more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (28/06/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 28, 2017, 06:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Woodrow Semi-Final Preview

Cauley Woodrow is preparing for an U21s European Championship semi-final with Germany tonight and is confident that if the team performs well they have every chance of winning.

The striker, who had his contract extended last week, told the Club's official website that spirits are high and the camp is confident.

"It's obviously going to be a massive game today, we trained yesterday and did our final preparations and everyone is feeling good and hopefully we will get a win over Germany," he said.

England topped Group A and finished unbeaten after defeating Poland 3-0 on Thursday in their final group game, the Germans came top of Group C but are coming off the back of a 1-0 loss to Italy.

It was a close contest when the Young Lions last faced the Germans back in March, a first-half goal from Hoffenheim's Nadiem Amiri was enough to snatch a win. 

"The last game we had against them was in March, in Germany, I didn't play in that game but I was on the bench and we lost 1-0," said Woodrow.

"They were a really good side and we know what we are going to come up against and hopefully we can get one over them this time.

"England against Germany is always a massive game at any level so I think it is going to be quite a special occasion.

"We will all have to just focus on our jobs as the boys would do for any other game and hopefully we will get the win.

"There is always going to be a few nerves but everyone knows their roles and knows their jobs so once the whistle goes for the game we will be fully focused on what we need to do."

England's first game of the tournament against Sweden ended in a goalless draw but the Young Lions have been in fine form since, scoring five goals in their last two games.

"The first game was quite nervy, but once we got our first win out the way I think we just went from strength to strength and that's obviously shown on the pitch.

"Off the pitch as well everyone has bonded really well and is getting on really well."

Woodrow is expecting an exciting game with two teams that both like to play attractive football.

"They like to play on the counter attack and they have some really, really quick players.

"They have Serge Gnabry playing on the wing who obviously everyone knows and they'll be throwing bodies forward.

"They like to attack and they play with quite a high energy so that is quite similar to how we like to play and they sometimes play the same system as us so I think on the day whichever team performs the best should win the game," said Woodrow.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/27/woodrow-semi-final-preview

WhiteJC

Fulham should avoid spending big and look to this player to fire them to promotion

Fulham were blessed with goals last season, with 9 players contributing 5 goals or more during the Cottagers run to the play off spots this season.

Goals came from across the team, with the midfield being the most productive in terms of goalscoring, with Tom Cairney, Stefan Johansen, Floyd Ayite and Sone Aluko all impressing from their midfield berths.

Chris Martin bore the brunt of the goalscoring burden amongst the front men, and boss Slavisa Jokanovic will look to add another striker to his squad this summer to add an alternative option to the side when the 28-year-old Scot is not available.

Jokanovic could spend big to acquire his new man on top, but the perfect player is already on the books, and will return to the club this summer fresh off the back of a successful loan spell with Burton.

Cauley Woodrow joined Fulham in 2011 from Luton, and has scored 8 goals in 54 league appearances for the west London club, a decent return for such a young man.

The 22-year-old chipped in with 5 goals whilst with Burton as they narrowly avoided the drop, and is ready to fight for a starting spot at Craven Cottage.

Fulham have arguably the most talented attacking core in the division, and surrounded by such quality will see the youngster flourish and grow.

Woodrow has the potential to become a 15 goal plus striker in this talented Fulham squad, and Jokanovic should give the youngster the chance to prove he is capable of firing his team back to the fortunes of the Premier League.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-should-avoid-spending-big-and-look-to-this-player-to-fire-them-to-promotion/

WhiteJC

Matchday Hospitality On Sale

As London's original football club, we've been entertaining people longer than any other team in the capital - and not just on the pitch.

With the fixtures announced for the 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship, supporters can now guarantee their place at any match next term with Matchday Hospitality available to purchase.

Elevate your experience at Craven Cottage, with our Hospitality packages breaking new ground at every game. From a four-course fine dining experience, lounges overlooking the River Thames, to our sports and exclusive Gin bars, we are sure to have the perfect package for you.

All games for the 17/18 campaign are now on sale, including our opening day fixture with Norwich City on Saturday 5th August, 3pm.

You can now guarantee your place at Craven Cottage and watch all the action unfold from some of the best seats in the house, ahead of match tickets becoming available.

To find out more, browse through our available packages or contact the Hospitality team by phone on 020 8336 7555, or by email at [email protected]

We look forward to entertaining you next season.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/27/matchday-hospitality-on-sale

WhiteJC

Transfer gossip: Fulham linked with Bristol City's Flint

Fulham are among clubs said to be interested in Aden Flint amid reports that Bristol City are willing to sell the centre-back.

