watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it not time

Started by Peabody, July 16, 2017, 09:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

That our master team builder, went public and explained just how he operates. The only person we haven't heard from is Mr Kline.

Surely, we as supporters/customers deserve to hear from the man who is causing so much controversy in our club, should be interviewed and explain to us what he does and how his system is superior to any other system.

Andy S

Come on Peabody he is above all that and anyway he doesn't have the time as he is busy number crunching

Mince n Tatties

Don't be too hard on him,he is really busy at the moment feeding his stats into his machine of the the player he has discovered out in Outer Mongolia who has scored 6 goals in 2 years,but is being touted as a great prospect by his 8 followers on Twitty and You Tube...Coyw.

Mince n Tatties

Ain't it great being a Fulham fan... 049:gif  049:gif  049:gif

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2017, 09:38:13 AM
Ain't it great being a Fulham fan... 049:gif  049:gif  049:gif
Never a dull moment this time of the year.
A committe to decide players coming in ridiculas!

SouthfieldWhite

Great idea, if it is a unique way of finding decent players at a decent price, let's tell the whole league.
I seem to remember it worked pretty well last season when we brought in players like Johansen, Alouku and McDonald etc and went from a near relegation team to a team that got in the play offs playing the best football in the league.

By all means criticise but the window is still open for another 6 weeks yet.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 16, 2017, 09:56:59 AM

Great idea, if it is a unique way of finding decent players at a decent price, let's tell the whole league.
I seem to remember it worked pretty well last season when we brought in players like Johansen, Alouku and McDonald etc and went from a near relegation team to a team that got in the play offs playing the best football in the league.

I think every team in the country knew who Johansen, Mac and Aluko are....Had you ever heard of Jozabed,Pestos,Cyriac....I hadn't.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2017, 10:03:56 AM

I think every team in the country knew who Johansen, Mac and Aluko are....Had you ever heard of Jozabed,Pestos,Cyriac....I hadn't.

Why didn't every team try to sign Johansen, Alouku and McDonald though.
The fact is we did and all 3 helped us get into a play off position in their first season and in a season we had near on a whole new team.

filham

Stats Boy operates under a cloak of secrecy , he feels his programme is superior to all others and just wouldn't risk an interview for fear of letting something slip.
Word is that he operates not from Motspur Park but from one of those tiny wooden huts at Bletchly Park used by the wartime codebreakers.

PokerMatt

Wahey nothing like a scapegoat.

Can anyone explain to me exactly the level of influence he has? And I don't mean regurgitated news stories from a year ago.

If indeed you can prove to me that he does single handedly decide all the transfers then I'll have a reason to demand the club tell us about him.

Until then he's a backroom member of staff, who is part of the team working on transfers so I'll leave it that way.

Any time a transfer goes wrong or looks like it's going wrong it's Kline's fault. And the only reason I can see is that people are uncomfortable with stats being an important part of modern football.

I should add I wrote to Khan's man following slav's outburst last season so I'm not an 'apologist'.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

PokerMatt

So by not ticking the box the scouts also have power of veto over his preferred targets, right?

PokerMatt

Thanks. I hadn't realised there had been anything official by the club.

But knowing the scouts have a veto tells me it's not quite the dictatorship that some are screaming about.

Peabody

OK, I stand accused of scapegoating and I plead guilty. True he is responsible for some good signings but the three he brought in to improve of scoring whilst very enjoyable to watch, were hardly prolific in finding the back of the net, don't get me wrong, I am glad we have them but their goal scoring needs to improve. I am hoping and praying that we do sign someone who will prove a far better striking option than previous signings.

OK, what I am asking for could let the cat out of the bag concerning Fulhams plans but I think most professionals are aware of how the stats system works, all I want is for Mr Kline to prove to me a football fan as to why his system is beneficial to my Football team.

SouthfieldWhite

Unbelievable , don't know where some are getting their info from.

There's no hidden agendas, Slav gets on well with CK
DONT BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ.

hovewhite

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2017, 01:02:19 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 16, 2017, 12:41:39 PM

Unbelievable , don't know where some are getting their info from.

There's no hidden agendas, Slav gets on well with CK
DONT BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ.

The source of Slav not liking Kline is Slav. He came out publicly about it last August. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the more recent rubbish in the mirror and accept They've probably learned their respective limits now, but clearly that underlying tension will always be there
Will agree with that 100%
Think it will only work so long however.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: PokerMatt on July 16, 2017, 11:22:04 AM

Can anyone explain to me exactly the level of influence he has? And I don't mean regurgitated news stories from a year ago.

If indeed you can prove to me that he does single handedly decide all the transfers then I'll have a reason to demand the club tell us about him.

