watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who was last years Best/Worst Signing?

Started by Marcel_Gecov, July 17, 2017, 02:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

14 transfers in last year and I was intrigued to see who the board thought was the best and worst signings from last year and why?

Equally, which one of the 14 (12 with Jozabed and Malone leaving) do we think could be the most improved player this year?

J.Perkins

Best: McDonald. Easy decision. Our best player.

Worst: Sigurdsson. Awful CB, who we thought would bring much more.

Improved: Kebano. Can see him being the star man this season.

westcliff white

Agree with Perkins.

Without KMAC Stef and Tom do not get the freedom to play the way they do

Siggurdson is another case of looking good at one tournament, I said when we were singing him I hope it isnt true but was laughed at. I hoped he would prove me wroing and he may do in time (Ream we all had a go at and he improved last season), so fingers crossed.

Kebano - came on well after a sticky start, hopinghe now pushes on
Every day is a Fulham day

colinwhite

K mac was a rerat signing but Aluko on a free has to be the biggest snip. He was the one who could make the difference when nothing else was  working .He scared opposition defenses. Its a very close call between Kmac, Aluko ,and Stefan Johansen who each in their own way were tremendous signings.
Sigardson was Poor  but martin the for me the biggest disappointment. He set us back when we were just getting going and never really had his heart in it.

hovewhite

Worst, joint,martin(awful attitude for his ability)
Sigurdson(seemed completley out of his depth)
Best malone,kenny mac,johansan,aluko.
Most improved over season ,ream,kebano.

Southcoastffc

Best in Johansen. K Mac v v close.

Worst - Well we've not seen Petsos,  and hardly any Jozabed so they might be worse than Sigurdsson.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

JackHFFC1990

For me best signing was Johansen.
Worst must be Sigurdsson who I expected more from.
Expect big things from Ayite this year

Woolly Mammoth

Looks like poor old Sigurdson is going to end up as a never was, unless his game has a massive turn around, but I cannot see it myself.
As for Kevin Mac, and Johanson, great signings along with Aluko and Ayite to be fair.
That is why we need to build on the quality players we have, to ensure we can challenge again for promotion. Striker, Two defenders  and probably a Goal Keeper, at the very least, otherwise if injuries play a part we are kippered.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Wolf

Best Johansen.

Worst Martin for all the nonsense that came with him. Button was underwhelming to say the least.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

aaronmcguigan

Worst signing has to be Sigurdsson. Signed in the last week of the transfer window and there was a question whether his signing was needed. At the time he signed, we still had Bodurov,
stearman and Grimmer so the backup across the positions he could play was sorted.

Added to this the fact that before he signed we still didn't have a proper striker other than Cauley and Matt (who was to be sold) and we went out and wasted a few million on someone we didn't need. Can go further and question the little he done on the pitch but I'm just saying there was no need for the signing other than a cameo against England in the Euros. The money would have bought us a striker even Cyriac permanent would have helped more than a backup defender

Mullers OG

Best - K Mac; close behind Johanson and Ayite.

Worst - Sigurdson

Most improved - Kebano and Ream

Most overrated - Aluko, who flatters to deceive  and Button who makes Betts appear a better keeper than he is.

Carborundum

Best:  Johansen. Great finisher, strong tackler, indefatigable. 

Worst: Jozabed.  Enough said already about this individual.

Likely to improve:  Suspect we will get a much better return from Odoi.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Carborundum on July 17, 2017, 09:21:54 PM

Indefatigable is one hell of a word. I've been trying for two years to get it into a sentence and I just have!

Jonaldiniho 88

Mitro has to be the worst signing in my lifetime. Needed immediate help and 12 months later due to relegation it was just wrong on so many levels. Unpopularly, loaning berba off improved us in no way and if we could have got him to play who knows

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 17, 2017, 11:33:59 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on July 17, 2017, 09:21:54 PM

Indefatigable is one hell of a word. I've been trying for two years to get it into a sentence and I just have!

Yes it is a hell of a word, and Johansen never seems to get tired, he never stops trying. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Chutney

Best: K Mac, a huge part of the reason we are able to play the way we do, so much iof the work he does goes unnoticed but he is crucial to us. What a fantastic signing.
Runner up : Johansen, really surprised me, wasn't expecting much from him, proved me wrong and showed commitment and class, I love the effort he puts in.

Worst: Button, cost us 10-15 points on his own, not a good shot stopper, has awful distribution and terrible coming off his line. Truly awful signing.
Runner up: Siggurdson, Cost us £4mil and our highest earner, signed off the back of a good tournament but quite clearly out of his depth t this level, now 30 years old and has little to no re-sale value. 
C O Y W

bill taylors apprentice

Its been a while since we all had such a bunch to choose from but..........

Best signing,  Johansen as he was the spark that set off the other excellent performances!

As for worst, well again with so many signings there's also a few to pick from but I say Sigurdsson as he was to be one of the pieces of the jigsaw to make us a tight, solid defence and he wasn't any better than Bodorov!

@jolslover

STH H3