The Mail say City are ready to cash in on Flint and that Fulham, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough have shown an interest.

Flint, who moved to Ashton Gate from Swindon Town in 2013, is apparently valued at around £4m.

By West London Sport 27/06/2017

Fulham are among clubs said to be interested in Aden Flint amid reports that Bristol City are willing to sell the centre-back.

The Mail say City are ready to cash in on Flint and that Fulham, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough have shown an interest.

Flint, who moved to Ashton Gate from Swindon Town in 2013, is apparently valued at around £4m.

It is claimed that Premier League clubs have also shown an interest in the 27-year-old, who has scored 29 goals for the Robins.

He is among a host of players Fulham have been linked with so far this summer.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/transfer-gossip-whites-aston-villa-middlesbrough-linked-bristol-city-star

WhiteJC

Ball Persons Required

We are looking to recruit Junior Members and Season Ticket Holders, aged between 10 and 16, to help the Club throughout the season as ball boys and ball girls.

As a ball boy/girl you will play a vital role on matchday and will enjoy a seat right next to the action at both weekend and midweek evening fixtures.

Interested candidates will be included in a pool of other junior supporters and notified ahead of a given matchday to find out your availability.

To apply, please fill in the form below and all successful applicants will be notified.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/27/ball-persons-required

WhiteJC

Aston Villa, Fulham & Middlesbrough target £4million Bristol City defender deal

Bristol City are prepared to sell centre back Aden Flint, according to the Daily Mail. Sky Bet Championship rivals Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Fulham are all keen on a deal for the goalscoring defender.

The 27-year-old has impressed in both boxes since making the move to Ashton Gate from Swindon Town for £300,000 back in 2013. He helped the Robins win the Sky Bet League One title and then consolidate back in the second tier over the last few years. He is rated at £4million by his current club, with Lee Johnson now seemingly prepared to let his in-demand player depart.

Johnson recently stated that he would be prepared to players to leave should they wish, rather than risk offering bigger wages to keep him on board but potentially upset the balance and morale in the squad. He has previously been linked with a move into the Premier League, but not he has proved himself in the Championship, there are three clubs who are particularly keen.

Steve Bruce clearly wishes to add to his defensive options at Aston Villa, especially given the issues he had in this department last season. In the case of Fulham, they are looking to replace Tomas Kalas, who returned to Chelsea following the end of a season-long loan at Craven Cottage. Garry Monk is looking to stamp his own authority at the Riverside Stadium since taking charge earlier this summer. He will have seen first hand of Flint's qualities when managing Leeds at this level last season.

http://the72.co.uk/85293/bcfc-to-sell-star-defender/

WhiteJC

Transfer Talk: Fulham to rival Middlesbrough and Aston Villa in race for Bristol City defender Aden Flint

The 27-year-old, who has a reputation as a goal-scoring defender, moved to Ashton Gate from Swindon Town for a fee of £300,000 in 2013.

Fulham are set to compete with Championship rivals Middlesbrough and Aston Villa for Bristol City defender Aden Flint, according to the Daily Mail.

The 27-year-old, who has a reputation as a goal-scoring defender, moved to Ashton Gate from Swindon Town for a fee of £300,000 in 2013.

He played a key part in winning promotion for Bristol City and consolidating their place in the Championship, with the RObins now seen as a regular competitor in the Championship.

Robins' boss Lee Johnson has said that the club will listen to offers for the defender, who could be available for a fee in the region of £4million.

Flint, who signed a new long term deal in December last year, scored five goals for the Robins in 46 appearances.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-talk-fulham-rival-middlesbrough-13247080

WhiteJC

Manchester City's former Fulham man has unwelcome title when it comes to past three years' Premier League signings

The 20-year-old was an expensive outlay, for little return so far

Patrick Roberts cost Manchester City £12 million when they signed him from Fulham in 2015.

He was a highly-rated 18-year-old, but while he has enjoyed success with Celtic, things have not exactly gone according to plan at parent club Manchester City.

And statistics that have come out today have revealed that, for all intents and purposes, Roberts is the most expensive waste of money when it comes to appearances, in the past three years.

Analysis of the signings made by Premier Leauge clubs over the past three seasons has shown that Roberts, at £12 million, is the most expensive player to have made five or fewer appearances for his club.

Roberts was a 55th minute substitute in a 4-1 League Cup win over Sunderland in 2015, before making his Premier League bow in the 86th minute of a 4-1 defeat to Tottenham four days later.

