watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think the mist has cleared

Started by nose, July 19, 2017, 01:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

The senior management have no intrest in the team succeeding. they pay lip service at season ticket time. I really thought we would have seem at least two or three exciting/interesting developments by now.

From where we were in May we needed so few additions to galvanise the place, as it is nothing worthy of the name. worse, we have lost more players than we have got. I love the youngsters, is that who we are going to rely on, if so let the manager say so. not a bad idea but we reamin very short in the squad.

very disappointed and feel let down again, not as bad as january because that was bizarre, but this is bad because our peadership seems unable to learn a single lesson. I am not expecting anything anymore from our senior management, they clearly are not taking our clubs long term welfare seriously. inactivity lat summer, then winter and now again are going to thwart the best manager in the division's chances to do well and get us promoted.

It's ridiculous. If they show so little ambition I would rather they didn't do the positive PR stuff that suggests the opposite. TK said his ambition was the prem, on the web site, not with this inacivity. I would rather he would have said nothing.

BedsFFC

It's your view.

It's absurd. But its your view.

The vast majority of fans and, more importantly, the people in the game, know that the window hasn't really got going yet. It never does by mid July.

But, thats your view. I imagine we will hear it many many many times in the future

JoelH5

Quote from: nose on July 19, 2017, 01:28:32 PM
The senior management have no intrest in the team succeeding. they pay lip service at season ticket time. I really thought we would have seem at least two or three exciting/interesting developments by now.

From where we were in May we needed so few additions to galvanise the place, as it is nothing worthy of the name. worse, we have lost more players than we have got. I love the youngsters, is that who we are going to rely on, if so let the manager say so. not a bad idea but we reamin very short in the squad.

very disappointed and feel let down again, not as bad as january because that was bizarre, but this is bad because our peadership seems unable to learn a single lesson. I am not expecting anything anymore from our senior management, they clearly are not taking our clubs long term welfare seriously. inactivity lat summer, then winter and now again are going to thwart the best manager in the division's chances to do well and get us promoted.

It's ridiculous. If they show so little ambition I would rather they didn't do the positive PR stuff that suggests the opposite. TK said his ambition was the prem, on the web site, not with this inacivity. I would rather he would have said nothing.

Remember the Man Utd of the South comments...

It's all talk. Nothing new.

As said above though, it is realatively early days.

If we are here in two weeks time then I agree. Still, getting Cairney to extended was massive IMO
I was there, standing in the Putney end

nose

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 19, 2017, 01:54:28 PM
It's your view.

The vast majority of fans and, more importantly, the people in the game, know that the window hasn't really got going yet. It never does by mid July.

But, thats your view. I imagine we will hear it many many many times in the future

What is absurd is your response, no offence (honest). You are spouting the same party line I heard last summer and then again in January. we should have a squad in place now, for joca to work with so we are ready to go on august 5th, just over two weeks away.

What is absurd is with with less than 20 days to kick off is not having enough players in situ.

What is absurd is tony khan saying we are ambitious for the premiership and not having players enough to make a first 11 capable let alone a squad.

You will surely hear this again, until the management of our club stop saying things that are impossible OR they act. The transfer window only needs the desire to make it happen rather than to wait for events to overtkae you.

nose

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 19, 2017, 01:56:16 PM
Quote from: nose on July 19, 2017, 01:28:32 PM

As said above though, it is realatively early days.

If we are here in two weeks time then I agree. Still, getting Cairney to extended was massive IMO

cairney was massive I agree and yes I have heard all the words before but we were so close and risk gong backwards and likely losing the manager whose familly I believe still resides overseas.

BedsFFC

Quote from: nose on July 19, 2017, 02:02:12 PM
It's your view.

What is absurd is your response, no offence (honest). You are spouting the same party line I heard last summer and then again in January. we should have a squad in place now, for joca to work with so we are ready to go on august 5th, just over two weeks away.

What is absurd is with with less than 20 days to kick off is not having enough players in situ.

What is absurd is tony khan saying we are ambitious for the premiership and not having players enough to make a first 11 capable let alone a squad.

You will surely hear this again, until the management of our club stop saying things that are impossible OR they act. The transfer window only needs the desire to make it happen rather than to wait for events to overtkae you.

