watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Breaking news

Started by f321ffc, June 28, 2017, 02:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

BREAKING: Former @England midfielder Scott Parker announces retirement from football. #SSNHQ
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Great professional, hope he enjoys the coaching.

f321ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on June 28, 2017, 02:47:55 PM
Just saw that myself
Yes saw your post, five seconds too quick for you.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

bobbo

Was thinking about him this morning, what's he gonna do?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Tomo

Shame it's come from Sky Sports and not the club it does show you that our communication's team aren't on top of it.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

westcliff white

Quote from: Tomo on June 28, 2017, 02:55:27 PM
Shame it's come from Sky Sports and not the club it does show you that our communication's team aren't on top of it.
Perhaps they are going to announce it when or if he signs a coaching contract?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It is annoying that Sky Sports has announced this news under their Chelsea heading and not Fulham.
Also the photo is of a much younger Scott Parker holding his Chelsea shirt, obviously when he joined them.

Reading through the report you get to part  where they finally report that his latest club was Fulham!

Dirk Lehmann

Two massive stories out of our club today and neither are on our club website. Laughable.

westcliff white

Quote from: Dirk Lehmann on June 28, 2017, 03:56:40 PM

Two massive stories out of our club today and neither are on our club website. Laughable.
As I said earlier maybe Parket is becoming a coach and they wish to announce it al together, as for Sess it is all sources so far nothing 100% confirmed.

Re Parker woul dhave prefered an announcement myself too but if the abov elogic is true then I can see thte clubs side. If he is leaving then no it doesnt make sense.

Rather have cionfirmed news on Sess than rumour so happy to wait for the club.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: westcliff white on June 28, 2017, 03:59:53 PM
Quote from: Dirk Lehmann on June 28, 2017, 03:56:40 PM

As I said earlier maybe Parket is becoming a coach and they wish to announce it al together, as for Sess it is all sources so far nothing 100% confirmed.

Re Parker woul dhave prefered an announcement myself too but if the abov elogic is true then I can see thte clubs side. If he is leaving then no it doesnt make sense.

Rather have cionfirmed news on Sess than rumour so happy to wait for the club.

I've had it confirmed that Ryan has signed so that's good enough for me, although as I've told the people I know, Ryan would sign so it was no surprise

Dirk Lehmann

I don't buy it mate. A note at the end to say 'The club is still in negotiations with Scott regarding a future role at the club' would suffice. It's not difficult, particularly given we're paying money for this content now.

alfie

So you have immediately assume the worst of Fulham, may just have been someone from Session side leaked it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Scott has released a statement thanking all the clubs he played for and his family. He also hoped to announce the next chapter of his career soon. It would be nice if that was a coaching job at Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aaronmcguigan

But odd for the club not to comment considering they are all over social media today, they're bound to have known this was coming, even West Ham have put up a tribute.  He shouldn't be ignored . As far as the rumour mill goes and as much as I jhate rumours, he's in negotiations to join academy coaching team at Spurs ? Or is that lazy journalism ?

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 28, 2017, 04:30:06 PM
Scott has released a statement thanking all the clubs he played for and his family. He also hoped to announce the next chapter of his career soon. It would be nice if that was a coaching job at Fulham.

I've been told he's been offered a very good job at a Prem Club, but hopefully he stays with Us as he has been helping with the academy.

Fulham 442

Still nothing about Scotty on the Offal.  Maybe as WW says the club is in negotiations with him regarding a coaching role with us.  Thrilled about Ryan!!

copthornemike

Scotty Parker - an absolutely class, dignified act from beginning to end!

Twig

Whatever he does in the future I wish him all the very best.  Great servant to Fulham over the last 4 yrs.

bill taylors apprentice

Any player about to retire, especially one with Parker's pedigree will look at the many opportunities that will come his way.

It would not be unusual for Parker to have several interesting offers on the table and as a professional has no reason to stick with FFC other than if he thinks its the best deal.

He has another career ahead of him.