watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Christensen Departs

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, July 18, 2017, 02:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Gone to Brondby IF for an undisclosed fee.

For me this is a big loss, he looked like a really hot prospect until his injury. And at Burton it just looked like he might be picking himself back up again. What do people think? We must have players lined up then to come in.

Woolly Mammoth

Blimey another one through the exit door which already needs oiling. Is now the time to consider joining a five aside League.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

All I can think of, is that the club must have players lined up surely, at this stage of proceedings, if they feel they can let LVC go, unless they need the extra finance to complete a certain deal.

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

Not exactly unexpected since he said he'd likely leave the club at the end of last season.

Too bad that it didn't work out for him, hope he does well at Brøndby.

love4ffc

Another player who just never could get his footing right with any of the Fulham managers.  Wish all the best. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AlexW132

The club better have some good signings coming up because I've had it up to here with them this window.

ToodlesMcToot

Seemed to always be on the cusp of something really good for us only to have it derailed by injury or a loan. Wish him the best but would have preferred to see the best here.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

therealjaybee

Could be that this move comes off the back of O'Reilly looking good in preseason and Tayo Edun getting plaudits during the World Cup. People saying we are selling our backup aren't looking deeper to some great talent we have already in the squad

Chutney

Always rated LVC and wish him all the best, I don't think this will be the last we'll see of him, has all the potential to be a top player. Might well get to play in Europe with Brondby as they are 2-0 up in the first leg of their qualifier.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: therealjaybee on July 18, 2017, 02:28:15 PM
Could be that this move comes off the back of O'Reilly looking good in preseason and Tayo Edun getting plaudits during the World Cup. People saying we are selling our backup aren't looking deeper to some great talent we have already in the squad

You make some good points actually.
My information is that Fulham are looking at bringing England U21 International Sheyi Ojo on loan from Liverpool. 

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Good luck to him.  The wonder goals he scored in our first autumn in the Championship were rays of sunshine during a time of unrelenting gloom.  But the thing I appreciated just as much was his willingness to track back and cover, which often put his teammates to shame.

ffc73

Disappointing but not unsurprising.  I know many disagree with this viewpoint, and others agree, IMO LVC = Piazon

Piazon came in last year and LVC did not game time + was loaned out in January

Piazon comes back for 17/18 = LVC departs

Stearman, Jozabed and now LVC.  None were part of Joka's 16/17 plans so if we have moved them all on for money then that is good business.  It also does not necessarily mean that we are planning to bring in replacements for 17/18.  They were effectively not with us and therefore do not need replacing.  Especially if Edun, Adrenian, O'Reilly are coming through

bill taylors apprentice

A shame he has departed, I liked his energy and his attacking play but IMO he's a little lacking in his positional play and  defensively and this is why he wasn't rated.

Its also true there are good youngsters coming through on the conveyor belt and that's how it should be, so do you give him a pay rise and a new contract or move an equally good (or better) youngster into his slot?

A nice problem to have!

Kavanagh next hopefully!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FFC73 on July 18, 2017, 02:53:20 PM
Disappointing but not unsurprising.  I know many disagree with this viewpoint, and others agree, IMO LVC = Piazon

Piazon came in last year and LVC did not game time + was loaned out in January

Piazon comes back for 17/18 = LVC departs

Stearman, Jozabed and now LVC.  None were part of Joka's 16/17 plans so if we have moved them all on for money then that is good business.  It also does not necessarily mean that we are planning to bring in replacements for 17/18.  They were effectively not with us and therefore do not need replacing.  Especially if Edun, Adrenian, O'Reilly are coming through

Makes perfect sense to me. 
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

e4b

Good luck to him. Never quite made it here after his injury.

Mullers OG

This is really sad news for many of the supporters and also I fear for the team.  For LVC it is probably a relief, getting away from a manager who didn't appear to appreciate him and moving to a club where he can play European football and push his claims for a place in the Danish international team.

Together with many others who support FFC I wish him well.  I suspect we will see much more of him in the future playing at a very high level and we will look back and regret his departure.

There does seem to be a problem with the psychology of the club.  There are those whose faces just don't seem to fit with the management whatever the views of us, as supporters, might feel.  If they do find themselves in that position they are well off leaving rather than rotting.  I think of LVC, Woodrow, Betts, (Madl?) etc

I wish it were different 

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Mullers OG on July 18, 2017, 04:00:27 PM

There does seem to be a problem with the psychology of the club.  There are those whose faces just don't seem to fit with the management whatever the views of us, as supporters, might feel.  If they do find themselves in that position they are well off leaving rather than rotting.  I think of LVC, Woodrow, Betts, (Madl?) etc

I wish it were different

How it should be IMO - the management see these players every day on the training pitch and ultimately it's Joka's job if they don't perform. If they aren't deemed good enough then fine. Joka needs players who he can trust. As long as better comes in/is promoted from youth then I'm all for it.

Fulhamerica23

Fan favorite for sure, but really never showed much for us aside from being one of our best players in one of our worst teams in recent times. Slav obviously didn't rate him. We had an offer we probably couldn't refuse for a player not in the plans. Wish him well, but this isn't doom and gloom info. As others have said, he didn't contribute last season so we can't really say we got worse today.

Southcoastffc

Big big shame (albeit it may be the right thing for the club and for LVC).  What talent he has, and I hope he can rediscover it.  Here's what might be his finest moment with us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHi5ppHwq0I
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

elgreenio

Remember being completely underwhelmed by him the first few times I saw him for the 18s, he looked so slow (and that's saying something when he was next to Samboh). Gotta say he turned it around and clearly got used to the English game well, it's a shame to see another one from the golden couple of years of youth football depart but it's clearly the right move for him instead of being bit part yet again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence