watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we go up?

Started by charliejones141, July 28, 2017, 01:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliejones141

If we go up who in the current squad is good enough for the prem? Midfield Trio, Aluko and Ayite I think

bencher

Possibly none of them....

JackHFFC1990

For me

Kalas Sessegnon McDonald Cairney Johansen Ayite Aluko

Think Fredericks possibly aswell

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Dixie

10 out of 10 for optimism! Love it
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Tonywa

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on July 28, 2017, 01:28:25 PM
For me

Kalas Sessegnon McDonald Cairney Johansen Ayite Aluko

Think Fredericks possibly aswell

That's a bit previous, but I have doubts about Kalas who Boro didn't attempt to sign once they were promoted, I think McDonald would be too slow and Aluko didn't pull up any trees on his previous spell in the top flight, also have doubts about Johansen.  That leaves Cairney, who would be a decent middle table midfielder and Sessegnon, possibly Fredricks. If it were to happen it would require some major spending by our chairman to give us much hope of staying up. Just think of the team we assembled last time we went up which included EVDS, Finnan, Goma, Legwinsky, Clark, Malbranque, Boa Morte,  Saha and which nearly got relegated in our first season.  There's a huge gap .  Let's get there first and hope for a  great season.

terryr

It frightens me to think about going up before the first ball is kicked.
Too many broken hearted, feelings from the past 3 years

General

I think it's this question that has our club cautiously bringing in loans.

filham

The question to be asked right now is who is good enough to hold a place in a Championship winning team.
The Premiership question should be put on the back boiler for 9 months by which time we may look differently on  the worth of individual players.

Carborundum

It's a team game, so if a team is good enough to go up, it seems unwise to change much more than is necessary.  There's a dozen teams in the premier league that aren't going to be vastly better, so better hope three are worse - one or two simply won't function as a team and that's a pit that can be avoided.  At least that way the fans get to find out if the promotion winning heroes could cut it.  Turning up to the first game in the premier and wondering "who are these lot?" less appealing.

Woolly Mammoth

A hypothetical question, which we may not be in a position to answer.
I wouldn't want to until promotion is ever achieved.
It would be a great position to be in, and questions will be answered.
We would know a lot more about the players if they managed to achieve it. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

can the cart possibly be farther in front of the horse?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 29, 2017, 06:21:32 AM
And there really is no point at all in counting these particular chickens before they are hatched.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on July 29, 2017, 11:02:15 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 29, 2017, 06:21:32 AM
And there really is no point at all in counting these particular chickens before they are hatched.

They are not even eggs yet.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

We are not going up. The season will be one of disappointment as it must be after last year. The real question is. Who can we hold onto next season when the dream has gone and we are doomed to another season in the Championship. Fact is if we only needed a small amount of tinkering to push us over the line and have failed even to do that. Not one player we have brought in will be a first team regular.

What chance have we of holding onto the players next season when we fail to bother the top 8?

:012: fp.gif

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Two hopes. No hope and Bob Hope.

Never forget your Roots.

nose

i think the Op made a typo, it should read if we go down which players are capabel of keeping us in league one before the management mismanage further and see us slip in to league two.