more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England ladies

Started by fulhamben, July 27, 2017, 07:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Just went one up against Portugal.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

2 1 up now, with tremendous support.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

The ladies have come on leaps and bounds in the last ten years. Some decent stuff being played, no diving or cheating either.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobbo

Me watching too but there's a knob with a drum spoiling it
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on July 27, 2017, 09:22:55 PM
Me watching too but there's a knob with a drum spoiling it

The guy with the drum is Sandy Nelson.

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

nose

enjoyed the game, brilliant 2nd half after shaky 1st. shame for scotland

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on July 27, 2017, 10:06:44 PM
I remember him woolly

"Let there be Drums", I believe was his greatest hit.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on July 27, 2017, 10:37:34 PM

A good win and a good second half performance, considering England played 10 reserves.

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 27, 2017, 10:50:41 PM

A good win and a good second half performance, considering England played 10 reserves.

in watching all the ladies games (well england anyway) i do think they have  a way to go.
IMO they are a bit schoolkid style
too often they hold the ball too long rather than make an easy pass, start running,get into trouble and then hot the ball long and thus lose possesion... it was the same with the first 11 V spain.....   we won but against france it could be somewhat different, their first team is a different class, they keep possesion and unlike spain have forwards that know where the goal is. we need to keep possesion much much better.

however the team is fantastically improving and the games are exciting and good sport.... looking forward to the next game.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on July 27, 2017, 10:55:42 PM

in watching all the ladies games (well england anyway) i do think they have  a way to go.
too often they hold the ball too long rather than make an easy pass, start running,get into trouble and then hot the ball long and thus lose possesion... it was the same with the first 11 V spain.....   we won but against france it could be somewhat different, their first team is a different class, they keep possesion and unlike spain have forwards that know where the goal is. we need to keep possesion much much better.

however the team is fantastically improving and the games are exciting and good sport.... looking forward to the next game.

Yes France will be Englands toughest match so far, a real challenge. But the Lionesses are a match for anyone with their fighting spirit.

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 27, 2017, 11:12:48 PM
Quote from: nose on July 27, 2017, 10:55:42 PM

Yes France will be Englands toughest match so far, a real challenge. But the Lionesses are a match for anyone with their fighting spirit.
i agree. what i did not mention, and hope I am not about to spoil anything is that the center backs look very solid.... they get most things in the air and are physical in a good way. looking forward to the game

apparently that is only the second time england of any major description have won all three group games, the first ron greenwood 1982..amazing stat.

Holders

Congratulations to them and I enjoy watching, though sometimes they seem a little naive and error-prone.  France are the best team I've watched in the competition and will be a tough test.

I do miss my favourite player, though, little Eni Aluko whom I assume is related to our Sone but who didn't make the squad.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

nose

Quote from: Holders on July 28, 2017, 09:51:11 AM
Congratulations to them and I enjoy watching, though sometimes they seem a little naive and error-prone.  France are the best team I've watched in the competition and will be a tough test.

I do miss my favourite player, though, little Eni Aluko whom I assume is related to our Sone but who didn't make the squad.

Sone is her brother I understand
She is 30 and I do not know if she is dropped, retired or injured. I too thought she would feature but because she is a TV pundit and right behind the team so one assumes she wasn't just dropped.

Lighthouse

Always enjoy a game of football when two sides genuinly want to play and win what ever the standard. Have watched the games available on More 4 and C4. Enjoyed them for what they are. The Womens game is always improving and it is sometimes nice not to sit through a game without all the play acting and the histrionics the mens game sometimes becomes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

stevehawkinslidingtackle

They've done well, but it doesnt hide the fact womens football is pants. My local village side could turn them over,  and half of that side have a fag and a pint at half time. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on July 28, 2017, 02:11:57 PM
They've done well, but it doesnt hide the fact womens football is pants. My local village side could turn them over,  and half of that side have a fag and a pint at half time. 

The definition of the word Pants as defined in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary is ..... Mid 19th Century Abreviation for Pantaloons.
The only other Pants you will notice is the Pants from your Villagers panting around out of breath, and not a phone number between them.   
After refereeing Women at a comparatively high standard for a decade.
I can categorically state without prejudice that your Village team will be in for an almighty surprise.
I think you will find that the women will be fitter, with a sublime first touch, will certainly be more competitive than you can imagine, they can swear better than men, and break wind louder.
These women are in good shape believe me, and as organised as any men's team.
They will be in your face, and there is no pun intended.
They literary punch their weight.
Your villagers will be over run and be made to look foolish. Your Villagers will be glad to get back to the pub for a fag and a pint and a lie down.  🍺🍺🍺🍺

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Fulham are pants compared to Barcelona. I don't really see what point this makes. You only want to watch elite sport? The top women tennis players can't beat the top two hundred plus men players. Usain Bolt can beat any runner so why bother watching them.

Sport is entertaining if you enjoy watching the sport. Saying that women are pants at playing sport is frankly a bit pants.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 28, 2017, 02:42:12 PM

Fulham are pants compared to Barcelona. I don't really see what point this makes. You only want to watch elite sport? The top women tennis players can't beat the top two hundred plus men players. Usain Bolt can beat any runner so why bother watching them.

Sport is entertaining if you enjoy watching the sport. Saying that women are pants at playing sport is frankly a bit pants.

Nah not really. Its The same reason I wouldn't go to watch womens golf too as they just whiff the ball, and is prob the reason why they dont ever show driving stats, its a a swing and a whiff, rescue clubs whiffed in from 140. Dont watch womens darts too, unless I want to see a 5 minute 26 darter finishing on double one. The same reason I dont watch womens football. Especially the keepers, and watching them head the ball. Its naff.
To compare that to Usain Bolt and not watching any other runner is not the same. I quite often go and watch Maidstone FC, because its still a decent standard. Ive watched womens football, and it isnt. Its pants. With a capital skid mark.
I would watch womens beach volleyball though. Thats pretty good. Cheers.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 28, 2017, 02:24:49 PM

The definition of the word Pants as defined in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary is ..... Mid 19th Century Abreviation for Pantaloons.
The only other Pants you will notice is the Pants from your Villagers panting around out of breath, and not a phone number between them.   
After refereeing Women at a comparatively high standard for a decade.
I can categorically state without prejudice that your Village team will be in for an almighty surprise.
I think you will find that the women will be fitter, with a sublime first touch, will certainly be more competitive than you can imagine, they can swear better than men, and break wind louder.
These women are in good shape believe me, and as organised as any men's team.
They will be in your face, and there is no pun intended.
They literary punch their weight.
Your villagers will be over run and be made to look foolish. Your Villagers will be glad to get back to the pub for a fag and a pint and a lie down.  🍺🍺🍺🍺

Nah dont think so Wooly. They'd get booted off the park. This girl in goal is pretty good though I'll give you that. Watching womens football is a bit like watching someone play football on the computer. FIFA or whatever its called

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XJ_xp5-_Sk