watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand

Started by FulhamStu, July 27, 2017, 10:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

In the recent FST MINUTES there was a paragraph about the Riverside stand. 

Interestingly Mackintosh was quite open talking about this and transfers and stated that the Riverside Stand was not contingent on Fulham getting to the Premier League and again stated it was important for increased match and non match day revenue as well as securing Fulham at Craven Cottage, who could argue with that !   My feeling is that they will go ahead but not necessarily with any other current ground development.  If it were me I would incorporate any new development of the Riverside into the Hammersmith and Putney ends as well, at least in the planning, then probably phase the building.

He said, we should get some more detailed information in October, so it all looks like it's is happening dispite our reservations, typical of Fulham to drag it on so long but good news all the same.

filham

Forget it, we have been talking about this for so long without anything happening.
Promotion and regular gates of over 25,000 may motivate movement on the matter.

mrmicawbers

I can understand the club having FFP restrictions and sustainability issues.But surely the Chairman with his billions could go ahead with this project as it has no effect on FFP.This would show a statement of intent and a commitment to our long term future at Craven Cottage.It would also help the FFP side of things and help the sustainability Credo.It would also stop a lot of sniping from his detractors and i can't see why they don't give us an assurance in principal.

SuffolkWhite

I thought FFP had no influence with stadium restructure etc? Also if the new plans are better and worth waiting for whats the problem. We ain't selling the ground out!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

westcliff white

it doesnt Stadium development outside of ffp
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

if it happens it happens as not fussed really as cant see us selling out every week.

Roberty

"He said, we should get some more detailed information in October, so it all looks like it's is happening despite our reservations, typical of Fulham to drag it on so long but good news all the same."

If we're not going to get detailed information until October it would seem to indicate that the current design is going to be replaced with something that Heatherwick are in the process of designing because why would it take more that a year to disclose the results of their consultation if that were not going to be the case
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

grandad

Quote from: hovewhite on July 27, 2017, 11:50:33 AM
if it happens it happens as not fussed really as cant see us selling out every week.

The development is not all about more seats. As AM said it is also to increase non matchday revenue. I would rather the new stand to be exactly as SK wants & not a quick build to satisfy a few on this board. As a carpenter would say "Measure twice, cut once"
Where there's a will there's a wife

Flume

Has the stand been redesigned from what was originally planned?
In Slav we trust

FulhamStu

Quote from: Flume on July 27, 2017, 12:30:42 PM
Has the stand been redesigned from what was originally planned?

Think we will have to wait until October but I would think there has been changes, how many I have no idea, I hope that behind the scenes things are progressing so we can see a fully agreed, fully costed plan.  These things do take time, but it's enough time now.

hovewhite

Quote from: grandad on July 27, 2017, 12:08:14 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 27, 2017, 11:50:33 AM

The development is not all about more seats. As AM said it is also to increase non matchday revenue. I would rather the new stand to be exactly as SK wants & not a quick build to satisfy a few on this board. As a carpenter would say "Measure twice, cut once"
Great if it happens for the long term future of the cottage.if it happens great.

nose

Whatever was said I believe that the new stand is totally contingent on premiership football and october is only a gate to tell us if and when anything is happening. if we do not get promoted the development is a total waste of money...

Riverside

I think the stand has been redesigned

and the key line is " the Riverside Stand redevelopment was intended to increase the Club's non-match day and hospitality offer ...... "

A chance to increase revenue whether or not we are in the Premier League ...

Marcel_Gecov

I know that stadium development doesn't count towards FFP but can revenue from it increase FFP spending?

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 27, 2017, 05:49:04 PM
I know that stadium development doesn't count towards FFP but can revenue from it increase FFP spending?
Absolutely. If we say a Riverside Restaurant open on non matchdays to the public it would increase revenue for the club.

_Putney_

let's hope it's good and helps the atmosphere!

Andy S

Not just the restaurant but corporate facilities that are let out during the week with a lovely view of the thames