watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The cleanest shirt on the pitch

Started by Andy S, July 28, 2017, 10:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

In life there are many types of people. There are those who work very hard and there are the shirkers who work hard at trying to show they are working hard but in reality they are seen for what they are by their fellow workers but not always by their manager, who thinks the sun shines out of their rear end. In between there are every different type of of person you can imagine.
On that vein who over the years was the Fulham equivalent who always left the pitch with a clean shirt even when it was as muddy as hell?

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Andy S

Yes I agree. Steve never went in for a tackle and usually skipped over the player to avoid contact. That shirt never needed a wash

Tell

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

Fabrice Fernandes, Bryan Ruiz, Dimitar Berbatov,  3 degrees of preciousness.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

snarks

Ruiz did hit the deck a lot tho' so his probably did need a wash.

SouthfieldWhite

I'd hazard a guess at Mark Cooper.

But the OP is spot on, there's enough of them on my firm.

HamsterWheel

Steven Davis never seemed to get mucky. I used to rant at him. Turned out to be a much better player with Southampton.

Carborundum

Kacanaclic.  Would hang around in space instead of mucking in.  It's a good strategy if primarily interested in assembling a YouTube highlights reel.  Easily rumbled by a shrewd manager.  In his brief cameos Jozebed was his heir apparent.

Berbatov used to drive me mad when he dropped back to get the ball on the basis that he was the best player on the pitch.  He was, but top level professional football doesnt work like that and our shape and plans would crumble away.  In a funny way the laziness jibes seemed to work against him, they stung him into doing things he shouldn't and I liked it best when he stuck to the role of being up top.

Ruiz at least ended up trying quite hard to get in the way.  He had a purple patch when he was our best defender of corners (competition at the time wasn't fierce). Tackling wasn't ever his thing.

Jims Dentist

An old argument, but I would have to mention Garry Brazil.
Although he had many a clean shirt match, the one for me was Ashford away, when just about everyone else was plastered in mud he had a pretty clean shirt.

e4b

I resemble some of those remarks. Not so much the hairdo though.It was the 60s/70s remember there were some mullets around in those days.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 28, 2017, 06:58:36 PM
Although he had many a clean shirt match, the one for me was Ashford away, when just about everyone else was plastered in mud he had a pretty clean shirt.

Remember Ashfield away like it was yesterday, can't believe anyone could not get a bit messy on that pitch.

Remember sitting on the back concrete wall behind the goal getting soaked and when we got down got my boots caked in mud.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 28, 2017, 08:13:10 PM

Remember Ashfield away like it was yesterday, can't believe anyone could not get a bit messy on that pitch.

Remember sitting on the back concrete wall behind the goal getting soaked and when we got down got my boots caked in mud.

I sunk in about a foot into the mud,soaked right through my coat,fell over when Mickey scored the second pen.
Everyone looking at me on the train back to London,then on the one to Suffolk.
I was ill for a fortnight...Great supporting Fulham ain't it..lol

Jamie88

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2017, 08:18:44 PM

I sunk in about a foot into the mud,soaked right through my coat,fell over when Mickey scored the second pen.

Gutted there is no footage around of this match, I hear about it a lot and as someone who wasn't there (I was only 5/6 at the time), it would be of interest to me!

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 28, 2017, 08:40:18 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2017, 08:18:44 PM

Gutted there is no footage around of this match, I hear about it a lot and as someone who wasn't there (I was only 5/6 at the time), it would be of interest to me!

I'm surprised about that, the only reason the game went ahead is because if I remember rightly, Sky had extended highlights of it later that day.

Remember walking straight through an open gate even though we had tickets  for an all ticket game.

filham

No contest on this one - Berbatov.