He was then handed 15 minutes in another League Cup tie - a 5-1 triumph over Crystal Palace - but that was the last the City fans saw of the Englishman.

Tussle: Fulham's Patrick Roberts in action with Manchester City's Pablo Zabaleta

He was shipped out on loan to Scottish giants Celtic, where he has remained ever since. And he has done pretty well in the top tier in Scotland, scoring 17 goals in a season and a half, including one in the Champions League...against Manchester City!

At 20 years old, he still has time on his side, to make it in the Premier League, but perhaps he is a good example of why young players should not make the move to the very top straight away.

With Roberts in their ranks, Manchester City were th worst offenders for expensive players not getting game time, having spent more than £30 million in total on 12 players who failed to register more than five appearances in three years.

Watford were guilty of spending just under £30 million, while Chelsea were third worst having spent £17 million.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-citys-former-fulham-man-13247740

WhiteJC

Trip down memory lane with Dannyboi- Pompey, Great Escape

Sunday 11th May 2008 approx 2am
Couldn't sleep, the air was muggy. Lying there with the sweat dripping off me as the noise of the Saturday night drunks passed my bedroom window adding to the disturbance. Staring at the ceiling thinking of any excuse as to why this night was proving to be a long unpleasant one.

But deep down I knew why.....of course I knew why! For in just a few hours I was to begin my 15min walk down to Waterloo Station to catch my train to Fratton, a trip I'd planned in my head several times already to ensure that nothing was going wrong today. The OCD worse than ever before as my mums OCD multiplies for the same reasons influencing my own mental state in the days building up to it. I'd never been to Pompey before, not that it mattered much. Reassuring myself that our fate was in our hands for survival thanks to the win against Brimingham last week but at this point.......it was doing little for my nerves.

I eventually dose off but it's not long before the day begins. I've no appetite so I skip breakfast and we head out. There were many fellow supporters on the train and commuters that day would have experienced 3 kinds of Fulham fans. The vocal ones who would sing any song they could think of and really made a day of the occasion, the figgity ones who couldn't sit still or get comfortable such was the magnitude of what was before us. And the ones like me, quiet. Not really knowing how to feel or what to say. This had never happened to me, I'd only remembered Fulham on the up since the days of Micky Adams. I have a poor attention span at the best of times but today there was no hope of a conversation out of me. My Mum, Dad and little sister chatting away whilst I was there in body yet my head a million miles away.

We go to the pub before the game and do all the usual rituals before any away game. And then it's time to head to the ground. We walk up the road, houses either side of us. It was a narrow road, at least it was in my head although that could just be my imagination as it felt everything was closing in around me. You could see the ground in front of you, just like walking up Finlay Street to the Cottage I suppose.

At Fratton Park, the away fans walk down what I remember as a bit of an alleyway to the away end. A wall of art with pictures of ex Pompey players from beginning to end. Steve Stone, Linvoy Primus and the very unpopular Dejan Stefanovic to name but a few. I suppose you aren't really interested in that are you? No neither was I but it was just another excuse not to think about the game as it was now about 2.30pm and kick-off getting closer & closer.

We made it into our seats, about 10 rows back perfectly in line with the top corner to our fans' right hand side, a view unappreicated at this point but boy would that change......

It's important for those that weren't there that day that I make it very clear how hot it was. For every minute we got closer to knowing our fate, the sun seem to blaze over us that bit hotter. I don't know how the players played 90mins in that heat under that pressure. I suppose we were lucky Portsmouth had bigger things on their mind like the FA cup final. It must have been the hottest day of the year and I remember it that way because I just can't forget the intensity. This was the most torturing heatwave I've ever experienced at a football match.

I remember very little about the game itself. I don't remember much goal mouth action, it was very much a game that you'd expect in degrees such as this. I didn't know the Birmingham or Reading scores until half time, they wasn't spoken of by the people around me, you would have thought no other matches were being played that day.... We all know that it wasn't good news or was it? I don't know if I'm alone but my nerves seem to ease once I know things aren't going our way. I'm at my most nervous when we are hanging on.

The fans throughout were amazing and the atmosphere electric. As Kamara raced through only to be taken down for a free kick to my left hand side of the pitch just inside their half, we knew we had to score a goal. Reading & Birmingham were 4v0 and 4v1 up in their games, we were now desperate to score.......WE HAD TO SCORE!!!!!