If you feel that strongly and want the club to hear you, speak with the FST, try and get other committee that meets the club regularly to voice your concern or try and go to the meetings yourself.

You have made your position very clear on this board through probably half of your 5000+ posts. We get it. We really do

Chutney

The simple fact is, that with 2 weeks until the season starts, our current squad is weaker than it was at the end of the season, and several teams that finished around us or just below us have strengthened.

This is worrying, especially when our manager said he wanted his squad in place in time to have a full pre-season. Anyone we bring in from now onward will need time to settle, which will potentially cost us points.

However, I think its naive of us to expect any different, the people in charge of our transfers are and have been completely incompetent for several windows now. Last summer was our first acceptable transfer window for years, and even then we wasted 8mil on Jozabed and Siggurdson and started the season without a striker (other than panic loan martin) and David Button as our #1. Failure in the January window cost us promotion and I fear that Tony Khan and his cronies will continue to fail window after window while we allow them to.

Keeping Cairney was huge as was keeping Jokanovic, but as a whole our squad is currently weaker than it was on the final day of last season, considering we scraped the play offs, it doesn't bode well for next season.

This transfer window has already been a failure given the time new signings need to bed in to the squad and get going to full potential, lets just hope that Tony Khan brings in enough quality in the next two weeks that we can make up the points lost later in the season.

A pessimistic view? perhaps, but also unfortunately a realistic one, let's not be naive.
C O Y W

Lighthouse

The mist may have cleared for some but others still look pretty foggy. If in January we brought in two or three players in the right positions for the spine of the team. There is a strong possibility we would be a Prem side now. But then we may not as we had some great results after January. While a few other Championship teams appear to have already been busy in this window others appear less so. Meanwhile I don't think that many would argue that as of this moment. We are weaker than we were at the end of the last season.

We still look for the players we should have looked for in January.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

If we are being realistic, it is nonsense to say the management of the club aren't interested in the team going forward. They clearly are but at the right price. Look at Rolan we've agreed a price, the player is unsure, his club then want more money, we say no, all fair to me. Unless you have insider knowledge to say that the management of the club have given up it is not a fair comment to make.

The management of the club certainly have not got as many deals over the line as I wanted, but apart from my season ticket and my subscription to FFCTV I don't have any financial input to demand answers nor do I have insider knowledge on how many deals they are working on or trying to get done. They can only buy if other clubs want to sell, and only for the money that they think a player is worth. Yes other clubs have spent more, but Fulham have gates of 17,000, leeds, villa, derby, middlesborough, sunderland and hull to name but a few have far higher matchday income or greater parachute payments to help them pay bigger wages and transfer fees etc.

I had no mist for it to clear. I want as does everyone here, Fulham to succeed, get promotion with a record points haul, have the best defence and the highest scoring attack. I want to sign everyone we identify as a target at the price we want with no haggling. I want the Kit released a month before the previous season ends. It's not that I think the management don't want that too, but like all things it doesn't work out that way.

(I've also been hoping to reverse the aging process so that I can play for Fulham but that isn't going to happen either).

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on July 19, 2017, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 19, 2017, 01:56:16 PM

Agree with the general sentiment of your post but this point about that comment from Al Fayed has been made on here before and I think it really unfair. When he said it, we'd just been promoted from League 2, having been very close to dropping out the football league, possibly even folding, just a year before. Al Fayed took us from that, to top 10 finishes in the Premier League, a European cup final and some great wins over Man Utd as well. I suppose we never really became "the Man Utd of the South" but relative to where we were to start with, Al Fayed took us 95% of the way. The people who laughed at him when he said it wouldn't have laughed if they'd known he'd achieve that much.

To clarify, it's nothing against Al'fayed whatsoever. He made this club what it is today but my point is, we always hear promises of grandeur, it's the way football is, those who take it with less than a pitch of salt are naive.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Chutney on July 19, 2017, 02:20:06 PM
Failure in the January window cost us promotion

Why do people keep saying this? We were the best team in the league over the final 2/3 of the season. September cost us promotion, not anything that happened in the January window.

