watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This Board's Etiquette toward Sources?

Started by Marcel_Gecov, July 18, 2017, 12:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

hi guys, I recently joined the board. I have a contact at the club who has previously given me certain info and I wondered what the etiquette was in regards to posting it as of ourse there is always the danger that it's unfounded and can excite/incite fans.

Example pieces of info he's told me:

*After Kit Symon's sacking, Laudrup was spotted at Motspur Park interviewing for his next role after being sacked by Lekhwiya
*Marten Jol had a affiliation with an agent and was allegedly taking backhanders in regards to buying particular players...Csaba Somogyi allegedly one.
*Scouting team unsurprisingly not happy with Kline for implementing the two boxes ticked policy and a number of decent players have been rejected - as we know a move for Andreas Pereira fell through due to lack of data.

How does this hang with what others know (alot of detail I hear feels very negative for somebody who is closely affiliated to the club) equally do you guys want me to fish further (I'm seeing this guy again on Thursday)?

therealjaybee

As a fan, the more info the better. But at the same time, I understand it's a business and so some things should stay behind closed doors. Any info is always interesting to hear as long as it's genuine and we avoid being sensationalist about everything.

westcliff white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 12:04:53 PM
hi guys, I recently joined the board. I have a contact at the club who has previously given me certain info and I wondered what the etiquette was in regards to posting it as of ourse there is always the danger that it's unfounded and can excite/incite fans.

Example pieces of info he's told me:

*After Kit Symon's sacking, Laudrup was spotted at Motspur Park interviewing for his next role after being sacked by Lekhwiya
*Marten Jol had a affiliation with an agent and was allegedly taking backhanders in regards to buying particular players...Csaba Somogyi allegedly one.
*Scouting team unsurprisingly not happy with Kline for implementing the two boxes ticked policy and a number of decent players have been rejected - as we know a move for Andreas Pereira fell through due to lack of data.

How does this hang with what others know (alot of detail I hear feels very negative for somebody who is closely affiliated to the club) equally do you guys want me to fish further (I'm seeing this guy again on Thursday)?

If you have info shar ein on the transfer thread, its a silly season thread after all. Perosnally i wouldnt come on saying where I got the info from if it wa sinside the club as your stating here, but thats just me.

For the record though My info is that there is no issue between the scouting and stats sides, or between SJ and CK. They like many of us have the usual work disagreements, everyone should remember you cant like everyone in life, but as long as you can work together its all good. Shows how people can get differing information
Every day is a Fulham day

SouthfieldWhite

I'm very fortunate to find out stuff from within the club and also outside it,
But that info stays only with me, I don't even tell my wife.
I found out a while ago that Sess was staying and Parker most likely going to Tottenham.
I get told in confidence and I'd never break the confidence.
Sometimes I may drop hints , well not so drop hints but strongly disagree with someone if I know they are talking rubbish as I may of been told the opposite .

Holders

M. Gekov, if you've got real info, please post it but don't give your source so as to compromise him/her.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bill taylors apprentice

Say what you like its then down to the readers to believe & comment or not!

Personally, when someone comes on here and makes a post like yours, especially in the apparently polite and naive way you did I take it with a pinch of salt! 

But hey! fire away!

Holders

If someone makes a habit of posting rumours that prove to be unfounded they'll soon get found out.

therealjaybee

By the way, Ibrahimovic has been spotted at Motspur Park. That's what MY sources tell me anyway...  :hook:

Mince n Tatties

Its a well known fact Hilda the tealady left because she got caught pilfering the sugar cubes. 049:gif

PokerMatt

Any information is welcome. But bear in mind you will get the Spanish Inquisition.

And also as a new poster you don't have the history of posts like some others, so that will be questioned too.

Some inside info I belive, some I don't. But I won't harass anyone who wants to share.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

f321ffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 18, 2017, 01:51:16 PM
Its a well known fact Hilda the tealady left because she got caught pilfering the sugar cubes. 049:gif
Absolutely not true, she was caught helping herself to George the maintenance mans meat and two veg.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: f321ffc on July 18, 2017, 02:14:52 PM
Absolutely not true, she was caught helping herself to George the maintenance mans meat and two veg.

I heard it was his Three Piece Suite.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

MikeW

Remind me .... this is the era of fake news.  Don't believe a word of the Original Post.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MikeW on July 18, 2017, 06:04:20 PM
Remind me .... this is the era of fake news.  Don't believe a word of the Original Post.

Fair enough, I don't have anything other than a conversation I have had to prove it, yet you can't disprove it either. Bit of an awkward one.

Over time I will hear nuggets of info, some of it will be bang on, some of it won't. Lets reconvene in the future and we can compare notes.

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 18, 2017, 02:50:17 PM

No No No, she was caught licking the chocolate off the Hob Nobs and passing them off as plain Hob Nobs

love4ffc

Part of the problem is we live in a world where things happen fast, get reported fast and then change instantly fast.  You could have someone who is in the know, gets told something that afternoon and then things happen behind the scenes that change everything making the person in the know look like a fool. 

I truely believe there are several good people on this board who are told information that at the time of telling was 100% true but, by the time they post their info the situation changes making their info null and void and them to look like idiots. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Logicalman

Quote from: Nero on July 18, 2017, 06:53:13 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 18, 2017, 02:50:17 PM

No No No, she was caught licking the chocolate off the Hob Nobs and passing them off as plain Hob Nobs

Better than the other way round I would guess!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Andy S

Are you saying that this is a lazy reporter testing us out with dodgy news to write an article in the Sun? No he wouldn't do that

Holders

What puzzles me about the OP is that the writer finds it necessary to ask whether we on this board would be interested in valid information.