Until then he's a backroom member of staff, who is part of the team working on transfers so I'll leave it that way.

Any time a transfer goes wrong or looks like it's going wrong it's Kline's fault. And the only reason I can see is that people are uncomfortable with stats being an important part of modern football.

I should add I wrote to Khan's man following slav's outburst last season so I'm not an 'apologist'.

We know what his level of influence should be because the club has via at least two statements I know of have made it clear.
What appears to of happened (or happening) is his "challenging personality" has been confrontational and there is evidence he has thrown his weight around, quoting his privileged position of power.

You are voicing an opinion like others the difference being without offering any evidence while seemingly intelligent journalism and sources within the club have been used to back up others concerns.

Of course everyone's idea of the truth is their own perception based on their own understanding and each will try to prove their truth is correct while others is false,so what about facts?

I think you will find the majority have no problem with "Stats" and many will expect the club to embrace them and therefore the tools aren't the issue.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but while the clubs statements clarify the roles and procedures I think many of us have worked in situations where people are guilty of interfering and over stepping their boundaries etc etc. 

My point is, he may have "invented" a valid and useful "tool" but there's enough evidence (perceived or otherwise) to suggest HE has caused unrest and there MAYBE a case that the manager is unhappy with some aspects of recruitment and that is down to Kline's personality, the way he weights his argument and uses his family connection. 

Unless of course you have some new info?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 17, 2017, 09:39:58 AM

We know what his level of influence should be because the club has via at least two statements I know of have made it clear.
What appears to of happened (or happening) is his "challenging personality" has been confrontational and there is evidence he has thrown his weight around, quoting his privileged position of power.

You are voicing an opinion like others the difference being without offering any evidence while seemingly intelligent journalism and sources within the club has been used to back up others concerns.

Of course everyone's idea of the truth is their own perception based on their own understanding and each will try to prove their truth is correct while others is false,so what about facts?

These contrary views to yours at least have some evidence to form an opinion and support their "truth".

I think you will find the majority have no problem with "Stats" and many will expect the club to embrace them and therefore the tools aren't the issue.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but while club statements clarify the roles and procedures I think many of us have worked in situations where people are guilty of interfering and over stepping their boundaries etc etc. 

My point is, he may have "invented" a valid and useful "tool" but there's enough evidence (perceived or otherwise) to suggest HE has caused unrest and there MAYBE a case that the manager is unhappy with some aspects of recruitment and that is down to Kline's personality, the way he weights his argument and uses his family connection. 

Bill Taylor's Apprentice. Your analysis in my opinion is as close as it gets.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 17, 2017, 09:44:00 AM

You are voicing an opinion like others the difference being without offering any evidence while seemingly intelligent journalism and sources within the club has been used to back up others concerns.

These contrary views to yours at least have some evidence to form an opinion and support their "truth".

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but while club statements clarify the roles and procedures I think many of us have worked in situations where people are guilty of interfering and over stepping their boundaries etc etc. 

Bill Taylor's Apprentice. Your analysis in my opinion is as close as it gets.

Thanks!
I don't pretend to be the fountain of all knowledge but maybe the second espresso helped focus the mind and see the big picture?   :54:

PokerMatt

You are voicing an opinion like others the difference being without offering any evidence while seemingly intelligent journalism and sources within the club have been used to back up others concerns.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but while the clubs statements clarify the roles and procedures I think many of us have worked in situations where people are guilty of interfering and over stepping their boundaries etc etc. 

A good reply that's given me food for thought.

The only evidence and reports I've seen were one from a year or more ago that explained the two ticks system - this was around the time of the Jokanovic outburst - and one from the club when Khan Junior promoted both Kline and Talbot to an equal position. I'm not sure anything I've read supports the opinion that Kline's influence is anything more than the club website has stated. That influence being an equal partner in player recruitment.

Of course if I've missed anything since the above that tells us that it isn't in fact equal then I'll stand corrected of course. I'm not aware of his personality, or whether he clashes with other staff, but even if that's true it's not like every place of work is harmonious. And (as I've said, I defended Joka over the outburst and wrote to Shad's right-hand man) I'd even venture that Joka himself is probably a difficult bugger to work with.

My evidence for things not being as bad as some are making out is that our coach signed a new contract having already worked with Khan for a year and a half.

LBNo11

...Southfield White, as ever, is on the money. The stats, biometrics, profiles are being put together to make a team, it is a team sport after all. Yes there are important, major cogs in all machinery, but to build a team that works - and possibly with the confined of FFP limiting the type and size of player we would like - plays a part.

Craig Kline is, as far as I'm aware working with Slavisa and malicious reports in the media to the contrary are swiftly picked up by those who want to believe this to be the case out of impatience to the apparent delays in signings...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC