Author Topic: Is it not time  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Peabody

• cebu
Is it not time
« on: July 16, 2017, 09:07:25 AM »
That our master team builder, went public and explained just how he operates. The only person we haven't heard from is Mr Kline.

Surely, we as supporters/customers deserve to hear from the man who is causing so much controversy in our club, should be interviewed and explain to us what he does and how his system is superior to any other system.

Offline Andy S

• Jimmy Hill
Re: Is it not time
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 09:29:03 AM »
Come on Peabody he is above all that and anyway he doesn't have the time as he is busy number crunching

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 09:35:40 AM »
Don't be too hard on him,he is really busy at the moment feeding his stats into his machine of the the player he has discovered out in Outer Mongolia who has scored 6 goals in 2 years,but is being touted as a great prospect by his 8 followers on Twitty and You Tube...Coyw.

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 09:38:13 AM »
Ain't it great being a Fulham fan... 049:gif  049:gif  049:gif

Online hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 09:46:40 AM »
Ain't it great being a Fulham fan... 049:gif  049:gif  049:gif
Never a dull moment this time of the year.
A committe to decide players coming in ridiculas!

Offline SouthfieldWhite

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 09:56:59 AM »

Great idea, if it is a unique way of finding decent players at a decent price, let's tell the whole league.
I seem to remember it worked pretty well last season when we brought in players like Johansen, Alouku and McDonald etc and went from a near relegation team to a team that got in the play offs playing the best football in the league.

By all means criticise but the window is still open for another 6 weeks yet.

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 10:03:56 AM »

Great idea, if it is a unique way of finding decent players at a decent price, let's tell the whole league.
I seem to remember it worked pretty well last season when we brought in players like Johansen, Alouku and McDonald etc and went from a near relegation team to a team that got in the play offs playing the best football in the league.

I think every team in the country knew who Johansen, Mac and Aluko are....Had you ever heard of Jozabed,Pestos,Cyriac....I hadn't.

Offline SouthfieldWhite

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 10:16:01 AM »

I think every team in the country knew who Johansen, Mac and Aluko are....Had you ever heard of Jozabed,Pestos,Cyriac....I hadn't.

Why didn't every team try to sign Johansen, Alouku and McDonald though.
The fact is we did and all 3 helped us get into a play off position in their first season and in a season we had near on a whole new team.

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 10:42:49 AM »
Stats Boy operates under a cloak of secrecy , he feels his programme is superior to all others and just wouldn't risk an interview for fear of letting something slip.
Word is that he operates not from Motspur Park but from one of those tiny wooden huts at Bletchly Park used by the wartime codebreakers.

Online Statto

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »
There are 3 reasons I believe Kline has a highly unlikeable personality type:

1. Apparently Symons didn't like him

2. We know Jokanovic doesn't like him

3. The club's communications team have chosen to keep him totally hidden from fans, presumably because they think we won't like him either

Offline PokerMatt

• cebu
    • Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 11:22:04 AM »
Wahey nothing like a scapegoat.

Can anyone explain to me exactly the level of influence he has? And I don't mean regurgitated news stories from a year ago.

If indeed you can prove to me that he does single handedly decide all the transfers then I'll have a reason to demand the club tell us about him.

Until then he's a backroom member of staff, who is part of the team working on transfers so I'll leave it that way.

Any time a transfer goes wrong or looks like it's going wrong it's Kline's fault. And the only reason I can see is that people are uncomfortable with stats being an important part of modern football.

I should add I wrote to Khan's man following slav's outburst last season so I'm not an 'apologist'.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:23:58 AM by PokerMatt »
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Online Statto

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 12:01:18 PM »
Wahey nothing like a scapegoat.

Can anyone explain to me exactly the level of influence he has? And I don't mean regurgitated news stories from a year ago.

If indeed you can prove to me that he does single handedly decide all the transfers then I'll have a reason to demand the club tell us about him.

Until then he's a backroom member of staff, who is part of the team working on transfers so I'll leave it that way.

Any time a transfer goes wrong or looks like it's going wrong it's Kline's fault. And the only reason I can see is that people are uncomfortable with stats being an important part of modern football.

I should add I wrote to Khan's man following slav's outburst last season so I'm not an 'apologist'.

The club has confirmed publicly how the two-ticks model works through press releases and the FST.

So Kline, along with the traditional scouts, is one of the two sources of transfer proposals, and then he has the power of veto over those proposals coming from the scouts

Offline PokerMatt

• cebu
    • Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »
So by not ticking the box the scouts also have power of veto over his preferred targets, right?

Online Statto

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 12:04:29 PM »
So by not ticking the box the scouts also have power of veto over his preferred targets, right?

yes agreed that's the way it's been described

Offline PokerMatt

• cebu
    • Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »
Thanks. I hadn't realised there had been anything official by the club.

But knowing the scouts have a veto tells me it's not quite the dictatorship that some are screaming about.