watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Christensen Departs

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, July 18, 2017, 02:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie88

Anyone know roughly what sort of fee we got for him?

grandad

Sorry it never worked out for him. He never recovered his form & belief after his injury. No point keeping a player who is never going to be good enough for what we need from a player.
There are squad players who can be useful in an emergency such as Tunnicliffe & LVC fits that mould. However they are never going to feature regularly in the match squad. It is only fair to let them go & try to find success elsewhere. Good luck to LVC, I wish him well.
Where there's a will there's a wife

aaronmcguigan

Really liked LVC and appreciated what he done in what games he got so I'm happy he's got a move to play regular football at what he might see as a step up, they finished 2nd in his homeland as well as playing European football.

He's near 23 and needs football, another Burton type loan would suit nobody

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: elgreenio on July 18, 2017, 04:35:58 PM
Remember being completely underwhelmed by him the first few times I saw him for the 18s, he looked so slow (and that's saying something when he was next to Samboh). Gotta say he turned it around and clearly got used to the English game well, it's a shame to see another one from the golden couple of years of youth football depart but it's clearly the right move for him instead of being bit part yet again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, same was me when I watched him in theu18s, never really impressed me and was surprised when he got a pro contract and he broke into the first team.
But I take my hat off to him as he did improve a lot and shame Joka didn't really rate him.
He very nearly went this time last season as he was frustrated with how much time he was getting.

Milo

We will regret this one.
I imagine he asked to leave.

Injury stunted him rising like Cairney.

Max Headroom

I'm really disappointed to see him go, but am pleased for him that he won't have another season languishing on the bench. One of my favourite players.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 18, 2017, 04:37:54 PM
Anyone know roughly what sort of fee we got for him?

The word FEE is not found in a Dictionary owned by Fulham Football Club.
But the word UNDISCLOSED is.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ed25

personally i think we were very fortunate last year with injuries as KMac, Stef Jo and TC pretty much played every game of the season. Slavs bench was at times bizarre and was calling for a player like Lasse to feature. With Parker and Jozabed leaving, I am disappointed that they have let him go as we are due some injuries to our midfield 3. You could argue that Cisse could do KMacs job, Piazon TCs but I feel that Lasse's engine and dynamism could easily do Stefs job if injured and certainly is one of those players who is direct and dangerous of the bench.

aaronmcguigan

in terms of fee, transfermarkt has LVCs value as €2m, but doubt the fee would touch half that. Brondby don't seem to do big figures, and lack of news aboun It suggests we didn't haggle on price maybe

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Statto on July 18, 2017, 04:36:08 PM
Quote from: Mullers OG on July 18, 2017, 04:00:27 PM
There does seem to be a problem with the psychology of the club.  There are those whose faces just don't seem to fit with the management whatever the views of us, as supporters, might feel.  If they do find themselves in that position they are well off leaving rather than rotting.  I think of LVC, Woodrow, Betts, (Madl?) etc

Could it be that those players just aren't good enough?

Woodrow and Betts in particular are a pair of jokers so whilst fans love them, I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes they're lacking the professionalism to play in the first or second tier in this country.

I'm disappointed to see LVC go but why? because he looked good for a relatively brief spell nearly 3 years ago. I'm not going to question the manager's/club's decisions based on that.
I think this is probably the writing on the wall for Woodrow too, however I think we would all prefer that we see some movement in through the door before another ones leaves...
Quark, strangeness and charm

Carborundum

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 18, 2017, 04:32:42 PM
Big big shame (albeit it may be the right thing for the club and for LVC).  What talent he has, and I hope he can rediscover it.  Here's what might be his finest moment with us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHi5ppHwq0I
Brilliant clip, thanks for sharing.  A goal that reminds me why football is so good, why sitting in the cold is worth it.  If there was a prize for assist of the season, Rodellega's vision and selflessness would have been a candidate. 

Andy S

It's all very well looking good in flashes but if you never progress past that......
The manager who watches him train every day says no. That's good enough for me

JackHFFC1990

Talented player but was never going to get much game time with Johansen & Cairney on another level to LVC. Good move for him.

hovewhite

Wrong time for LVC unlucky but right time to move on for club and player.wish him good luck

davew

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 18, 2017, 02:19:18 PM
The club better have some good signings coming up because I've had it up to here with them this window.
Me too, I am away on hols and today been catching up with what has been happening or rather what hasn't been happening, disappointing so far!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Deeping_white

This might be contentious but I dont think he was actually that good. He looked decent in a truly terrible team for a short period, and after his injury he was never that good again. You've got to ask the question; if he's truly that good then why didn't Jok fancy him, and why has he ended up playing for Brondby when otherwise he'd have plenty of options

Andy S

I think people wear rose tinted specs when it comes to some players.And good I say it's much better to give players who are weak on confidence encouragement

aaronmcguigan

People will naturally gravitate towards the academy boys , and then the longer serving guys. LVC, Betts, Cauley are in both categories. There is a danger of fans favouring them for nostalgia rather than talent which I think has happened here. The 3 have talent but whether it's down to self confidence, man management, coaching or actual ability, none of the 3 have actually developed and have stagnated throughout their time here. They haven't improved through their key years and maybe a change of environment will be the kick they need to push on ?
Hopefully the next bunch of Sess', O Riley , maybe Edun? Can get in the squad but crucially kick on , keep improving and developing

HatterDon

LVC is a talented international footballer. Had he left us to go to a top flight team in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, or England, he could be considered a great player. First division in Denmark? That's for guys who AREN'T great.

I love the guy and wish him well.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

e4b

Quote from: HatterDon on July 20, 2017, 12:29:18 AM
LVC is a talented international footballer. Had he left us to go to a top flight team in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, or England, he could be considered a great player. First division in Denmark? That's for guys who AREN'T great.

I love the guy and wish him well.
+1