!) and Mooro grabbing hold of him before he can retaliate, obviously taking the p1ss. I'd love to know what was said, but, unfortunately, never will.
What joy that little, alcoholic, wastrel, genius brought to the football field. And how lucky we were to share a little bit of it.

The conditions were terrible for that Oldham game, that I was at, icy, with players struggling to keep their feet, and would never be played today  as considered too dangerous, as well as detrimental to  good game of football (though here we can see how tough conditions could add to game in a way) - if there wasn't undersoil heating to prevent such frozen conditions in the first place, that is.

That Best excelled and gave it all says a lot for his attitude at Fulham.

I was the game where he was involved in a tackle that broke Palace captain's Ian Evans leg at Selhurst Park- a terrible occurrence, but shows Best's commitment.

Best was a genius, but his life was blighted by the problems that led him to alcoholism, which also killed his mother. I have only sympathy and respect for the man - he was no angel, but I think he was basically a decent  man, with inner demons, and mainly only hurt himself with his behaviour.

I feel very lucky to have seen him show his wonderful  talent in  a Fulham shirt, anyway.