more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kalas Returns

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 27, 2017, 12:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Kalas Returns

The Club is delighted to announce that Tomas Kalas has returned on a season-long loan from Chelsea for the 2017/18 campaign.

Kalas played a crucial role at the heart of defence to help Fulham reach the Sky Bet Championship Semi-Finals last season.

The Czech Republic international featured in 36 league games last season and scored for the Whites against Huddersfield Town in the 5-0 win at Craven Cottage in October.

At just 24-years-old he has played seven times for the Czech Republic and has been a regular member of their squad aiming to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Prior to joining Fulham on loan last season the centre-back played a key role in helping Middlesbrough reach the Play-Off Final in 2014/15, before winning promotion with them as runners-up in the 2015/16 season.

Kalas started out at his hometown club Sigma Olomouc before joining Chelsea in the summer of 2010.

Two seasons were then spent on loan at Vitesse Arnhem in Holland, during which time he was named the Czech Republic Young Player of the Year.

He made his debut for Chelsea in a 2-0 League Cup win over Arsenal in October 2013 and his Premier League debut and first start for Chelsea came at Anfield later that season, also in a 2-0 victory.

In the summer of 2014 the defender moved on loan to FC Cologne in Germany, but he departed for Middlesbrough midway through the campaign.

Tony Khan, Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations, said: "It's a pleasure to welcome Tomas Kalas back to the Fulham Football Club.

"We appreciate Tomas so much after the way that he battled for us last season, demonstrating not only tremendous skill but also great heart and determination. We're very excited to have him here again as one of us as we prepare for our next battle, and what we hope will be a great season! COYW!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/27/kalas-returns

bobbo

My day just got soooo much better
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham 442

Chutney

C O Y W

The Old Count

Mitch

One of the worse kept secrets of recent days! I wasn't sure until the Fulham fan in the press confirmed it, and then had other friends confirm, but even so it's great to see it signed and sealed. We're back to where we ended the season now in my eyes. Time to push on with at least 2 more key additions.

AllyWhite

Huge sigh of relief! I was growing more worried each day fearing that Kalas was never going to happen. Hopefully a striker or two next!

Texas White

🙌🙌🙌 Christmas came early this year

hovewhite

Welcome back tomas,best news of this window.

Woolly Mammoth

Let's keep our feet on the ground, it's an important piece in the jigsaw no doubt. But job not yet complete.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Yeeeeessssssss!

I'm the happiest man alive! Welcome back Tom!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 27, 2017, 01:24:05 PM
Let's keep our feet on the ground, it's an important piece in the jigsaw no doubt. But job not yet complete.

Sorry, too busy levitating. All the best though  :wine: ;)
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

ffc73

nose

best think about this signing is he will hit the ground running, no settling in. very pleased and i cannot honestly understand why it took so long even if chelsea wanted him to go to china just to see how well he is progressing.

JoelH5

Amazing news!! So happy!!

I think we are actually marginally better than last year now (marginally!!). Although Malone is gone, Cisse has looked good in pre-season, Norwood is a solid Championship player and the players have had a year together.

We still need a minimum of one ST, a solid CB for competition and maybe a backup LB.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bigalffc

thank goodness! welcome back and thanks for your loyalty to Fulham despite all other efforts :group hug:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Great news. Just a striker and I'll be happy
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 27, 2017, 01:58:33 PM
Amazing news!! So happy!!

I think we are actually marginally better than last year now (marginally!!). Although Malone is gone, Cisse has looked good in pre-season, Norwood is a solid Championship player and the players have had a year together.

We still need a minimum of one ST, a solid CB for competition and maybe a backup LB.

I concur
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.