It had been a torturing season. A rollercoaster that you queue up for terrified of but are forced on by your kids or friends. The long drawn out wait fearing the worst but doing it anyway. Th anger, you feel upset, tears, stress, sleepless nights, frustration, confusion, acceptance, you don't care anymore....you do care.....but then comes the worst emotion of them all. The one that causes the most pain in the end...........HOPE!   Multiply all those feelings by 100, add in the heat and the fact Reading & Birmingham were home and hosed but helpless if we win and you can almost imagine how it felt being in that seat adjacent to the top corner as Murphy rose highest and guided the ball towards me. I could have caught it if the net wasn't in the way, I don't think I would have though. For I had long left my seat and was in the stairwell running down to the front. Those in rows before me with the same idea beat me to it, our heroes in a pile on the pitch as McBride wrestles Murphy to the ground. Us fans piling on top of eachother behind the barrier. Men hugging eachother, crying, overjoyed! It was a minute of my life that will never leave me. I've seen the birth of all 4 of my beautiful children. I'm married to the woman of my dreams and although I won't commit to saying they were inferior experiences, I could describe those feelings. But celebrating that goal......words just can't describe the feeling. The release of tension just for a few seconds. It was and probably always will be the best moment I will ever have supporting Fulham.

Now comes the worst part, as mentioned above. My nerves eased when I knew Reading and Birminghams results weren't going our way, almost resigned to the fact we were down. Now they are back, the heart pounding faster in sync with those of all Fulham fans around me. Loud enough to probably drown out the famous Pompey fan with the bell. But I can't say I heard him that day, I can't say I remember anything about that last 13 minutes or so.

The sheer joy when the final whistle went. Not as wild as when the goal went in. This was more relief that it was over. A celebration of 9 months of failure that was rescued in the most unlikely circumstances. Defying the odds and players transforming from ars*oles to heroes.

I know some will have the attitude that we have been relegated anyway some years later so it was pointless but it wasn't. What we went onto achieve after that finishing 7th and getting to Hamburg will go down as the 2 greatest seasons in our history, why? Because on paper it's a fact. That wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the great escape and whatever happens it's an era I will cherish forever and tell my Grandkids about just like my Grandad did with me.

On the train home everyone was buzzing. At one point we thought we had got into Europe through the fair play league as Richard Dunne's red card could have swayed it our way. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way in the end but it didn't ruin the party back to London.

I read quite often people saying people shouldn't worry or let Fulham's poor form affect their daily lives. It's just a 'game'. Except it's not is it? Football for many is much more than that. Fulham goes back in my family to the 40s, I went to my first match when I'd just turned two years old. Fulham is and always will be in my blood. Every club other than the obvious handful at the top are just one bad owner, a couple of relegations or a poor management of finances away from doing what Pompey did or in some cases worse. I can't imagine life without Fulham, it's what makes me who I am. It's what makes me one of you, part of something.

Every fan has a reason for supporting Fulham. Mine was forced on me. I'd supported all my life but it really did feel like I'd come of age at Pompey. I was just turned 18 and something changed that day. I saw Fulham in a different light. I knew it wasn't just my family tradition, my club.....it is our club and you are my family.

And all this from a supporter. Imagine the small people that nobody gets to meet or know. The ones who work in admin, commercial or in the Canteen. How do they feel knowing their fate lies in the hands of eleven men and a match in Portsmouth. When we were relegated, when all teams are relegated the amount of small people who lose their jobs is saddening. Cuts have to be made and it's never the players who suffer most. People just doing a job to provide for their families, have done nothing wrong but are helpless as their fate is determined by others failing or not.

So please don't tell me Football is just a game and don't dare tell me this is just a football club. It's not just a football club...........

WE ARE FULHAM!!!!

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=12

WhiteJC

Could Marcus Edwards play a role in Spurs beating Manchester United to Ryan Sessegnon this summer?

The two talented young players will be spending plenty of time together in the coming weeks

Tottenham Hotspur fans will be hoping that their own talented youngster Marcus Edwards could play some kind of role this summer in helping their club sign Fulham starlet Ryan Sessegnon ahead of Manchester United.

Spurs and Jose Mourinho's men are believed to be the two front runners in the chase for the 17-year-old Cottagers left-back, with Liverpool having dropped out of the race.

Sessegnon was named in the Championship Team of the Year for last season and impressed plenty with his displays from left-back, including apparently the likes of Mauricio Pochettino and Mourinho. He played against Tottenham in the FA Cup quarter-final, coming off the bench and lifting the crowd in the second half.

Marcus Edwards is looking to impress at the European U19 Championships

Now he and Edwards, highly rated at Spurs himself but having only played 15 minutes for the senior side in an EFL Cup tie against Gillingham, have both been named this week in the England squad for the upcoming European U19 Championships.

