watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kalas Returns

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 27, 2017, 12:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

Wonderful, Great, Fantastic and all those other accolades!!!

Welcome back Tomas, I was dreading next season if you did not return.  049:gif 077.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 27, 2017, 02:19:21 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 27, 2017, 01:58:33 PM
Amazing news!! So happy!!

I think we are actually marginally better than last year now (marginally!!). Although Malone is gone, Cisse has looked good in pre-season, Norwood is a solid Championship player and the players have had a year together.

We still need a minimum of one ST, a solid CB for competition and maybe a backup LB.

I concur
do we really think we will go for another cb. Kalas Ream Madl sig is it dejou all on the books. Just can't see us going for anymore in that department
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

Just a target man now and any others can settle in as we move forward

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 27, 2017, 02:35:28 PM

I think we are actually marginally better than last year now (marginally!!). Although Malone is gone, Cisse has looked good in pre-season, Norwood is a solid Championship player and the players have had a year together.

We still need a minimum of one ST, a solid CB for competition and maybe a backup LB.

I concur
do we really think we will go for another cb. Kalas Ream Madl sig is it dejou all on the books. Just can't see us going for anymore in that department

Kalas is the only nailed on starter, both Ream and Madl are milky, and the others wouldn't get on the bench in my Sunday team.
So picture this. Bearing in mind you have to cover every eventuality if your serious about promotion.
So picture this. Kalas gets injured. Are you going to be happy with a pairing of any of the others. I most certainly would not.  At the moment for me, it's Kalas and one other.
But that one other has not arrived yet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

I concur
Brilliant news!! And I agree with the above post. And we always have McDonald who seems to fit in pretty well when he drops back.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 27, 2017, 02:46:31 PM

I concur

Kalas is the only nailed on starter, both Ream and Madl are milky, and the others wouldn't get on the bench in my Sunday team.
So picture this. Bearing in mind you have to cover every eventuality if your serious about promotion.
So picture this. Kalas gets injured. Are you going to be happy with a pairing of any of the others. I most certainly would not.  At the moment for me, it's Kalas and one other.
But that one other has not arrived yet.

Ream was probably our best player for the Play-Offs, and one of, if not the best in the second half of the season. Unless he regresses him and Kalas are nailed on starters.

Barrett487

Offal first team page already updated with Kalas on there. Retains no.26.

Mince n Tatties

At last a piece of good news.

hovewhite

Ream and kalas good partnership ,do need another CB.

JackHFFC1990

Huge signing getting Kalas back. Kalas & Ream were strong at the end of the season

JackHFFC1990

Quote from: hovewhite on July 27, 2017, 05:30:01 PM

Can't see another one with Madl Djalo & Sigurdsson backing up Ream & Kalas. Club will be hoping Djalo comes good

YoungsBitter

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on July 27, 2017, 05:56:53 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 27, 2017, 05:30:01 PM

Can't see another one with Madl Djalo & Sigurdsson backing up Ream & Kalas. Club will be hoping Djalo comes good
Me neither, their focus is now on striker, possibly 2 and i would not be surprised to see a GK appear. They will look at Madl, Sigg and Djalo and hope there is enough back up for cup games and injury. You might see something done in January but cannot see it happening now, other fish to fry!
Quark, strangeness and charm

Carborundum

Good news - good player, works in our system, wants to be here.

This may be the transfer window where I decide there's really no difference between loaning and buying a player.  Kalas and Piazon come on loan and end up here for at least two years.  Malone bought and we only got a year.  All that really matters is whether they want to be here and are suited to the job asked of them.

montyandgeorge

Great news. For me it's now all about he striker. Our strength last season was a goal could come from a whole range of player, and I don't want to see us become a side focused around one striker. But the number of crosses we did not connect to was criminal as Martin was so slow / heart not in it. Let's hope the war chest from our sales is still hovering around a few options.

nevzter

Good stuff.  Delighted.

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

PokerMatt

Quote from: Carborundum on July 27, 2017, 06:15:46 PM
Good news - good player, works in our system, wants to be here.

This may be the transfer window where I decide there's really no difference between loaning and buying a player.  Kalas and Piazon come on loan and end up here for at least two years.  Malone bought and we only got a year.  All that really matters is whether they want to be here and are suited to the job asked of them.

You make a good point. My instant retort was about to be "yeah, but they're loyal to their parent club." Then I remembered the parent is Chelsea and they've seen so little of that place that they probably don't even know where the gents is.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

YankeeJim

Sess, Carney & now Kalas. That and a mid and CB. Three KNOWN quantities and two possibles. Yet, the club NEVER brings in anyone.
Maybe, just maybe, there are people at the club that know more then we fickle fans.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

WhiteJC

don't get me wrong I'm really pleased his back however, am I the only one who's disappointed that its another loan and not a purchase?

AlexW132

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 27, 2017, 07:00:52 PM
don't get me wrong I'm really pleased his back however, am I the only one who's disappointed that its another loan and not a purchase?
To be honest, we couldn't have bought him for a reasonable price. Chelsea always were going to be tough to negotiate with, because we all know how their loan system works. However if we want him again next season, I think a 3rd loan is excessive.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 27, 2017, 07:00:52 PM

No, I can reassure you, that you are not alone.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.