Author Topic: Old Sod's Army-not so fond memories  (Read 418 times)

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
Re: Old Sod's Army-not so fond memories
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 02:31:24 PM »
A mate of mine wanted to come to a game and so we went to the match v Notts County. Lost 5-1 at home. Following season won 5-1 against them. But oddly enough my mate didn't want to come after the first time.

Ws that the one when Peter Mellor was injured and Les Strong went in goal?

Yep, We were already 4 or 5 down by the time Mellor was injured. I wouldn't mind but I bought some lucky heather from a gypsy in the Underground.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Offline cmg

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 02:51:12 PM »

We were lucky that players like Best, Marsh, Mullery, Moore chose Fulham in the twilight of their careers.

We sure were. Marsh was a bit of a fleeting glimpse, but the others were full value and rarely disappointed.
It's sometimes overlooked that Moore, because he is so obviously not 'one of ours', made 150 appearances in our colours (124 league) - more than many established Fulham 'names'.
Nothing was delivered

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 04:10:37 PM »
Fulham 0 Port Vale 6, didn't feel well coming down on the train,then watching that debacle shaking and sweating and spluttering.
Was in bed with the flu for 2 weeks not a cold as all call that the flu now...Couldn't move eat anything severe temperature.
So the Port Vale game doesn't sit well with me...lol

In fact I will go as far as to say, that this defeat was all your fault. Coming down to the Cottage spreading your germs. No wonder the players had an off day.
Come to think of it, I remember now, I went there full of the days of spring. Then almost immediately I went down with this strength sapening bug, and felt rough all week.
So now I know why, hmmm.

That's me all over,I'm generous I'll give anybody anything.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 04:33:00 PM »
Fulham 0 Port Vale 6, didn't feel well coming down on the train,then watching that debacle shaking and sweating and spluttering.
Was in bed with the flu for 2 weeks not a cold as all call that the flu now...Couldn't move eat anything severe temperature.
So the Port Vale game doesn't sit well with me...lol

In fact I will go as far as to say, that this defeat was all your fault. Coming down to the Cottage spreading your germs. No wonder the players had an off day.
Come to think of it, I remember now, I went there full of the days of spring. Then almost immediately I went down with this strength sapening bug, and felt rough all week.
So now I know why, hmmm.

That's me all over,I'm generous I'll give anybody anything.

That's what she said last night !
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