With no United players in the squad to extol the virtues of Mourinho, Tottenham supporters will be hoping 18-year-old 'Agent Edwards' can explain exactly what has made Pochettino such a hit with all the young players at his clubs just in case the Fulham teenager has not quite made his mind up yet.

The two teenagers will be spending plenty of time together over the coming weeks away with head coach Keith Downing's squad.

Ryan Sessegnon is reportedly a target for Spurs and Manchester United

England's first game comes against Bulgaria in Tblisi on Monday, before they take on the Netherlands three days later. The final group match against Germany is on Sunday July 9 and will be shown live on Eurosport.

Here's the full England squad:

Aaron Ramsdale (AFC Bournemouth), Nathan Trott (West Ham United), Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea), Jay Dasilva (Chelsea), Darnell Johnson (Leicester City), Easah Suliman (Aston Villa), Reece James (Chelsea, Josh Dasilva (Arsenal), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), Tayo Edun (Fulham), Jacob Maddox (Chelsea), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham), Dujon Sterling (Chelsea), Ben Brereton (Nottingham Forest), Isaac Buckley-Ricketts (Manchester City), Marcus Edwards (Tottenham Hotspur), Lukas Nmecha (Manchester City).

http://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/marcus-edwards-sessegnon-manchester-united-13247785

WhiteJC

Villa, Fulham, and Middlesbrough told to stump up £4m for towering 27-year-old defender

Championship side Bristol City have named their price for Aston Villa, Fulham, and Middlesbrough target Aden Flint, according to The Daily Mail.

The 27-year-old moved to Ashton Gate all the way back in 2013 after short stints at Swindon Town and Alfreton Town, and has since gone on to play a vital role in the Robins' backline.

In fact, the centre-back did not miss a minute of action in the Championship last term to help Lee Johnson's men to a 17th place finish in the division, and it means that he has now missed just two league games in his last three seasons at the club.

And his impressive efforts at the back in recent years has attracted much interest from several sides in the second tier, with Steve Bruce's Villa, Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham, and Garry Monk's Middlesbrough all linked with a move for the Englishman, as have been top-flight duo West Ham and West Brom.

And now the aforementioned quintet know how much they'll need to pay for Flint's services, with recent reports suggesting that Bristol City will seek £4 million for their towering centre-half.

This figure is sure to interest those sides, what with Monk likely to lose star defender Ben Gibson this summer, Jokanovic looking for reinforcements after conceding 57 goals last term, and Bruce seeking Championship experience to help his Villa side mount a serious promotion push.

In this day and age, even in the Championship, £4 million is a small sum of money in football, and thus it remains to be seen exactly where Flint is plying his trade come the start of the new season in August.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/villa-fulham-and-middlesbrough-told-to-stump-up-4m-for-towering-27-year-old-defender/

alfie

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 28, 2017, 06:56:48 AM

Ball Persons Required

We are looking to recruit Junior Members and Season Ticket Holders, aged between 10 and 16, to help the Club throughout the season as ball boys and ball girls.

As a ball boy/girl you will play a vital role on matchday and will enjoy a seat right next to the action at both weekend and midweek evening fixtures.

Interested candidates will be included in a pool of other junior supporters and notified ahead of a given matchday to find out your availability.

To apply, please fill in the form below and all successful applicants will be notified.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/27/ball-persons-required
I think they should go along to Arsenal and watch theirs, they are first class, and I can only assume they get training, for me it was disappointing to see our ball boys/girls when the ball goes out of play just sitting watching, if we have them let's make sure they know what they are doing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WhiteJC

Fulham Host Wolfsburg

Fulham host VfL Wolfsburg in what will be our final friendly fixture ahead of the 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship season.

We welcome the German outfit to Craven Cottage on Saturday 29th July (3pm), ahead of our league commencement at home to Norwich City a week later.

Advance tickets for the friendly are priced at £1 Juniors, £10 for concessions and at £15 for adults, although these will increase on matchday.

Hospitality is available in the Chairman's Club priced at £95 (+VAT) per person, which comes with a fully inclusive drinks package, bowl food to be served pre-match, and Directors' Area seating.

All tickets are now available for supporters to purchase on General Sale.

Fulham's previous encounter with Wolfsburg came at the Quarter-Final stage of the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League, as the Whites came away with a famous 3-1 aggregate win over the then German champions.

Fans can purchase their tickets online now, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (opt. 2) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/28/fulham-host-wolfsburg