And as for "wasting 8m" on Jozabed and Sig, we just got more than we paid for Joza. Sig seems like a miss. It happens. You're not going to nail all 14 signings in one summer. If you weren't happy with Ayite, Aluko, Kebano, Johansen, McDonald, Malone, etc all coming in at once, I don't know what to tell you.

nose

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 19, 2017, 02:07:36 PM
Quote from: nose on July 19, 2017, 02:02:12 PM
It's your view.

If you feel that strongly and want the club to hear you, speak with the FST, try and get other committee that meets the club regularly to voice your concern or try and go to the meetings yourself.

You have made your position very clear on this board through probably half of your 5000+ posts. We get it. We really do

I think you may be right and suggest it was more than hal;f my posts where I scream my frustrations. Maybe I should go to the FST but all i actually want is a center forward and center hapf and a tough 'enforcer.'  I think that is what we all want.

nose

Quote from: snarks on July 19, 2017, 02:36:12 PM
If we are being realistic, it is nonsense to say the management of the club aren't interested in the team going forward. They clearly are but at the right price. Look at Rolan we've agreed a price, the player is unsure, his club then want more money, we say no, all fair to me. Unless you have insider knowledge to say that the management of the club have given up it is not a fair comment to make.

The management of the club certainly have not got as many deals over the line as I wanted, but apart from my season ticket and my subscription to FFCTV I don't have any financial input to demand answers nor do I have insider knowledge on how many deals they are working on or trying to get done. They can only buy if other clubs want to sell, and only for the money that they think a player is worth. Yes other clubs have spent more, but Fulham have gates of 17,000, leeds, villa, derby, middlesborough, sunderland and hull to name but a few have far higher matchday income or greater parachute payments to help them pay bigger wages and transfer fees etc.

I had no mist for it to clear. I want as does everyone here, Fulham to succeed, get promotion with a record points haul, have the best defence and the highest scoring attack. I want to sign everyone we identify as a target at the price we want with no haggling. I want the Kit released a month before the previous season ends. It's not that I think the management don't want that too, but like all things it doesn't work out that way.

(I've also been hoping to reverse the aging process so that I can play for Fulham but that isn't going to happen either).

Ok I will re-phrase. what they say and what occurs seem to be miles and miles apart. to spout ambition especially at the time we may be considering season tickets (I get mine anyway!) and then patently not fulfil the fine rhetoric is not good.

Do you know this, I really thought they were going to follow through and give Joca the right tools at the right time. With two weeks to go that ship has sailed.

aaronmcguigan

1 win in 10 after the close of the transfer window cost us promotion to be fair , and that was down to late entry of incomings, new system, adapting to this league etc by the newbies.  You cannot, and I think the club has, underestimated the advantage of a great start, as well as a settled team.

If you're gonna pinpoint any other reason for not getting promotion, it would be the lack of clean sheets, and again that's not been addressed yet, this is probably the final week of people's patience as we really need to get some decent pre season training, tactics, set pieces and confidence together before we kick off

Then again, this time last year, Cairney was just an average player with a decent looking future, and maybe if injuries would allow it, Sessegnon would get a game or two.

MikeW

I see Brentford have signed Exeter's Olly Watkins for a good fee.  Watkins not the best player in Exeter's team either - David Wheeler is a good talent who scores goals as I have observed before.  I wonder if he is on the keyboard maestro's horizons or do Fulham have a good old fashioned scouting system where people actually go and watch a prospect.  Pah! silly me.  Much too old fashioned.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MikeW on July 19, 2017, 04:12:44 PM
I see Brentford have signed Exeter's Olly Watkins for a good fee.  Watkins not the best player in Exeter's team either - David Wheeler is a good talent who scores goals as I have observed before.  I wonder if he is on the keyboard maestro's horizons or do Fulham have a good old fashioned scouting system where people actually go and watch a prospect.  Pah! silly me.  Much too old fashioned.

26 year old League 2 winger who has only scored more than 10 goals twice... once at Exeter and the other time was at Staines Town, I feel we can do better. God I hope so.

If we were to go for a lower league player Id hope it was John Lunstram the 23 year old central midfielder who is also Oxford captain. Watched him a few times last season at the Kassam Stadium and was quite impressed.