watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football on 5: EFL Highlights

Started by aaronmcguigan, July 24, 2017, 02:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Colin Murray, ex Radio 1 and MOTD2, among plenty others, will be presenting the highlights this coming season on Saturday nights instead of George Riley.

bill taylors apprentice

westcliff white

Riley was bad, Murray on sam elevel for me. but hey ho, as long as they show fulham
Every day is a Fulham day

Barrett487

I had more of an issue with the format of the show, as well as some of the unconvincing guests they dragged in. Riley wasn't that bad imo, but the show was dire.

aaronmcguigan

The format in general of having to show three divisions worth of football in a few hours while trying to put the effort of detailed analysis and commentary into each division is tough without some clubs feeling short changed by the amount they feature
The format one year was to switch, chop and change between different divisions so you would end up seeing a league 2 match before championship games which was no use at all.

Itv had a format before they got the premier league games circa 1998-2001 where they showed every match in each division without studio interference, presenters and so called experts like iwelumo.
I'd prefer that kind of format then maybe a seperate shows that are like the preview show on a Thursday night and maybe detailed analysis on a Sunday evening. Just my opinion . Not like channel 5 don't have room in their "quality schedule"

Jims Dentist

Colin Murray was always very complimentary to us when commentating on our European Adventure.

MikeW

Murray has that kiss of death for any TV presenter - instant turn off appeal.

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

EJL

Uh oh, no one tell Jonathan Liew.

hovewhite

The show last season was pony,and i hope they sort out the show and make it watchwble this time round.

FulhamStu

It's basically Sky highlights that they are given.  All channel 5 do is comment via whatever exe pro they decide to invite. 

bog

I hope he shakes the format up. I recall how enthusiastic he was during our Europa cup run. Unlike Andy Townsend who kept on saying after we moved onto the next round how our run would end then, especially so against Hamburg.

092.gif

PokerMatt

I like Colin Murray. Think he's one of the better of the presenters not on the top rung of sport shows.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

King_Crud

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 24, 2017, 08:21:07 PM
The format in general of having to show three divisions worth of football in a few hours while trying to put the effort of detailed analysis and commentary into each division is tough without some clubs feeling short changed by the amount they feature
The format one year was to switch, chop and change between different divisions so you would end up seeing a league 2 match before championship games which was no use at all.

Itv had a format before they got the premier league games circa 1998-2001 where they showed every match in each division without studio interference, presenters and so called experts like iwelumo.
I'd prefer that kind of format then maybe a seperate shows that are like the preview show on a Thursday night and maybe detailed analysis on a Sunday evening. Just my opinion . Not like channel 5 don't have room in their "quality schedule"

Completely agree. Sky used to have an excellent football league preview show on Friday nights but they stopped it a couple of years ago. I can't remember the host's name but he was knowledgeable and used to get guests on.

When watching highlights just show the highlights without all the talking heads

filham

The show was terrible last season, some drastic surgery will be needed to make it watchable.

Barrett487

Quote from: filham on July 27, 2017, 10:47:47 AM
The show was terrible last season, some drastic surgery will be needed to make it watchable.

Exactly. Especially when Sky are showing highlights online earlier in the day.