more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sess Turns Pro

Started by callumc513, June 28, 2017, 04:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callumc513

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/28/sess-turns-pro

The Club is delighted to announce that Ryan Sessegnon has signed his first professional contract with Fulham.

Having been eligible to sign a pro deal after turning 17 in May, Sessegnon has now committed his future to the Club until at least June 2020.

Born just the other side of the river from Craven Cottage in Roehampton, Sessegnon joined Fulham in the summer of 2008 alongside his twin brother Steven.

After rising through the age groups, and earning international recognition with England along the way, the left-sided player made his First Team bow in the EFL Cup win over Leyton Orient at the start of the 2016/17 season.

It would prove to be a highly successful debut campaign for Sessegnon, as he netted seven times - often from left-back - in 30 appearances. His goal against Cardiff City at the Cottage meant he was the first person born in 2000 to score in the Football League.

He will now join up with England Under-19s ahead of their European Championship campaign in Georgia, before meeting up with Slaviša Jokanović's squad for the remainder of pre-season.

Speaking to fulhamfctv, Ryan said: "I'm excited to see what's in front of me at this club, hopefully we can all push on now. Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the Gaffer, and I just want to continue that."

Slaviša Jokanović stated: "Ryan joined our First Team squad early during pre-season last summer. One year on, I'm pleased that Ryan's performances have been rewarded with his first professional contract with Fulham and he will continue to be part of our project in the future.

"He is an exceptional young player who has demonstrated loyalty and commitment by continuing to serve this Club since his progression from the Academy."

Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations Tony Khan added: "We've said that our commitment to Fulham is absolute, and that is being proven here today with the news on Ryan.

"Ryan's debut season with the First Team was spectacular, and we are so proud of this very special young man, proud of his accomplishments and the great skills he's demonstrated on the pitch.

"But we are also proud of the class and maturity he's demonstrated both on and off the pitch, far beyond what one would expect from someone so youthful.

"Ryan has worked very hard to achieve success with the Club, and he has earned every bit of the recognition he has received. I'm so excited about Ryan's future with the Fulham Football Club."

nose

This is very encouraging for more reasons than one
good for us obviously
good for him to stay where he will have a proper chance and be properly looked after

Allestree andy

The Club is delighted to announce that Ryan Sessegnon has signed his first professional contract with Fulham.

Having been eligible to sign a pro deal after turning 17 in May, Sessegnon has now committed his future to the Club until at least June 2020.

Born just the other side of the river from Craven Cottage in Roehampton, Sessegnon joined Fulham in the summer of 2008 alongside his twin brother Steven.

After rising through the age groups, and earning international recognition with England along the way, the left-sided player made his First Team bow in the EFL Cup win over Leyton Orient at the start of the 2016/17 season.

It would prove to be a highly successful debut campaign for Sessegnon, as he netted seven times - often from left-back - in 30 appearances. His goal against Cardiff City at the Cottage meant he was the first person born in 2000 to score in the Football League.

He will now join up with England Under-19s ahead of their European Championship campaign in Georgia, before meeting up with Slaviša Jokanović's squad for the remainder of pre-season.

Speaking to fulhamfctv, Ryan said: "I'm excited to see what's in front of me at this club, hopefully we can all push on now. Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the Gaffer, and I just want to continue that."

Slaviša Jokanović stated: "Ryan joined our First Team squad early during pre-season last summer. One year on, I'm pleased that Ryan's performances have been rewarded with his first professional contract with Fulham and he will continue to be part of our project in the future.

"He is an exceptional young player who has demonstrated loyalty and commitment by continuing to serve this Club since his progression from the Academy."

Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations Tony Khan added: "We've said that our commitment to Fulham is absolute, and that is being proven here today with the news on Ryan.

"Ryan's debut season with the First Team was spectacular, and we are so proud of this very special young man, proud of his accomplishments and the great skills he's demonstrated on the pitch.

Bloody good news for all of us well done sess COYW  :54: :54: :54: :54: 049:gif 082.gif
To the limit and beyond

twang

Absolutely brilliant news! Good on the lad, and great work by the club.

Allestree andy

Here here lets hope its the start of what will be our season
To the limit and beyond

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Simply superb news.......

Lovely to see a sensible mature descion by Ryan....

The Old Count

The best pre season news. It also sends a positive message to other players and potential signings.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: twang on June 28, 2017, 04:11:06 PM
Absolutely brilliant news! Good on the lad, and great work by the club.

0001.jpeg

HamsterWheel

His brother Steven has signed for 3 years too - I suspect the two slightly connected. And best of luck to the pair of them.
Here's hoping that Ryan can stay with us long enough to play Prem footy for Fulham before Barcelona come calling.

Woolly Mammoth

Very very encouraging news, good stuff.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

How much more do you think we can get for him now he has signed a contract
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

PokerMatt

Well done FFC and well done Ryan. That's a very sensible decision for the good of his career. Also helping us out as I reckon we'll now get £20m for him if we sell. If we go up, we might not need to.

This is brilliant news.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Lighthouse

Hopefully he can build on his career and no better place than fighting for a first team place at Fulham instead of sitting in the reserves somewhere or being loaned out to a Scottish team in a non league.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Excellent news, and all praise to the club for handling what was probably a tricky situation very well.  One in the eye for all that press speculation and all those so-called ITKs.     049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

EastEndWhite

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 28, 2017, 04:28:40 PM
How much more do you think we can get for him now he has signed a contract

I was hoping this would mean he will be playing some games for us!

OdecaMynoT

The Maestro(posthumously of course),George Cohen and the likes will be very proud of the loyalty shown by this young Fulham man.

Whoever else we sign after this can only be a bonus. It shows the clubs ambition and will hopefully will inspire others to put pen to paper;

Kalas for example. Really good news.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

grandad

Congratulations to all involved in making this happen. The 2 bruvs, their parents, the club personnel involved in the negotiations.
I hope the likes of Dembele, Roberts & Hyndman hold their heads in shame.
Where there's a will there's a wife

YankeeJim

I wonder if we could get the two lads to quietly change names and then sell Steven as Ryan and collect 15 million. When we got caught we could feign innocence and say it was an honest mistake. After all, they are twins.  :008:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.